Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

USB ports all stopped working on desktop pc

Discussion in 'Creative Art' started by Hedwig, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Ok I need computer help! I recently inherited a mini HP desktop computer, and have mostly just been using it for YouTube, Netflix and the like. Today, not one, but all 4 USB ports just stopped working. This is extremely aggravating because I cannot plug my mouse or keyboard in at all, so how am I supposed to fix anything? All the advice online is like, "just go ahead and reinstall this, click on this, or open that..." But I HAVE NO MOUSE OR KEYBOARD! How the eff do I even do anything??? I am very frustrated and about 2 seconds away from throwing it out the window.
    I was running Windows 8 and I think windows forced me to update to 10 recently, or was trying too, so I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it? Also unplugging and shutting on and off does nothing.
    Please help me before I punch a hole in my monitor. Thanks!

2. mrwicked

mrwicked Member

Did it come with a restore disc? Sounds like windows 10 messed up the drivers. I just fixed my bro in law's laptop from not having a DVD rom access after windows 10 upgrade. Anyways, if you have the disc, you can try restoring it back to Windows 8. If you don't have it, might have to borrow one from someone or try to get one, otherwise not sure you can do much. Is the PC on and displaying home screen? If so you could remote into it from another PC.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

3. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Hello, and thanks for the response!
    No there's no disc and it doesn't even have a CD rom either, it's just a super tiny thing, like 2"x5"x5" but there is a home screen, although I'm not sure how to remote to it from my lap top.

4. mrwicked

mrwicked Member

Might be able to look on your network and see what ip addresses are connected. Then you can pull up remote desktop connection from your laptop and enter IP address and username and password. Now this will only work if that desktop has remote connection on.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I will give that a try! Thank you!

6. AdamPH1974

AdamPH1974 Member

That to me sounds like a motherboard issue, did you recently jimmy something loose?