Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

TWD Season 11 in North Carolina

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Dnae, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

at least for a little while it seems.

From BNN - Belmont News Network facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/BelmontNewsNetwork/
    BNN - Belmont News Network
    WALKING DEAD TO FILM SEASON 11 SCENES IN GASTONIA

GASTONIA. - AMC's zombie apocalypse juggernaut, The Walking Dead is set to film several scenes in Gastonia during the Spring of 2020.

Producers of the long-running show say that they were drawn to Gastonia by its rundown, post apocalyptic aesthetic, and plethora of convincing, potential extras for the scenes involving walkers.

Walking Dead showrunner, Angela Kang had this to say about her decision to use Gastonia as a season 11 filming location: "Gastonia had everything that we were looking for, the storefronts facing the Franklin Blvd just scream "the world ended ten years ago". We actually noticed several blank eyed people walking around on the streets near a place called Tony’s Ice Cream doing the "Gaston County shuffle". I don't even know how they knew that we were going to be in town scouting filming locations? It was supposed to be a secret".

#1 Dnae, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Downtown Gastonia
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

....and Tony's Ice Cream
    [​IMG]

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Senoia GA to Gastonia NC is 262.5 miles
    [​IMG]

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Haha, when I get a few minutes i will have to look into this. From this article it almost sounds like satire, like its making fun of the town. "the storefronts scream 'the world ended 10 years ago', and the blank eyed people walking around doing the "Gaston County Shuffle"? lol.

6. Neuropyramidal

In my quick 45 second search I'm not seeing this reported independently

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Dont know what to tell ya.

Saw it posted on TSDF

If not true, well then happy november fools day to me I suppose

• Like Like x 1
  8. Neuropyramidal

I think they November fooled you :p. Don't feel bad, its looks like everyone on TSDF and FB is buying it as well lol.

9. Neuropyramidal

They actually have financial incentives to stay in GA. It seems to me that they wouldn't have to take the production out of state to find a town where "the storefronts look like the world ended 10 years ago" haha. Unless this gets confirmed by a reliable source, I call Gastoniagate.

10. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I’m not sure if this is true or not, but do know that NC does give tax breaks to production companies. And a lot of films are made there.

The truth is out there

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

If I have been duped all is good. At least it gave us something to chat about on the forum for a brief moment or two.

Now, I am still on the hunt for a specific Rick walking gif for the "That Walk" thread (episode 1004 thread)

If I cannot find it or am unable to create one from the scene I am thinking of THEN I will feel bad

• Like Like x 1
  12. Neuropyramidal

The blank stare people are in Carbon Hill now, as reported by the Walker County Buzzard...

"WALKING DEAD TO FILM SEASON 11 SCENES IN CARBON HILL

CARBON HILL - AMC's zombie apocalypse juggernaut, The Walking Dead is set to film several scenes in Carbon Hill during the Spring of 2020.

Producers of the long-running show say that they were drawn to Carbon Hill by its rundown, post apocalyptic aesthetic, and plethora of convincing, potential extras for the scenes involving walkers.

Walking Dead showrunner, Angela Kang had this to say about her decision to use Carbon Hill as a season 11 filming location: "Carbon Hill had everything that we were looking for, the storefronts facing the highway just scream "the world ended ten years ago". We actually noticed several blank eyed people walking around on the streets doing the "walker shuffle". I don't even know how they knew that we were going to be in town scouting filming locations? It was supposed to be a secret"."

But it would have been kind of neat if they had moved a bit of filming to N.C. New filming locations to scout next off-season :)