Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Was Glenn imitating Shane during his "leadership?"

Discussion in 'Episode 310 - Home' started by Walkers Ate Me, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Walkers Ate Me

It certainly seemed so. Like Shane, Glenn was driven by anger, recklessness and emotion. Also like Shane, he didn't think about the long term consequences of his decisions. I like the scenes where Glenn "took charge" because it's a glimpse of what it'd be like if he ran things.

But his decisions to invade Woodbury with just him and Michonne, and clear the tombs by himself (which left everyone else to get attacked by the Governor) were just plain bad.

Another reason why I say that maybe Glenn's "leadership" was inspired by Shane is because Glenn has taken bits and pieces of people he was close to at one time or another. Dale, Hershel, Andrea, Tyreese, and Rick have inspired Glenn in multiple ways, and I don't see why Glenn wouldn't learn things from Shane, too. I honestly think that when Glenn briefly took leadership, he was taking a page out of Shane's playbook, similar to Shane's "Barnageddon" moment when he executed the walkers with no thought of the consequences.

Thoughts?

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I don't think Glenn was imitating Shane's leadership style. I think Glenn had some good ideas such as fortifying the prison, and placing guns and ammo at strategic places, but he was too obsessed with getting revenge on the Governor for what "he did" to Maggie (not that what the Governor actually did wasn't sleazy and degrading).

Glenn wanted to sneak back into Woodbury with Michonne, and kill the Governor, but I think the Governor would've been prepared for that. I think when Andrea went back to see her former group, he expected they'd tell her to kill him at an opportune moment, but the Governor knew Andrea well enough to know she'd never go through with it.