Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Trailer for season 5 Fear

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Sharpie61, Mar 31, 2019.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

Why do you assume physics operate in the same manner in FTWD's universe?

If that don't do it for then.. then magic. It's always magic.

=)

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

FTWD is like TWD meets ZNation

4. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member

Would you recommend catching up,with this series? I watched only the first season. Somehow I didn't feel an irresistible urge to keep going with it at the time. I just didn't find the characters very engaging. But I always liked Morgan's character a lot. Do the others get more likeable/relatable? I've heard people enjoying S2 and 3 and some hating 4. What would you say? Would you recommend? Is it worth the time?

5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

There are two different schools of thought. Some people adored the first three seasons and were disappointed by season four. Not me. I only listened to the first three seasons in the background while I was doing something else. Season four was a reboot with virtually all new characters, and I LOVE IT. It sounds like you are more like me, so I would say pick it up at Season 4 Episode 1.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm HMMMMMM HMMMMMM

I want to reply with my honest no holds barred opinion. Of course this is just an opinion and we all have them (some just make more sense than others ;):p;))......

Season 1 - I thought it was a pretty good start to the series

Season 2 - I watched it. Did I love it? Nope. Did I like it? I liked some episodes more than others but I cannot say that I was ever wowed by any one episode

Season 3 - Now THIS season was great! Interesting new characters introduced. I was committed to the entire season and was looking forward to season 4

Then the news broke that Dave Erickson (showrunner for seasons 1-3) would be leaving. That was the beginning of the end IMO

Season 4 - Stupid decisions, new characters who were bland at best. A story line that just dragged on and on. And the worst TV villain in the history of all TV
    villains. I cannot even tell you what the villains name was!! New characters other than the villain - I did not connect with any of them in the way that I connect to new characters on TWD. There is one character in particular whose name it takes me a minute to remember and then two other characters whose names I cannot remember at all. Outside of Morgan there is only one character that I "care" about. And to be honest my commitment to Morgan is waning

Personally I am on the fence about season 5. If not for Dwight's crossover I would not watch. I will watch a few episodes of season 5 to get an idea of how they are handling his character. That will be my gauge that determines if I continue watching.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member

@Lindigo and @Dnae

Thank you so much for your thoughts. (Must have been quite tricky without giving anything away, in case I did decide to watch, and you both did brilliantly.)

For me connecting with the characters is everything. I love-love TWD, even though I don't care at all for the zombie genre. I fell in love with all the characters at hello.

When I watched S1 of Fear, I felt each episode was better than the one before, but still, at the end of the season, I asked myself: do I care about any of these people? And it was a resounding "meh".

So, I've got the gist of the two schools of thoughts here from the two of you.
    I might just have to watch now to find out who I would agree with? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yes! Please do! lol If it feels like homework, play a computer game while you listen, and remember Season 4 is waiting for you. :D

To be fair, I never could wrap my mind around the idea that anyone would willingly chose to attempt to survive in a desert when the whole world was opened up to them. Hit the road before the gas goes bad! I intensely despised the horrible environment as much as I ever hated any villain. :p

• Like Like x 1
  9. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

There are only 2 characters from the first season still on the show so if you didn't care about those from season 1 you might like the new ones better.

• Agree Agree x 1