Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

weapons NOT used on the show

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by gavuk, Feb 25, 2014.

1. gavuk

gavuk Member

This has been bugging me for a while.

Since the rifle was invented (about 1400 or so but i'm no gun guru) they have been using bayonets as a natural addition to (initially) single shot fire power and yet no-one (or very rarely) it appears is this logic used in the ZA.

Most characters that carry a long (ish) weapon could stick a bayonet on the end for the innetivable close up skirmish. It doesn't even need to be a bayonet any knife or even metal rod can be utilised and fashioned in some way to fix against the barrel.

We see lots of scenes of stabbing walkers with knifes and when they were at the prison they would take out walkers at the fences with metal spears,etc

NB Merle in bayonet terms was a legend, he used the bayonet without the gun!

2. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

If we were to apply logic in combat situations, everybody would be some sort of body armor - especially greaves, gloves, shinguards, etc for close quarters melee fighters.

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I like that bayonet idea.

4. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

Not to mention some sort of face guard to prevent walker bits from getting in your eyes and mouth...

5. Charlie

Charlie Member

Bayonets reduce the accuracy of rifles by quite a bit. That matters greatly when you have to hit the head.

6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

In a world, where bullets are becoming scarce. We can't have "missed shots". Lol
    I still like the bayonet. My 2 Great Grandfather used one in the Civil War. ( I won't mention, he was shot 6 different times though).

7. lewh

lewh Member

Yeah this bugs me that they all haven't switched to melee weapons yet or haven't really thought much about how valuable ammo really is. I love the bayonet idea, then the survivor could fire a shot as a last resort and doesn't need to switch weapons if they have a melee weapon in hand.

8. TheGreatOnion

TheGreatOnion Well-Known Member

I'd like to see somebody use a heavy chain with a big pad lock or something on the end anything that could be hooked on the end of the chain and take a chunk out of walker head when swung.

9. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Member

As long as they don't start using chainsaws.

I can't believe how popular chainsaws are in the zombie genre. The writers must never have used one. Even when you're using one under nominal conditions on the substance they're designed for (i.e. wood), they bind, choke and have other issues you wouldn't want to deal with while facing the hungry dead.

Not to mention the bits in face problem.

No, if you had a chainsaw you wouldn't puree your way through the horde. You'd maybe kill one, get bound up on another then end up swamped by the rest of them. Vroom, vroom, bite, bite, bite. Not good.

Bayonets seem like a good idea, but as Charlie points out, any negative modifier to accuracy greatly reduces your chances of a successful head shot (mod plot requirements).

10. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

FNp-90
    [​IMG]
    FN Scar
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kitten Corner Shot
    [​IMG]
    AA 12 shot gun
    [​IMG]
    And lastly, a Buzzsaw-blade crossbow
    [​IMG]

11. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

13. Taeyeon'sBF

[MENTION=8303]Tony Davis[/MENTION] pleez put Rosita, Tara and Maggie in these. Kthanxbai.

14. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

Why does nobody use the ultimate weapon?
    [​IMG]

I'm referring to Bruce Lee in general but I would prefer him with Nunchucks.

15. Taeyeon'sBF

[MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION] why has no one thought of this as the ultimate weapon?!
    [​IMG]
    Send in Nick Cage and a fist wrapped in BEES! And we would be forever safe....

16. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

Cage over Bruce? No, my friend. Not even Raising Arizona Cage is better suited then Bruce.

#16 SFA, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  17. Ricktatorship80

They should attach chainsaws to pogo sticks, & just bounce head to head of the walkers. And stuff.

Btw, there would be no walker combat if my man Nick Cage was around. He would scare the walkers away when he got in one of his moods. lol

18. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

19. Taeyeon'sBF

Bruce for Negan..... [MENTION=4472]Tyler[/MENTION] AKA Gimple PLEASE make this happen.

20. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Negan walks up to one of his concubines and says... "Gimme some sugar baby."