Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

TWD Has a Bad Taste in Music

Discussion in 'Episode 406 - Live Bait' started by Country, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Country

Country Member

Well, we have seen the governor crawling on the streets with his last strength at the beginning of 406 and at the same time there was this dumb song played which probably had to make the whole scene more tragic and make the audience feel sad for the governor.

In my opinion this song was just horrible and didn't suit the scene at all, to be honest all the soundtracks in S4 were lousy yet. I'm just hoping there're going to be better and more songs, that suit the scenes like in S2 when Shane was staring out the window and ''Wye Oak - Civilian'' was played, it just sounded awesome!

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I like the music lately. I'm fond of the Coke in the Midas Touch song. It's catchy. I can dance to it.

3. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

i love the music in the walking dead, most of it ive never heard of before but it fits perfectly, normally its quite down and sad sounding as it would being isolated in the ZA
    also most of it is quite country and blues orientated which fits in with it being an american show, filmed in america and set in america, plus they showcase newer bands / artists

4. steenkash

steenkash Member

They should employ whoever did the music for breaking bad, because each music suited the occasion.

5. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

I've actually enjoyed the song choices for season 4 so far.

I think my favorite was the Warm Shadows Dactyl remix from Arrow on the Doorpost though, probably the best part of the episode. It was so foreboding, really felt like a calm before the storm and like there was no going back. A shame that the war speech and build up kind of went to waste and didn't occur during the supposed S4 battle.

6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

interpretive dance?
    [​IMG]

7. Tranzit

Tranzit Member

DonĀ“t know if agree, or.. Mr. Conway Twitty an option? :zombies_confused:

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

hey that almost looks like the side of your head there. You travelled all the way to Napoleon's house to get him to do that. I'm impressed.

9. rustybag

rustybag Member

Same here, [MENTION=2322]Country[/MENTION]. My favorite so far was probably s1e6 when they were driving away from the CDC & Bob Dylan's "Tomorrow is a Long Time" was playing:

http://youtu.be/diFH3cDQCXE

10. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Kinda makes me sad we've lost most of that cast now.

11. Tranzit

Tranzit Member

Especially T-Dogg and Merle

12. KillTheGov

KillTheGov Member

I'm lovin the music this season

13. BoneDryFingers

14. Cor

Cor Member

Agree ^ Oats in the Water is a good song (from someone who has no interest in that genre) and it was used greatly.

I have found the music this season to be good

15. shredorama

shredorama Member

I think their music choices are great... that Lucero song during the Gov's walk fit very nicely I thought. And I will second whoever talked about Warm Shadows being the ultimate pick for the parallel scenes between Team Prison/Team Woodbury.

Can't please everyone I guess...

16. PookieSpaghetti

I actually like every single song they put in the show.
    Thanks to The Walking Dead, my music culture has grown and that's a good thing. I'm even surprised to listen some kind of music I'm not used to.

My two favorite would be: The song by Bob Dylan in Season 1, and "Serpents" by Sharon Van Etten in Season 4.

17. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I think the music they pick for the show fits perfectly. Even the stuff I don't listen to in my every day life sounds good in my opinion.

18. Country

Country Member

I've just had the feeling during this season yet that the songs haven't been as good as they were in the other three seasons, maybe it's because they set the bar very high before S4. I've hadn't had this ''omg this song is awesome''-moment in S4 yet, where in S3 I've had it almost every time a song was played.

19. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Only song I would say was really really bad was the one in I ain't a judas

20. rustybag

rustybag Member

For me it's been mostly background music. I don't think any song/ scene combo has moved me to tears yet this season.

Merle especially was amazing!

Last night I watched "The Mist", and though I didn't like the movie that much, I could see how Melissa McBride, Jeffrey DeMunn & Laurie Holden got the parts of Carol, Dale and Andrea. The original cast had me captivated from day 1. Hasn't really happened for me since. I'd love to see some more movies with the actors from the original cast, though.