Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Was anyone else...?

Discussion in 'Episode 212 - Better Angels' started by slw2082, Mar 12, 2012.

1. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

Was anyone else like WTF when Carl pointed the gun at Rick before Shane re-animated? Was he going to shoot Rick for killing Shane??

2. KPandoraStar

KPandoraStar Member

That child is so stupid, I don't question anything he does anymore. I just chalk it up to neglect and idiocy.

3. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I guess I interpreted it that he was pointing the gun at Shane the whole time, (he stood up pretty quickly) and Rick's guilt at killing his friend made him think Carl pointed it at him. If he was really pointing that gun at his father, I have to wonder what the hell? Are they really trying to make this kid this unlikeable?

4. slw2082

Well Felicia that is the only other thing I could think of, that Carl just raised the gun to early. I watched it twice to be sure but he definately had the gun raised before Shane rose.

5. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

That is just ridonkulous! It's like they are REALLY trying to make him unlikeable as an idiot kid. It just makes me kind of nuts. I want to try to like him a little just to be contrary...but its hard!

6. slw2082

I just watched the bonus segment of talking dead and it was the last question asked! The guy from Chuck answered that Maybe Shane tainted Carl and got in his head just enough!! Interesting~

7. Peanut Q. Public

i think Carl was expecting it. but i love Carl.

8. slw2082

I had no issues with Carl up until the last couple of episodes, and now I still want to like him but am practically pulling my hair out. And I no the hat is a big deal to all the comic readers but omg it looks terrible on this kid!

9. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

In general, male child actors are shit. In fact I can't think of a good one.

Even considering that, this kid is terrible.

10. Peanut Q. Public

i love the hat. it gives me hope that Carl will be as cool in the show as he is in the comic. he's really super badass in the comic.

11. slw2082

I am glad someone like it Peanut, it makes me want to slap it off of his head.

12. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

I don't know... If I was living in a world of shit and I just saw my dad kill Shane without hearing the dialog, I might draw down on my dad. /shrug

13. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I felt that he saw Shane twitching and that prompted him to raise his gun.

14. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

True, but Shane would have been moving around on the ground a little before he got up. Remember when Amy reanimated, she sort of flailed around a little before moving in to try to feed on Andrea. Carl might have raised the gun as soon as he saw Shane move.

15. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

LOL. Zambi, jinx I owe you a Coke.

16. turbo6

turbo6 Member

Like mentioned, I would imagine Shane started moving ever so slightly before he fully reanimated. I doubt walkers simply "get up" in most cases, seems more plausible they twitch a bit before rising up and even getting on their feet. I doubt Carl had any sort of premonition that Shane was going to come back as a walker...maybe a slight inclination that his dad didn't fully finish Shane off and wanted to be safe, thus keeping an aim on him.

Though, it will be interesting to see how this plays out with the notion that Jenner possibly told Rick people reanimate regardless of how they die....Was Rick too overcome by emotion? Did he not believe him? Or was it something totally different?

17. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

hehe... none of us wants to believe he was actually contemplating shooting his dad! I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and think of him as a really stupid kid. He's been so irritating lately, but he's also been kind of creepy wanting to watch his dad kill Randall, so a part of me is second guessing that whole scene. Maybe he did hold that gun on his dad all upset that Shane was dead. I am not all that certain he actually saw Rick kill him though. I was thinking he walked up on him after the fact, because rick seemed to wallow around there for a while in grief in the field for a while.

18. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I just want to know how the kid manages to materialize in places where he doesn't belong for cinematic effect. I mean in last week's episode he pops up about 3-4 times when his parents order him to stay somewhere. Shouldn't he be grounded? Then he materializes just in time to shoot Shane. I was blown away by the corny annoyingness of it all.

19. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Ya really. If Carl ever becomes a zombie, he really will be a ninja

20. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

Shane was already twitching before he re-animated. I definitely took it as Carl walked up on the scene and as his dad turned to look at him, Shane was also moving a little. I can see how everyone would be a little annoyed at Carl and he does some very stupid shit. A) his guidance has been less than desirable, along with crap discipline and B) think of yourself at 12 and put that kid in his situation. To me it is unfathomable what it would be like let alone just being a 12 year old in general. Yes, I am cutting Carl A LOT of slack, but I have a 12 year old myself and when she does some of the crap she pulls, I wonder WTF!??!?!?! He shows a tad too much bravado though and for sure doesn't listen as well as he should, he even might be showing a little Shane stupidity as well.....we will just have to wait, I think after the finale, everyone will improve, unless they die!! (LOL)