Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"We got ours" question

Discussion in 'Episode 512 - Remember' started by Al Davis is back, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Al Davis is back

I did not understand when Mr ROTC says "we got ours" and the other guys makes a smirk like there is an inside joke there. Odd in that they were being consoled for the loss of new but good people. Is this foreshadowing from the comics?

I was also interested when Rick tells Daryl not now to choking out Mr ROTC's buddy. Then the "we will just take the place" comment at the end.

2. Sildee

Sildee Member

No clue. I've read them all but I can't find anything it references to.
    Coming into a place and killing someone right away would probably get you kicked out.

3. J K

J K Member

I took "we got ours" as they got their revenge by killing the walkers that killed their friends and chaining up that one. He was just trying to sound like a bad ass in front Glenn and co.

4. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I think, "we got ours" meant that Mr.ROTC and friend killed the walkers in the group that were coming after them (out of the group that was attacking the whole scouting party) while the 4 victims were not able to "kill theirs" and so were killed by the walkers. (that's why the friend laughed) The fact that ROTC still had a live walker to play with proves he didn't do a thing to help the other 4 members of his scouting party group.

5. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

This. I guess it's good to know up-front he doesn't have your back. Also, from Aidan's being overly impressed with killing "a walker", I suspect they're not accustomed to having to take on large groups. So, it's very possible they just watched their "friends" get killed as if it were a game.

6. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Those guys were idiots and are in trouble. They are obviously not equipped to deal with life beyond the walls. I liked how Glen, Tara and Noah smirked at the weapons they gave them.

7. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

We got ours has to be we got revenge on this walker, the walker that doesn't consciously feel pain or know about being captured. I am still wondering what they were doing to the wlaker to pre game for missions outside the walls. We got ours almost makes it sound dirty.

8. Elly F.

Elly F. Member

These guys are complete knuckleheads! Theyre so afraid of walkers they push em off eachother yet think its cool to string em up like "that'll teach em to mess with Alexandria!" and then they got all upset and tough when Glenn put it down.... idiots! Wait till they catch a glimpse of any kind of herd, they'll change a tune.

9. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

They just seemed like they wanted to posture a lot. Try to look cool and tough. Give the illusion of authority and expertise.

I don't think they let their friends die. I think they really do think they are doing a good job. But they really have no idea because they lack experience.

10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm almost a tad disappointed with what they did with Nicholas' character. In the comics he initially plotted against Rick, but underneath it he was actually a humble, reasonable, somewhat intelligent guy. The TV version of Nicholas seems stupid beyond redemption.

11. FutureApocalyps

I feel another altercation is coming between those idiots and the group.

12. Elly F.

Elly F. Member

Disappointed is a good word. hes nothing more than a lackey.

#12 Elly F., Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

In the comics Nicholas was the guy who got mad at Carl/Rick as soon as they arrived at the safe zone, because Carl pushed his son Mikey. Later, he tried to get a few other people, including Olivia, to stand up against Rick's group's leadership, but he backed down quickly after an altercation. Then he apologized to Rick and told him he wanted to be a productive member of the community. He said he had been a failure before the ZA, and now wanted to make himself useful.

14. Elly F.

Elly F. Member

Shoot! Thats right. Guess i got some homework tonight.... im the dissapointment.. lol

15. Omg!Pudding!

Omg!Pudding! Member

skipped thread just to say Awesome Avatar.

16. DaveCortez

DaveCortez New Member

That was funny. It got me thinking though, how much more useful is a rifle over a pistol? Firing either will bring in zombies from kilometres around. Firing long distances is unlikely to happen close to Alexandria, since it's wooded. A rifle is heavier and bulkier, but if you encountered a horde or people wearing armor it could save your life. It's insurance, in other words.