Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Weapons Used on the Show

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Casca910, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

So far the only weapon that hasn't been in the main series thread is
    [​IMG]
    A Browning B525 over/under 12 gauge shotgun.
    A minus was the generic racking the slide sound in the show (this is a over/under double barrel shotgun, it has no slide to rack), a plus is that it showed
    [​IMG]
    This is a realistic depiction of a close up birdshot wound. Birdshot rarely stops people but makes a VERY nasty shallow wound. Before anyone asks, yes, I have seen close up 12 gauge birdshot wounds (but not to the face).

2. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Also we have seen a S&W 539, it's the pistol Nick accidentally kills Calvin with
    [​IMG]

3. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

as well as the standard Beretta 92FS as police sidearms and as a stand in for the M9
    [​IMG]

M4's also carried by police and the National Guard
    [​IMG]
    And a Browning M2 mounted on a Humvee
    [​IMG]

4. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

Very cool info. Thanks. There was also Tobias's knife.

5. Lupey

Lupey Member

I was was keeping an eye on the civilians firearms. California is extremely anti-gun so I was hoping that we wouldn't see what we saw in the earlier TWD (Class 3 firearms all over the place) and we haven't so far. First full auto AK I'm throwing the BS flag LOL.

6. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

I know nothing about weapons. I'm a Canadian. :Grin:

7. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

Nice point abut the gun environment. The only heavily armed citizens will be organized criminal elements. Drug cartels having the upper hand with the border being wide open if not already then soon. Not sure what they would hope to gain but they could get the weapons in. Maybe to get some guys back from prison. Too much action for this show. This is a very mellow apocalypse a no rough stuff kind if a deal.

8. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

It looked like a 92 laying next to the dead guy that Maddie saw to me too.

Also while it is true about the anti-Gun culture in Ca. there are still plenty of guns and shooters and many not illegal as well.
    They try to knock them down but the tradition goes back a lot further than the Anti-Gun movement there.

They do have crazy limits these days compared to many states but a lot of items have been around since long before any controls were in place.

I am more than a little surprised and let dow that we have seen any gun culture yet at all considering the Military Occupation and state of Marshall Law the living are under in just 9 short days?

Does not seem too realistic to me?

9. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

I believe it is as well.
    [​IMG]

10. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

The gun culture may have been purged with the infected if there was resistance to the military (see above photo). Daniel would have drawn on them if the had a chance and he would have surrendered and been detained or been eliminated. From the preview of episode five the mentality of the military is pretty severe and it is hard to blame them especially at the first.

11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Moan aabe

12. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Maddie wields a mean fire extinguisher.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

Weapons people. What was the gun used on Griselda? Are you really suppose to keep your mouth open to fire a 50 cal ?

14. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

The gun used on Griselda was a device used to slaughter livestock. It extends and then retracts a metal bolt, sort of like the thing from No Country For Old Men.

And no. The shooter will mainly feel the kick to their shoulder. (And probably get a black eye if they are stupid enough to get as close to the scope as they did on the show.) However, it is often-repeated advice, and some say it actually makes a difference for people standing near the shooter. So, it's not entirely inaccurate for them to have said it.

#14 HondaS2kXD, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  15. Rust

Rust Member

It's a Barrett M82 .50 caliber sniper rifle

[[​IMG]

16. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

Travis does not look as impressed. But he should be.

17. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

Wouldn't shooting through a chain link fence like they did in this episode destroy the fence?

18. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

No. If a round nicked a chain, that chain would probably split, but since the chains are interconnected, it would take A LOT of hits on chains to make the fence break.

19. Rust

Rust Member

Strand used a Sig P226 that he took off a soldier. Don't know why a soldier would be carrying a P226 instead of a Beretta but with this show..

][​IMG]

The soldiers use an M60 machine gun, which being belt fed has enough ammo to take out most of a herd by itself

][​IMG]

20. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

There are plenty of Sig's in the Military although they are mostly with Special Forces,Navy and Marines and Officers as I recall.

The M9 competed directly against the 226 when they made the big pick in the 80's and the Beretta only beat them out for the better price in the end.So many still prefer the Sig all around and they do have a lot of them like I said.

Given that they could have mustered soldiers from whatever resources were in the area when the outbreak occurred it is not hard to imagine they got a cross section of services and specialties that reported too making the list of sidearms that showed up somewhat more diverse than just one service branch like in normal times?

Of course it could also easily be just a slip up of the props department for sure.