Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tiger King

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Remember how Making a Murderer had an agenda? This show also has an agenda. The producers set out from the start to give us certain impressions. Many of these impressions are true. Some maybe a bit more disingenuous. I watched all 7 episodes over the weekend and enjoyed it for what it was: a lunatic's life spinning out of control. Complete with a cast of many other wacky and suspicious characters. If you loved Making a Murderer you will probably at least like this.

It follows a mostly insane story of the corrupt world behind a couple private 'Big Cat' zoos. Its very apt that a few fellow great apes are featured in the show, maybe as a reminder of how closely we are related.

#1 Neuropyramidal, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  2. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I was going to start a "Tiger King" thread myself after watching all of it yesterday.

In many ways, this doc is better than Making a Murderer because it had even more outrageous personalities and there was a bent of humor to it, like with those cheesy music videos.

Obviously there was an agenda and these various plots and stories are puffed up for dramatic effect. But wow! This show had me questioning my faith in humanity. Lmao

I still don't know where I stand on that Carole gal. She tried to portray herself as some type of "advocate" for the animals, but her place looked gross and her big cats were in some awfully small cages.

Her weird pyramid scheme-like program for her volunteers/employees was also sketchy as was her controversy with the death of hubby #2

The entire show was wack! Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, I also thought Carole was just as shady as Joe and Antle, maybe even more so with her husband's disappearance. And I felt she was kind of a hypocrite for doing basically the same thing the other two are doing, minus the breeding. But last night I did a bit of research that partially changed my mind. It turns out the Big Cat Rescue's pens actually range from 1200 square feet up to 2 acres in size. In the documentary they would show only small sections of some of the enclosures that made it appear as if that little section was the entire thing. And it was explained they let the grass grow to make it more like their natural habitat instead of like a zoo where the tigers can always be seen by the spectators. That actually makes sense to me after hearing the real sizes of their enclosures.

I thought Carole was a complete douche for wanting to put Joe's parents' house as collateral but Howard did an interview explaining that they were forced to sue Joe's mom because Joe transferred his assets to her. Once she agreed to release the assets Joe transferred he said they didn't go after one dime of his mom's estate and Joe made up the story about them wanting the house as collateral. Howard's story makes perfect sense and I actually believe him. It sounds like a typical Joe lie.

That huge crowd that they showed at Big Cat Rescue was actually an event that happens just once per year, where they allow the public to freely tour the facility. It turns out that typical tours are no greater than 10 to 20 people, are guided, and at most given times few people are actually touring Big Cat Rescue. The producers of the documentary made it seem as if what we saw on screen was a typical tour day.

And I do think there is a pretty big conceptual difference between what the other zoos do and what Howard and Carole do.

I'm kind of on the fence about Carole murdering her husband, but its starting to seem like those facts may have been presented in a pretty skewed way as well. Among other things, I guess other people besides Carole were noticing a mental decline in the weeks prior to his disappearance, and Don's widow's daughters weren't giving us the exact correct story about their inheritance. Other oddities as well, such as Anne Mcqueen [Don's assistant] previously embezzling money from Don. As I was watching the show, I was about 70% sure Carol killed him. Now I'm less than 35% sure.

Howard explained that they were told the documentary was going to be focused making the public aware of animal abuse going on in the industry [not the human drama] and that Joe Exotic was not going to be a major character. And perhaps that's how the intentions started, but certainly not how they ended lol.

#3 Neuropyramidal, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

And yeah, I also liked the comic elements. I laughed out loud at Howard, in his deadpan, almost downtrodden manner, explaining Joe's online antics. "He took an image of Carol's head and attached it onto the body of what was apparently a man wearing a diaper. And here is a disgusting blob of some sort with the caption 'just remember, things could always be worse, you could have a crotch like Carole's". lol.

And that little 5 second clip of Joe's faced superimposed in Don's face, acting like Don's ghost and saying to let him out of the septic tank.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Neuropyramidal

And of course, just like with Avery in Making a Murderer, the dumbest of our celebrities are already starting to petition to have Joe released.

#5 Neuropyramidal, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I just finished episode 2, but I did some research before watching it. It’s really got me rethinking these roadside zoos.
    There’s a place in AZ called Out of Africa that I went to a few times. We even took the kids. They started out just rescuing big cats, but by the time I moved to Fl. they were breeding all sorts of cats.

After 2 episodes I think Joe is mentally unstable, and Doc is a horn dog using cats to build his harem.

Looking forward to watching the remaining episodes.

The truth is out there

7. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I really loathed that Jeff guy. I don't want to say he was the worst of the bunch, because this doc highlighted so many bad people, but he's still a horrible person.

He just seems like someone who's default is to use people. And if he can successfully use and manipulate someone like Joe who is also extremely manipulative, then he's pretty skilled at it.

Everyone who crosses paths with him and his gal ultimately end up worse off. That tells you something.

Also, he's a 50-something who where's a bandanna under a logo clad baseball cap on a regular basis like he's a 15 year-old kid from 1994. If that's not the world's biggest red flag to let others know to steer clear of this dude, then I don't know what is. lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

This might be the best meme I've ever seen in my life. This illustrates both of these hot topics in the most perfect way. lmao

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Neuropyramidal

11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'm sort of buying into this "he had dementia" theory. It's very common with older men. And the people who say "No! He had his wits about him" should know that this is very common. Their minds are sharp as a tack one moment and then the next moment they forget and confuse people, places, things, and even time itself. My grandfather got dementia before he passed away and he thought that my mom, his daughter, was some nurse that tended to his wounds when he was injured in WWII. He would mistake everyone he knew with someone else from his past. Then a moment later, he was back to normal and knew everyone again. It was disturbing and sad.

Anyway, the theory that he flew below the radar (literally) in his plane and then something went wrong over the waters, is also a plausible theory.

Her having him stuffed under a septic tank is also plausible because she's a damaged individual herself. She wants to control her world any everything in it. If he had been able to divorce her, she would have been left with very little or nothing at all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Neuropyramidal

Carole's behavior going forward should be a good hint too. If she's happy the case is reopened, it might mean nothing, but if she seems really annoyed they are activating it again, he's under the septic tank! ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

14. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Trump Jr must have watched the episodes, as he is now advocating for Joe to be pardoned.

The truth is out there

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

We have enough topics that center around Trump and the Trump family. Let's keep those discussions in the Trump thread and the other political threads. This thread is about Joe Exotic, Tigers, meth addicts and that bitch Carole Baskins. lolololol

16. Neuropyramidal

As an ancient Chinese proverb once said, these are crazy times in which we live. ;)

And don't worry. Its okay to discuss how politicians treat Joe Exotic, in the Joe Exotic thread. :)