Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

TWD Rick Grimes Movies Filming Updates Discussion

Discussion in 'TWD Rick Grimes Movies Discussion' started by Neuropyramidal, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Hopefully real soon.

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Hopefully.

Andy sure is getting attention in Aussie land while filming Penguin Bloom. Between set stills and fans being lucky enough to get pics with him the interwebs has been bustling with photos of him

While I am happy for him I do want him to hurry up and finish this movie so that he can put his boots back on and get his Python back from Judith :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Yeah, I hope the first of these films come out soon... and there is a tie in with TWD at some point. Otherwise, TWD as a TV show will be tarnished by the bizarre way "Rick" left the world.

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Since these movies are going to be released into the theaters, and they haven't even begun filming yet we're probably not going to see the first one until 2021.

5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

TWD was tarnished when Carl died. :mad:

AMC should've focused on quality instead of squeezing every cent it can out TWD.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

And that is only if they start filming probably within the next six months. If we get to the end of season 10 and we still have no news about these movies you can probably start moving that back another year......I know people on here don't like my pessimistic attitude about the franchise these days but I truly am starting to think these movies aren't ever going to happen.

7. Stealth

I wasn't happy with how everything went at the end with Gimple, so I quit the show after Rick's departure. Recently after hearing good things about Season 9 I caught up. I was able to watch it with a clean slate and enjoyed it a lot. If I had kept watching at the time I don't think I would've had the same reaction because I was so bitter. So I can relate to what you're saying.

8. Neuropyramidal

I think it will be 2020. I think their goal is for the first movie to air leading up to the premiere of S11. So maybe early fall of 2020. They still have lots of time. A theatrical release of average length takes maybe 6 to 8 weeks to film, depending on the scope of the movie, and is sometimes released as early as a few months after filming ends. If they haven't started filming by spring 2020, then I'll agree that it will probably be winter of 2020 or 2021, but for now I think their plan is sooner than that.

9. Stealth

That's the key point for me though, the scope of the movie. Since they decided to go for a theatrical release I'm thinking they want to wow people a bit with the scale of it instead of just doing a TV movie and putting it in theaters. For a one and done they could do it, but if they're looking to draw an audience back for a trilogy they'll need to provide a little more.

10. Neuropyramidal

True, which might mean more like 10 or 12 weeks of filming. It doesn't push us back years though. It may end up not coming out until 2021 depending on how they decide to time it based on whats going on in the show, but current time constraints don't require that kind of delay, I don't think. I think if it is delayed to 2021 it will be due to a choice of timing. Time will tell. Either way its a pretty exciting ride right now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. lastcat3

It's not about how quickly they can film. THe big concern about this project is that we have heard virtually nothing about it ever since it was announced about a year ago. In this day and age of the internet generally when they are in the process of working on something you tend to hear things about it. As of now though we havn't even heard who is even going to be in these supposed movies. If they were anywhere close to starting the filming process we would have already heard who was going to be in the movies a long time ago. If we don't hear any news within the next couple/few months you can pretty much count 2020 out as a possibility.

And if we go another year without hearing anything well then I think it will then be time to assume these movies aren't going to happen at all. It happens all the time where potential movies get announced and then nothing comes of the project and it wouldn't be surprising at all for this to happen to this announcement given that TWD isn't doing as well as it used to.

#11 lastcat3, Sep 24, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  12. Neuropyramidal

No, remember, this same thing happened with FTWD. We chatted about this not long ago. They announced it, and then we basically heard nothing for many many months, and then fairly suddenly the ball was rolling and then filming started. Its too soon to tell.

13. Neuropyramidal

A bit of movie update came out yesterday, during our discussion ironically. I didn't see it until now. [Its Gimple, so yeah, there's that, but still, its something]. The talk about the Rick movies starts at 4:15 in the interview, if you don't want to watch all of it. He mentions that Kirkman is highly involved in the pre-production of the movie, and claims that the story will be told "soon". He also seems to include the first movie as part of the franchise's "tenth year", and he talks about a connection between the movie and TWD3. Sounds like they might be wrapping up the writing phase. We shall see....

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdea...ck-grimes-movies-spinoff-show-kirkman-gimple/

#13 Neuropyramidal, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  14. lastcat3

Well at NYCC this weekend all they said regarding these movies was that people 'might' here something about them in the next month or two.

15. lastcat3

@Neuropyramidal the ratings for the season 10 premiere were all the way down to 4 million. THese movies aren't going to happen. If they tried to make a Walking Dead movie they would be looking at about a 30-50 million dollar box office return at this point.

These prospective movies are why the ratings still matter for TWD. When the ratings for the show continue to decline like they have it doesn't make it look like a worthwhile investment to spend the type of money they would need to in order to make quality TWD movies.

16. Neuropyramidal

lol, you are dead set against these movies happening. They are going to happen ;)

17. lastcat3

I'm glad you feel that way. Unfortunately though in the movie business when you go long stretches without hearing anykind of news that often means the project is on hold. If things were running along smoothly with these movies we would be hearing news about casting and filming dates. When they announced these movies the ratings were about twice as good as they are now and likely when they started planning these projects out the show was still getting 10-12 million viewers.

18. Neuropyramidal

Aside from the fact that we heard news about the movies recently lol. And we've been told more news will come soon. That's pretty par for the course for movie production. I understand you don't want these movies to happen. But they are happening :)

19. lastcat3

We havn't heard news about the movies. All we have heard is Gimple continuing to say what the movies would potentially be like. He can talk about that kind of stuff all he wants but that doesn't mean the project is officially green lit. Hearing news about casting and filming dates would be significant. Gimple saying what the movies would be like is not. All that tells us is Gimple still has the movies on his mind (which he should since he is in charge of overseeing the entire TWD universe).