Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Varied environments

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by sparkblade14, May 4, 2014.

1. sparkblade14

sparkblade14 Member

Do you guys think we'll see different environments like snowy areas? From all the screenshots and the live stream I've seen so far, all the scenery I've seen is very much like DayZ, where it's mostly brown with a couple of vegetation. I hope that with H1Z1's size, we see more varied environments that'll force us to use different tools to help us survive. Obviously they'll be a day/night cycle, but I hope there's also dynamic weather as well.

2. seanbisepic

seanbisepic New Member

Well I definitely hope there's going to be varied environments. It would really detract from the fact they said it's an open WORLD and not just a map. If it's not implemented, they're definitely holding back the power of the Planetside 2 engine.

3. Bor

Bor Super Moderator

I can shiver already. I haven't seen any different weather through the gameplay, but it would defiantly hit some spots on certain people. Makes the game more interesting.

4. Andrei

Andrei New Member

I really want to see the transition between a field, a hill and a mountain, for example. DayZ did it right and I would be glad to see different environments for different locations (as long as the game is big enough :D).

5. sparkblade14

sparkblade14 Member

Well it's certain the game will be big enough. I actually just looked it up and it seems like SOE has confirmed there will be different environments and weather effects. They're also considering adding in natural disasters like earthquakes later on. That seems like a really cool idea.

6. Abacabb

Abacabb Member

I know we get to see rain. Which is more than we have ever seen in a Zombie Survival MMO so far so I am cool with it. :)

Not much stopping them from doing snow.

7. Erkk

Erkk New Member

Since H1Z1 is based on the Planetside 2 engine, they certainly have a lot of map real-estate to play around in. I wouldn't be surprised if there a few different biomes.
    ARMA has a pretty good map size to begin with though so I'd also bet that the map here isn't going to be dramatically bigger... Though PS2 does have those continent shards. I wonder if they'll drag those over, make completely different regions that way.

8. jhigh

jhigh New Member

If anyone ever played MineZ for Minecraft, that was a lot of fun. I'm hoping they make the terrain similar to that, with varied biomes such as icy areas and volcanoes. There's a lot of potential seeing as though this is going to be an open world game.

9. StOBeR

StOBeR New Member

I would love to see dynamic weather conditions, esp snow and thunder storms.

10. sparkblade14

sparkblade14 Member

I hope the weather isn't out of the blue though. Like at first it gets cloudy, then you have thunder/lightning, then the rain comes. I think that'd make for a much more terrifying and immersive atmostphere. When it rains it games a lot of the time it just randomly rains when it was sunny an hour ago.

11. LindaKay

LindaKay New Member

I'm hoping that there are lots of different environments. I want to see all sorts of crazy stuff with the zombies. I hope I'm not disappointed.

12. ManofOneWay

ManofOneWay New Member

I really hope that they will add different season, it would make the game much more realistic and fun to play. Snow, heavy rain, wind, thunders, ice and eveything. Just day and night can get boring after a while. I didn't see any different seasons so far but hopefully they will be added in the future.