Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Walker outside Carol's car

Discussion in 'Episode 506 - Consumed' started by Ania, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Ania

Ania Member

After Carol was banished by Rick, we see in the flashback that there was a walker outside her car. I found it interesting that it was basically trying to knock out the window of her car by flailing his one arm at it repeatedly. Are the walkers getting smarter and learning how to reach their food?

2. FISH

FISH Member

Weve seen that sort of thing plenty of times, in S01E02 there was one bashing at the department store window with a rock trying to break the window.

3. Ania

Ania Member

Yes, but since then, I don't remember them doing that kind of stuff. Like when they walk into a fence, they never put their arms out or anything...they just keep walking into it, and eventually, if there are enough of them, the fence gives.

4. Jato

Jato Member

It may just be that the other arm wasn't working (Like hanging by just a bit of muscle or something). I'll have to rewatch the episode but I'm pretty sure the other arm wasn't moving.
    I'm pretty sure the walkers have been 'grabbing' things. Not necessarily picking things up but clawing at prey to come closer to their mouths... if that makes any sense.

5. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

I think we've seen them do this many times before, kind of banging at windows, doors, etc. with their arms/bodies like the one's in the school window with Gareth, or the two at the abuse shelter glass door as an example.

6. Wombat

Wombat Member

This walker did look like it had a dislocated arm.... Which swung out when he threw his body forward.

Carol told him where to go... How she has changed. No longer timid, but a Rambo that screams in the face of walkers :)

7. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

It kinda made me laugh the way Carol yelled at the Walker....it was like she was yelling at a pain in the ass kid..

8. Busted Flipflop

Sometimes I have to make up my own explanations to these kinds of inconsistencies. The older the walker (in that, the longer they've been one) the less agility and strength. The newer the walker (in that, the shorter they've been one), the more strength they have. This is not official, just my own interpretation.

9. Old Snake

Old Snake Active Member

This is a logical explanation I've seen thrown about a bit now. Makes complete sense when you think as a walker decomposes so does its muscle tissue.

They also starve I think so ironically ones that haven't eaten in a bit are less likely to be able to chase someone.

10. Lt. Col. Cookie

I'm glad there's someone who shares the same theory as me. :D It's the only way I could find it possible that some are stronger or smarter. Either way, in season one they were ridiculously smart, remember when they climbed the fence when they were chasing Glenn and Rick??

11. Dreamer14

Dreamer14 Member

Yeah there was a pretty big change in the walkers behavior from S1 compared to now. I like them better as they are now being dumbed down a bit.

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Those were Darabont's walkers. Since Darabont was fired, the walkers have done no such thing. This walker was just randomly banging its arm, like a bee bounces against the glass in a jar, trying to get out.

13. Ed Dim

Ed Dim Member

I just happened to come across a re-run of 18 Miles Out and noticed a couple of things in the five minutes that I watched it. One, Rick is aging fast. Two, the walkers back then were WAY faster and more vigorous than the shuffling rags we have now. It would make sense that back then they were "fresher" and probably a lot better fed. I would think there's not much left for them to eat at this point - flesh sources are few and far between. They've got to be disintegrating - their heads seem to be about the consistency of ripe melons the past couple of seasons. You could pretty much just use your fist to kill them now.

14. Neuropyramidal

yeah, the idea that Eugene could slice a walkers skull in half with a fire hose is a bit ridiculous. Even for an 18 month old corpse. This is one thing that the show does not do well.... the proper handling of walker bones, and how their resilience might portray itself.

15. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

Their are so many problems with the last 3 episodes that I only watch it now hoping for it to improve. I don't like bottle episodes and I want to see MORE RICK GRIMES AND MICHONNE,my 2 favorite characters on TWD. I'm really not thrilled with this new cast of cartoon characters that have been introduced. I must admit that Sasha is what I was hoping Andrea would have turned out to be, I'm really starting to like her but her brother Tyreese is nothing but a disappointment to me since he entered the show. Hopefully his character will quickly improve, if not get rid of him and let someone else with some balls step up to the plate. This is a show about survival and the strong not about the weak and mercyfull.

16. Neuropyramidal

I don't think i'd say that. It's a show about survival, yes, but just a show about the strong? Its a show about character flaws, weakness, and strength. Its a show about evolution. Definitely not a show about just the 'strong'.

17. The Wolf

Well if your not strong, your not going to be around long in a real zombie apocalypse, for instance look at what a weak Eugene had to do to survive. Create an entire bullsh!t story that got many innocent people killed just to keep his fat weak ass alive. I wouldn't want someone around my group like that unless they were capable of having "my back" in the Z.A. If you can't handle yourself your putting eveyone in the group at risk of death. There's no room for the weak in the Z.A. Isn't that what Abraham explained to Glenn in the "Self Help" episode?

18. Neuropyramidal

Way to contradict yourself. The exact reason that Eugene is alive is because he was strong on the mind. There are many different types of strengths. Each person uses the tools at their own disposal.

19. The Wolf

Well I don't consider someone "strong" that gets other people killed to save his own ass worthy to be in any group, you can have the brilliant Eugene in your band of intellectuals. Just don't run into The Wolf Pack in the Z.A. because you'll lose against the strong and ruthless.

20. InMyBlood

InMyBlood Member

I like smarter zombies. Not asking for them all to be smart but it would be nice if the threat that they may be smart existed. They could add a few smarties to the mix. It wouldn't upset the balance since we all agree there are some like that.