Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

..ugh I hate Gabriel

Discussion in 'Episode 502 - Strangers' started by Firewallcano, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Firewallcano

Firewallcano Member

Hes the only character I literally cant stand, Never liked him in the comics and already hate him in the show. I always found the character stupid and out of place, I hope he dosnt stick around long.

Hes already got bob killed

2. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

TBH I can't remember Gabriel that good, eventhough I rad the comics twice.. did he do something in the comics why we would hate him? Please use spoilertags if you tell.

3. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I dislike him as well. Cowards are useless.

4. SurvivorXII

SurvivorXII Member

5. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I detest comic Gabriel. Already disliking TV Gabriel.

6. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Lets swap out Gabriel priest, for Gabrielle from Xena...

[​IMG]

You know she could knock out some Walkers darn good!

7. Lxwad

Lxwad Member

I like his character. I'm not sure how useful he will be though, being that he is a coward. But I'm curious where they'll take his character.

8. Survivor

Survivor Member

I think his acting was great, some of the mimic and body talk couldnt be done better from his side. Like it !

9. Faelan Dixon

Faelan Dixon Member

But get Xena too ;)

10. Firewallcano

Firewallcano Member

Actor is fine and very good just cant stand the character at all, Hope they have a nice twist and he just dies

11. Kernunnos

Kernunnos Member

He needs to buck his ideas up, that's for sure.

I'm interested to see where they take the character, although I suppose a good old fashioned coward was needed for balance.

I'll also be interested what he's done to survive this far that is different to the comic version. I'm sure he must have done a lot more than that to still be alive in such a dog eat dog, brutal world.

12. Sco

Sco Member

Bob was going to get eaten anyways, get out of denial already. I actually like TV Gabriel more so far... So, to each their own.

FYI:
    His character is supposed to be a coward and probably always will be.

13. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

While I doubt either Gabriel will be making it into my list of favorite characters, I certainly don't hate him. I'd say he seems at least a bit less annoying than his comic counterpart.

14. Old Snake

Old Snake Active Member

I think he was acted really well, and its interesting to see someone less hardened to the work, which could be a good tool for writers.

If you think about it though, he admitted it himself, he was never meant to survive this long, and as such has never had the chance to grow into the new world unlike some other formally weaker characters (Beth, Carol even Herschel to an extent)

15. TWDeadHead87

TWDeadHead87 Member

Not really liking him much either so far, until he proves himself worthy and is some use to the group...really? 2 years in the ZA and you can't kill a walker?? get your act together.

16. Franklin

Franklin Member

If you hate a character, then at least state facts against the him. Gabriel did NOT get Bob killed or eaten. Do not blame Gabriel for the hunter's actions and choices.

I really like this character. It makes sense for him to be a coward because he does not have any experience fighting walkers and his religion speaks about the End of Times in a similar fashion about the dead rising again.

17. Sixchr

Sixchr Member

I couldn't stand Gabriel in the comics and he's already going right up my tail pipe in the tv show. It's like Eugene; I couldn't stand him in the comics but the actor nailed the role. Josh McDermott actually made me like Eugene's character a lot because of his acting but there's just no way it happens with Gabriel. If I could kill any character on the show right now it would be Gabriel.

18. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Gabriel, with all of this time to pray, reflect and repent- after 2+ yrs! certainly looks well. Yes, he is scared and sweating profusely (loosen the collar maybe?), he doesn't seem malnourished or uncomfortable. Seems like he has been keeping busy...keeping up his appearance, the appearance of the physical church, while neglecting his moral upkeep.

19. gasmasquerade

gasmasquerade New Member

Came here to say this.

20. Firewallcano

Firewallcano Member

Im meaning the fact that bob almost certainly got bit by that walker that pulled him under, they were all fine behind those shelves until idiot ran off. That wasnt cowardice that was just weird stupidity, the group were between him and them. I know he has nothing to do with Terminus

I dont hate him purely because hes a coward (I actually like charcater like that most of the time), I just find his entire attitude annoying, along with the premise he survived for two years, especially since he left his church