Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Too Much Too Soon

Discussion in 'Episode 307 - When the Dead Come Knocking' started by Hawaiian Shirt Zombie, Nov 28, 2012.

1. UndeadMauldo

UndeadMauldo Member

Maybe they need to have a couple of shows where everybody stays at the prison talking and no away teams are allowed to beam out.

2. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Every season after 3 is gonna be the pace of 3.

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

good. it get's more urgent form then on. I think there will still be slower moments just rarer as they deal with constant threat.

4. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Yeah slower episodes are good and fine when the time dictates it but i don't want another whole damn slow season.

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

me either. occasional safe haven's warrant it but the world won't let them rest for long.

6. Junking87

Junking87 Member

First off, I wanna say that your avatar is HILARIOUS. Just when I stopped laughing at it, I scroll down and see the dog jumping everywhere. More laughter ensued. But back to topic, I agree with everything you said here. The show shouldn't have to dumb down to the point where EVERY interaction and thought has to be on screen. Its nice that we are allowed to think for ourselves a little bit. Plus like you said, Oscar and Axel have been through hell and back in that place. They may look to Rick like a savior of sorts because he gave them a second chance. Oscar is probably going with them to further prove himself to the group. That and I believe he has seen that the group is filled with good people. He probably sees a chance to belong to that and wants it for himself after everything he's been through.

7. Bhante

Bhante Member

First and most importantly - I love the leaping dog (soooooo happy)

I like Oscar a lot and I want him to live long and prosper

Axel offered to help tune the motorcycle and he went to fix the prison generators - very useful

Merle and Daryl will have a happy reunion until Merle finds out Daryle is riding his chopper and giving away his drugs

Compound Bow champion girl will shoot at Oscar but miss and the entire Team Prison will turn and shoot her at once

ahhhh, just relaxing after reading the item above - so satisfying

8. Junking87

Junking87 Member

LOL I still laugh at that girl trying to shoot. My jaw literally dropped when she missed twice in a row and then she gets pissed because Andrea was like, "Ok leave it to me". That cracked me up. Was she serious?

9. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Wanting to phone your mom isn't really any kind of developement..

Stories of an event or experience you shared with your mom is...

Example: Daryl - 'I want to see Merle' , compared to Daryl - 'I was only able to play with other kids in my street when Merle wasn't around'

One is developement, the other is just verbalising a wish to perform an action..

10. DalekSec

DalekSec Active Member

I am just SO diggin on this thread.

Nice to see I am not the only one so daft as to think this hard about it all.

11. Creepy

Creepy Member

I hope Daryl kills that chick and steals her bow. He'd do it all casual like, as if she were just another owl or rodent. Sees her, kills her, and turns to the group saying "Hey guys, look at my new bow!"

12. InMyBlood

InMyBlood Member

holy canoli, i shouldn't have looked under your spoiler. that was a shocker. thanks for the info. i've learned my lesson.

13. ChokeHldsIllegal

Very True!... BUT I was pointing out not just the fact that he wants to call home, but that his entire family is probably dead and he has to deal with this reality (mostly off camera but its still happening). How he deals with things is his development. (i.e. trying to prove himself to the group who may end up being his new family, and everything else we have mentioned in this thread) For us to know that he even had someone to he wanted to call and is small, of course, but possibly significant too... Because it is significant to him...

We obviously feel emotions much stronger for our main characters when they experiences a heavy loss but a heavy loss is just as damaging to the characters who don't get the on screen development. For Oscar, learning of the ZA, had just as much weight on his life as it did for Rick waking up in the hospital.

14. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

Sorry I couldn’t join in the discussion; I was indisposed since the original posting. :(

There have been a lot of thoughts to read through and so many of them where great points to consider about this episode! Anyway, THANK YOU all for keeping the discussion civil!!

15. John_t

John_t New Member

Michonne was eager to go back to Woodbury, because:
    1. She had a bond with Andrea and did not really want to leave her there.
    2. She hates Woodbury and the Governor and this is a chance for her to do something about it.
    3. She's wounded and can't be on her own for a while, and needs to join the new group.
    4. She actually cares about what's right and wrong, despite her tough skin.

16. page

page Well-Known Member

The other points have merit also but I've said before and I'm a strong believer that Michonne has a huge heart and will always do the right thing. Her stand offishness has nothing to do with her kindness. She's just cautious.

17. arroncarlton

arroncarlton Member

I felt that way about Oscar, which will be the case with less character driven episodes this seasons. Sure Oscar did have one meaningful conversation with Glen; however; to risk his life for him and Maggie so early, it does not seem plausible.

Otis risking his live to save Carl?... plausible. Some of the writing this season has been lazy, with action and gore taking the forefront.

As for trusting Michonne, it is realistic... they had no choice. Maggie and Glen did not return, and their lives may be in danger. They had to act immediately.

18. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I felt that Michonne's main reason for wanting to return to woodbury was just to remove some heads..

And confirm that the Gov was a baddy.. I don't think her main concern was Andrea. Andrea made a choice in her opinion..

19. Bhante

Bhante Member

#5 The Governor sent 4 goons to kill her when she walked away

20. Bhante

Bhante Member

Well, you are the only daft one, we are just doing all this to support you. It's all about the giving.