Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Travis' Feetsies...

Discussion in 'Episode 210 - Do Not Disturb' started by Neuropyramidal, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Will this be a real problem? Or is Chris his bigger problem?

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

God the way Chris is going, he might shoot Travis if his feet slow them down. So for that reason alone, his feet.

3. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Travis needs to plant his foot up Chris' behind and see what kind of problems that causes for Chris. I do think Chris may be feeling a little responsible for it when he watches him walk.

4. GregsGirl

GregsGirl Well-Known Member

I think that this might be an issue for Travis down the road. No pun intended. An infection will require antibiotics and we know a someone that may have access to them..

5. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Chris has been his problem since the start of the show and has been a critical problem since the start of S2. Travis is a weak parent and part of Chris' issue's descend from that(not all of it however)and like a weak enabling parent in a desperate situation - he chose to keep enabling him in going off with him, rather than tending to the rest of his family that is not blatantly mentally ill.

The decision of which will not lead to any kind of positive outcome and has many predictable negative outcomes awaiting him.

Travis abandoning the rest of his family to tend to Chris in a non-effective way is a sort of microcosm of Travis and Chris' backstory. It sounds harsh, but given the circumstances of societal meltdown and walking cannibalistic corpses around every corner - abandoning Chris, who is obviously mentally ill, to stay with his family/group and act as an asset to their protection is what a strong parent would have done.

The question of which is a bigger problem to Travis - Chris or the foot infection - doesn't really need to be analyzed further than chasing after Chris, who was behaving in an extremely threatening disturbing way, is the cause of the foot infection.

A better question is how do we feel about Chris shooting the home owner who shot the member of Brandon's group? They were invading his property, but because the situation became hostile after he entered the barn, what was the other option to ensure exiting unscathed? Many situations in TWD ended up being similar to that - such as the Hermit's Cabin....

That's belied of course by Chris' previous psychotic behavior but it's worth thinking about.

6. Neuropyramidal

Yes, while I definitely think that Chris is going down a dangerous path with his behavior/thinking, I'm not sure that his shooting of Matias [the farmer] is really the point-of-no-return that some people are making it out to be. If we put, say, Rick and a few TWD core characters in the same situation, and a farmer shot Daryl in the leg for breaking a chicken's neck, would Rick then shoot the farmer, in a situation where guns were still being pointed at each other? Season 5/6 Rick would, I think. I think a key difference is that Chris is accepting the idea of killing as being an ambivalent, maybe even good thing, even in situations where there could be better alternatives. When you act on a hair trigger, and then seem to have no moral and emotional response to it afterwards, is when you are in real danger of becoming a 'bad guy', even in a world where the continuum is blurred. Chris didn't even want to consider the fact that it was the farmer's home, and maybe they should leave peacefully. The scene felt like he was ready to kill the farmer to take his stuff, even before James was shot.

7. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Totally. Add that Chris was okay with knowing Brandon's group had killed the restaurant inhabitants to take their stuff and add all of the other backstory bits and it's a mountain of sociopath behaviors being exhibited.

Killing the farmer is not a point of no return and certainly S5-onward Rick would have pulled the trigger in a tense situation(he has repeatedly, it's not even a debate, Rick's body count is close to or already exceeding the Governor's), but the general overall tone is there to suggest that Chris has been beyond the point of return for a minute.

I'd say probably since a few episodes before the mid season break he was over the edge. I think between bad parenting, other hereditary psychological disorders and then all of the weight of the ZA, that kid snapped and lost touch with reality and it's brought out the worst of him.

The point of no return IMO was exhibited in his behavior towards Alicia. Everything he's done since is even less obtuse than that. He was whacked out with Alicia.

8. Neuropyramidal

While I think you'll probably turn out to be right, and that it was Brandon's group who executed the taco restaurant owners, I felt like there was some ambiguity there, as to whether they murdered them, or some previous group did. They were laying right next to each other, suggesting an execution style killing. Yet, they seemed much more hesitant to kill the farmer, and when Chris finally did shoot him, Brandon gave Chris a look of surprise, as if he was thinking " woah, You just shot the guy". That behavior seemed a bit inconsistent with a group who had just execution-style murdered an elderly couple the day before. But I'm guessing that situation will never be elaborated on, and that we are actually meant to believe it was Brandon's group that killed them.

9. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

You're right. Brandon's group didn't show hostile take over like behavior in dealing with the farmer, more or less acted like inexperienced kids who thought they were tough.

But I think they alluded to Chris thinking they did, whether they did or not. He doesn't care either way and mentions to Travis that maybe being bad is being good now when they discussed that Brandon's group was possibly hostile.

So it's the same effect for our little nutcase whether or not they executed the people.

10. Neuropyramidal

It would be an interesting little twist if it turns out they did not execute those owners, and eventually after travelling with Chris for awhile, Brandon's group themselves actually decide Chris is too unstable to hang with, and ditch him.