Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tight Red Cordoury Pants

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by shortpaul, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

That was one of my favorite bumper stickers, the one that said,

"I'm schizophrenic, and so am I" (or something like that)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

You see, the problem with the Mr. Mod/ SP collaboration, if you will, is that neither one of them particularly “listen” when people post. In the SP persona we just have bat shit crazy, lol. No offense there, Short Paul! Luv ya!

When asked who “Cheddar” was, SP answered it was just something he called his “friends”. Since he was already referring to me as Boomer, and I wear my Boomer badge proudly, lol, I suggested “Grandma” Cheddar. *shrugs* That’s only between me and SP when he’s on. Of course it feels as if it’s getting to the point where it’s like talking to Edgar Bergen and Charley McCarthy, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Morgotha

I guess I missed the whole Cheddar thing. I just felt angered and offended that someone would use "cottage cheese" to describe someone. Hee hee, I guess work must be getting to me today, normally things don't bother me much.

And as an aside, ventriloquists creep me out. My "abnormal behavior" sensor really acts up around those guys. LOL, I don't even feel comfortable watching them on t.v.

4. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

lol Nice baseless conspiracy theory you've got going on here. :rolleyes:

#44 Jama, Nov 20, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  5. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Oh please! Just stop. It's abundantly obvious that you don't know what you're talking about.

You and I have been interacting for years now and the other guy has been around for a week. I doubt that you're able to discern any alleged similarities to conclude that we're the same person, or there's some type of odd collaboration to gang up on you, or the hand puppet reference, or whatever hair-brained nonsense you've decided is "fact".

The fact that you're even putting this forth as a plausible theory in a public thread makes no logical sense.

You're assertion that I don't listen to people when they post, is based on what? A baseless hunch? pffffft. Well.... when it comes to most of your posts that might be partially true, but for good reason. lol. However, I'm actually quite a good listener with most others. And I listen to more of what you say than you might think, but you go ahead and think what you want.

As far as this situation is concerned, the truth is I was just trying to engage with you with a little bit of goofy light-hearted banter. My mistake. It won't happen again.

If I've offended you, instead of talking about me to others as if I'm not "in the room", just be honest and tell me that I offended you and I'll gladly delete those posts. I probably got a bit carried away anyway. I'm sorry if I did.

But please don't make this into something that it's not... I have no connection with shortpaul in any manner. You've missed the mark on that one.

#45 Jama, Nov 20, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

You were angered and offended by that? Really? So your post where you quoted my post and claimed that it was funny, was really sarcasm? Whew! You've got some work to do with that. lol

7. Morgotha

If you want to hear the long version, and I'm assuming you do ;), I couldn't find the right word to describe my emotion. "Horrified" is what initially came to mind, but when I saw it in writing I thought, "people use horrified to describe things like Dachau, it seems a bit much to use in this context. What's a more mild form of horrified?"

And I went through a few of them in my head, and none seemed to really "fit". So I asked myself, "well, how would you feel if someone described you that way" and I know I'd be angry, and I'd sure be offended... so I went with that.

Am I sitting here seething in my outrage and indignation? No. Did I feel a shocked and mildly horrified sensation when I saw an adult man describing an older woman as cottage cheese? Yep. Am I going to lose sleep over it or expect you to? Nope. IMO, we should write the whole thing off as "Morgotha's Aphasia" and move on.

But I'm not and never was really angry or offended, I just couldn't find a synonym for mildly horrified.:)

8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Ok whatever! :rolleyes:

You don't hide something like that with bad sarcasm and you don't go into that level of detail about how "shocked" you were, only to tell me to "write it off" as some type of problem regarding one of your personality quirks. Gimme a break!

I honestly couldn't remember what she told him to call her and I was too lazy to go and look. I just remember that it had something to do with some type of cheese. For some reason, I had it in my head that the term she used was "cottage cheese" as if she was engaging in a bit of dark humor. I thought the exchange was funny when I read all of it, but I didn't remember the exact details when I decided to make a reference to it, when talking to her up above.

Maybe it was foolish of me to try and have a humorous exchange with someone who views me from such a cynical and critical lens. Regardless of that, I've obviously crossed a line. Whether it was intentional or unintentional, of if I have "dual accounts" for some pointless reason is irrelevant at this point. As such, I deleted that post.

9. Morgotha

Don't make a mountain out of a molehill, now! I wasn't using sarcasm earlier or now.

And for that matter, I don't know if Purriwinkle noticed it or was bothered by it at all in the first place, it just bothered me reading it - those issues are my own, I suppose.

As Rodney King once said, "can't we all just get along?"

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'm not making a mountain out of a molehill and I'm not upset with you. She did notice the post because she responded to me suggesting that I seek professional help, because she thinks I'm posting under an alt account. Let's just move on from this. We're at a point where people (including myself) are incorrectly assuming how others are reacting to words written out on a monitor. It's not worth it to discuss the matter any further.