Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

WOW again for me, too, because in this article I see that anyone transporting a woman out of state for an abortion is also prosecuted. Originally, I just heard a mention of this new law on CNN, which didn't have this level of detail.

Now I really see why companies want to leave Georgia in protest. This law is so draconian, I can't see how it could even generate a useful test case against Roe v. Wade. I'm thinking, SURELY it would be overturned and Roe v. Wade would stand against THIS. But then again, who knows....

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I only know of 1 case where the mother got a very late term “abortion “.
    The doctors discovered that the baby, at 6 months, was having continuous seizures and it was very painful for the baby. The parents wanted this baby, but did not want their soon to be daughter to be in constant pain after birth. They discussed it amongst themselves and their doctor. Because the state they lived in wouldn’t help them, they went to another. (Yes, I am keeping the families name and states private).
    At 8 months pregnant, the doctor administered a drug to the baby that slowed, then stopped the heart. The woman was then given a drug that started contractions. She delivered a stillborn.
    The family named her and buried her.

No where was a knife stabbed into the babies skull and twisted around. That sounds very made up to make people angry.

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Sharpie61

While the tension heats up in the Middle East, and women’s rights are being stripped away here, Gene Simmons from KISS, is holding a briefing in the Pentagon. No joke
    [​IMG]

The truth is out there

4. Lindigo

?????

sigh

5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

What the hell for???

6. Sharpie61

• Like Like x 2
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. tink

tink Well-Known Member

9. tink

tink Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Lindigo

A federal judge has ordered portions of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report to be unredacted and made public in the criminal case against former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan issued the limited order Thursday. Portions of the report relating to Flynn are redacted and would be made public under the order.

It is the first time a federal judge has ordered the Justice Department to make public portions of the report the agency had kept secret.

Mueller officially concluded his investigation in March. Attorney General William Barr released a redacted version of Mueller’s report in April.

Flynn is awaiting sentence after admitting to lying to the FBI about his conversations with the Russian ambassador to the United States.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/may/16/emmet-sullivan-federal-judge-orders-parts-mueller-/

11. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

I thought republicans gave states the autonomy to run them independently. Deciding this for democratic states was just a punishment. You are saying the federal government needs states money?

Saying Stuff and Thangs

12. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Isn’t it odd that people like Michael Cohen and Michael Flynn go to prison on Trump’s behalf but Trump himself is absolutely not guilty of anything—total exonerated, in his own words.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Nope. The Feds were giving people in high-tax states Federal tax relief. Recently they decided it was unfair to people living in low tax states to have them subsidize people in high tax states, and that every citizen must pay their fair share to the Federal government.

States are still free to tax their citizens whatever they want. Republicans still believe states have the autonomy to run independently - they just can't pass on the bill for their spending to the citizens of the country. The citizens of the state must be responsible for their own state's spending.

BTW, as a New Yorker himself, Trump was effectively raising his own taxes, which goes against your belief that he was doing it to punish people.

#25773 Morgotha, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
  14. Morgotha

Trump helped track down Bin Laden. Who knew? Well, technically his associate did, but that makes him responsible, right?

"
    A federal judge has confirmed for the first time that Felix Sater, a former Donald Trump business associate who drove Trump Tower Moscow negotiations during the 2016 election, helped the U.S. government track down Osama bin Laden.

During a hearing on Thursday in the Eastern District of New York — held as part of a lawsuit brought by First Look Media to unseal records related to Sater’s longtime cooperation with the government on various national security issues — Judge I. Leo Glasser said the media group already knew all of the “very interesting and dangerous things” Sater had done through his decade as an FBI informant.

“He cooperated,” Glasser said. “And you know what he did over the 10, 11 years, because you told me that you know. He provided the telephone number of Osama bin Laden. He has done an awful lot of very interesting and dangerous things.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...osama-bin-ladens-number/ar-AABsHzL?li=BBnb7Kz

15. Morgotha

Here's something I hadn't heard. Among all the moaning about Trump et.al. refusing to testify to Congress about the Mueller investigation, it turns out that Mueller *himself* has refused to testify before Congress!

"Mr. Mueller, who was invited to testify by the chairmen of the House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees a month ago, has not agreed to do so."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-their-hopes-on-mueller/ar-AABsDHi?li=BBnb7Kz

16. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Trump picks a racist piece of shit who thinks he can perform magic to head ICE:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/16/mark-morgan-eyes-ice-director-1449570

"“I’ve been to detention facilities where I’ve walked up to these individuals that are so-called minors, 17 or under,” Morgan said on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” in January. “I’ve looked at them and I’ve looked at their eyes, Tucker — and I’ve said that is a soon-to-be MS-13 gang member. It’s unequivocal.”"

So looking a 3-year old in the eye allows him to magically see that child's future. Sure.

17. tink

tink Well-Known Member

He still works for the DoJ, and both the White House and his boss Barr have prevented him from testifying. Nice try though.

18. Lindigo

Does anyone know if there is a politically strategic reason for Mueller to still work for DoJ or to retire?

19. Morgotha

If he keeps working he keeps getting paid, that's a good reason.

20. tink

tink Well-Known Member

There were several stories about Mueller leaving the DoJ 'in the coming days', but not in the mainstream press so I'm not sure if it's true.

The white house and Barr are also trying to prevent McGahn from testifying as well though, and he got fired (the day before he was eligible for his pension).

As a private citizen I'm not sure how either could be prevented from testifying, but I guess I'm not entirely certain about the law. Would they still be under some sort of gag rule? Not sure.

• Like Like x 1