Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Very far fetched filled episode

Discussion in 'Episode 610 - The Next World' started by Duce000, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I always liked the idea of this being the focus of the webisodes. Show a zombie the group comes across backstory. They did it in the 1st one I think with the walker Rick shoots in the park in season 1. But they could've done it with a few others I thought that were walkers that stood out. Maybe like the walker that got dale. Or the walker that Maggie found in the trunk last season. Season 4 could've been the one in the place where Rick n Carl went after the prison. Can't remember the name of it. This season could've been the tractor ones. I think it would be interesting especially when u see them in the regular show

2. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

You didn't bring the popcorn, did you.

I can see how that would have enhanced the popcorn.

3. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. One of the best webisodes was the one where we see what happened to that crawling zombie that Rick comes across in S1. Not sure why there haven't been more of them, but I would totally be on board for that! I almost forgot about the girl in the trunk. That really was a mystery with no explanation. I'm sure they could have come up with some sweet backstory for it. Missed opportunity indeed.

4. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

Mission accomplished! It's also somewhat ironic 'Jesus' is not a Savior in TWD.

5. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

We will have to wait and see but I can easily imagine you needing to eat these words later…….and then not eating them.

6. TWDBostonGal

TWDBostonGal Member

I agree too. Rick...your kids are hungry. Stupid move.

7. darkrosenberg

darkrosenberg Member

That's a good point and I agree. Not knowing why there were walkers tied to a tractor is one thing and I'm willing to overlook so many things to allow myself to enjoy the show as a whole but lately I feel like the writers are just taking too many things for granted, especially with character behavior. This season has had me rolling my eyes one too many times. Believe me I'm total escapist-my favorite shows usually involve a lot suspension of disbelief but that whole scene just a mess plus some other scenes too numerous to go over. It's not that part (zombies tied up) it's the sum of the parts. I'm still enjoying myself but I'm started to see this as less credible story telling. Maybe the writers aren't being "lazy" but I think it's easy to rest on your laurels when you've as much success as TWD has had. Knowing where the walkers came from is not going to progress the story but setting up situations that only exist to serve the progression of the story will weaken it's overall value as a story. I see some of the happenings on TWD as a deus ex machina like phenomenon. If you use it too much, the story feels contrived.

And I don't get to watch Talking Dead, no cable. I miss that nerdy show!

8. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

Another far fetched part of the episode is the fact that Deanna was still intact. She shot a few walkers and then ran out of ammo. We're supposed to believe that she killed them all and then was able to die without being eaten? She didn't seal herself in a room because she had to have wandered off on her own if she won.

9. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

Agreed. It would have been much more logical and powerful if they showed her walking around with her stomach ripped open. She didn't have a single bite on her except for her original leg injury. The only plausible explanation is that she did close the door to that room at the last second and stayed in the room until she turned. After she turned she got out somehow and wandered away with the handful of walkers that didn't get put down. Or.... maybe someone found her as a walker and led her out because they couldn't stomach putting her down. Either way it changes how Deanna faced death. That scream she made at the end of the episode was awesome cause she decided not to commit suicide and to just let the walkers eat her alive in defiance. Now there is the argument that she chickened out and closed the door and probably regretted not saving herself a bullet.

10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Maybe she is just so tiny that the Walkers didn't notice her anymore?

11. walker_slayer

walker_slayer New Member

Maybe Deanna was so far infected that the walkers thought she was one of them? Or she died at the exact moment they entered the room...

As for the truck, I assumed that they were heading home but using a slightly different route to check if there was anything else worth scavenging along the way. So when they saw the upturned vendor they decided that they might as well check it out. It's not like they could have just wasted fuel to drive back another time to find it empty and useless.