Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Unfaithful Lori + Cold Storage

Discussion in 'Episode 101 - Days Gone Bye' started by loco, Feb 3, 2013.

1. loco

loco Member

As I'm watching this first episode once again and after watching all the Episodes I've put together a few pieces of the story of what may have happened with Lori and when she became unfaithful to Rick.

In the conversation Rick and Shane had he mentioned his marriage was on the rocks. The look Shane gave him was a face of already knowing / getting the idea of going after Lori.

Of course Rick going into a coma gave ample time for Shane and Lori to grow close.

In this episode you can see that the mail box of the Grimes residence is overflowing when Rick walks out of the house. This is a huge clue that Lori and Carl wasn't living at the house before the ZA. Perhaps with Shane because Lori figured Rick wasn't going to be the same and she had to move on and she wasn't dedicated to the marriage anyway based on Ricks story.

Lori and Carl was moving out of their home when the ZA hit and this is why their family photos were in the Webisodes of Cold Storage. That was Lori's storage room. This is why Rick thinks in this 1st episode that Lori took the photo albums as a reaction to the ZA. It was very COLD for Lori to do what she did. Very COLD!

2. page

page Well-Known Member

Excellent post. I was perplexed about the photos in storage. I don't know that these are the reasons that you mentioned but that would make sense. I wondered if Shane ( I'm not saying shane and lori were necessarily screwing) was pulling moves by being a very good and supportive "friend" and was offering advice like, "we all hope rick lives but we have to plan for the worst case scenario"

3. loco

loco Member

"Supportive" friend is right. Shane took advantage of that I think.

4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I honestly think you're reading to much into it.

Rick and Lori were having maritial problems, but they were still living together. Rick said they argued before Carl left for school. When Rick reached his house, he went room to room shooting for Lori and Carl.

While Lori waited to pick Carl up from school, she admitted to a friend that she still loved Rick, but couldn't explain why they were fighting. It's not like she was asking for a good divorce lawyer.

Rick was in a coma when the walker outbreak began. With her husband in a coma, and stories of the undead appearing on the news, checking the mail would be the least of Lori's concerns.

In regards to Shane, I doubt he ever made a move on Lori. But when he had to protect Lori and Carl from the walkers, and she wanted to be comforted, everything changed.

I don't pay attention to the webisodes. One surivor finding the Grimes' photographs in a storage unit just means his story coincides with Rick's story. They'll probably have a survivor eating rotten pizza from Glenn's abandoned delivery car in the next one. :zombies_lol:

#4 Rapscallion, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  5. page

page Well-Known Member

The storage coincides with the show but it does raise questions. If you're running from zombies, are you going to make a pit stop at a storage place to rent a locker? To me it implies that something weird happened after Rick went to the hospital but before the outbreak.

6. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

Excellent post, as mentioned.

7. theNextmrsGrimes

theNextmrsGrimes Active Member

I think that at some level Lori still did love Rick - maybe it was familiarity, sense of obligation to raise Carl together, maybe she thought she couldn't find another man, whatever...

She wore Rick's wedding ring, and was kind enough to take it off and throw it in the grass before she continued to bang Shane, etc...

IMO, family pictures are worth more than anything else - you can replace furniture, decorations, but you can't recapture memories, baby pictures, and so on.

Maybe Lori thought that a storage facility would be the safest place to put the albums, since she left the door to her home unlocked and wide open.

8. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Just my belief, but the survivors finding the Greene family photographs is just an easter egg to tell us their story coincides with Rick.

Lori did take a few photographs along when she, Carl and Shane fled to Atlanta.

Shane said he barely got them out in time. No doubt after barricading Rick's hospital room, Shane sped to the Grimes house. There was only a few minutes for Lori to pack a few clothes and photographs. That's why the door was left open.

Lori loved Rick, but she was unhappy with her life...that's how I see it.

#8 Rapscallion, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  9. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

In season 2, (don't know which episode for sure,) Shane told Rick that before Rick came into a coma and the ZA happened, he never saw Lori as someone he would like to go after,. So I don't think the look he had on his face is a face like 'screw you man I'm going to **** your wife.' On that moment Shane felt sorry for Rick I guess.

10. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

Maybe she didn't realise that the whole world was gone. Everybody moved to Atlanta to find Shelter so I guess she thought that there will be a cure some day so they could go back in safety. And they wanted to secure the photo albums and other stuff till they got back?

11. misspink789

misspink789 Member

wow great insight! i never noticed that the mail was overflowed! that wouldnt make sense that she was there the whole time and then they take off after the ZA BUT the mail man kept running, i guess through rain sleet snow or ZA the mail always come LMAO!...anyway i too also thought that shane had a thing for lori, that little story about his gf and turning the lights off and on was just a lead in to get to the real story and that was what was going on w rick and lori. shane was being real shady right there. AND is that bizzy bone as your avatar? awesome! :)

12. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

Nothing cold about it. What shane and lori had was hot. Can you imagine how lame rick must have been?

13. Deidre

Deidre Member

Fighting or not, zombie apocalypse or not...you don't sleep with your friend's wife, you don't sleep with your husband's best friend. And then, when your husband returns to you (because you realize that he didn't die), don't treat the guy you just slept with, like a deranged stalker. She was cruel to Shane, making it look like it was all his doing, and she was a victim. Maybe it was her guilt, but those scenes were sad to watch. That plot irked me, although it created an interesting tension in the plot.