Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Well Thought Out Criticisms for "Indifference"

Discussion in 'Episode 404 - Indifference' started by Stuff&Thangs, Oct 29, 2013.

1. rustybag

rustybag Member

The Woodbury walkers had their teeth removed and were used during the staged fights. They still behaved like regular walkers with teeth, trying to attack. Michonne's walkers, when they had their teeth removed, were tame. That's where the inconsistency is in the writing. Are walkers tame when you remove their teeth or not? If so, like they were for Michonne, then the Woodbury ones should have been tame too, and would have served no purpose in the staged fighting.

#61 rustybag, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  2. Jenhaynes909

Jenhaynes909 Member

Michonne's walkers didn't have arms. Woodbury walkers did. Maybe that's the difference. Not sure just a thought.

3. rustybag

rustybag Member

Not sure, we have seen all kinds of missing body parts on walkers & they are still active. If you are a walker, it seems your sole purpose is to get at live flesh, and the only way to stop them is to "kill" them in the brain (they are already dead, but you guys know what I mean). You don't have awareness of your body parts, have a conscience, or feel pain. You see live flesh, you go after it.

4. Jenhaynes909

Jenhaynes909 Member

What if they couldn't see or hear. We don't know where they come from maybe that's why they were tame. I don't know just coming up with an idea.

5. zombiemurphy

zombiemurphy Member

what was the original question ? the "poste original question" F'ken Ejets

6. Govisgreat

Govisgreat Member

Carol is the biggest reason i didnt like the episode. she adds nothing to the show. my biggest gripe is there are simply too many characters on the show competing for airtime.

7. rustybag

rustybag Member

Maybe. Also in season 1 they brought up the sense if smell, since Glenn & Rick were able to escape that time by covering themselves in walker blood/ guts, and the walkers couldn't smell them.

I was just pointing out the inconsistencies in walker behavior. In this episode finding it strange that Ana & Sam could have been in a house for 2 days & not triggering the walker to come after them with noise, which then got me thinking about inconsistencies in walker behavior in past episodes/ in general.

8. AClayeJ

AClayeJ Member

I believe Michonne's walkers were tame because she had them like that for a while. I think it was mentioned one time in an episode, but can't remember when. I don't think they suddenly became tame when she cut the arms and jaws off, they became more docile after a length of time.

But, Michonne's walkers wanted to attack when Michonne and Andrea were hiding out in the woods after the helicopter crashed with the Gov. That's why she had to kill them because of the noise they were making.

The Woodbury walkers weren't used for that long. I think they may have killed them after each fight or longer. Just a guess though.

#68 AClayeJ, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  9. SwayzeWalks

SwayzeWalks New Member

It's a poor writing choice to get rid of Carol (if she is in fact gone for good). She's the sole representative of a response type that should be a lot more common in TWD: cold, brutal, utilitarian calculation. Everyone else has way too many coherent, pre-ZA feelings and attitudes toward survival.

Also, and I will maintain this to the last: Carol made the right decision by killing them. The only experience that they had of this virus at that point was rapid onset and death, and if that's all you've got to go on, then you have to kill them instead of risking an outbreak of a potentially serious pathogen. Sorry, but that's the only responsible decision to make.

Next they'll find reasons to get rid of Daryl and Michonne so we can just watch Rick, Carl, and Hershel have feelings at each other all day while Tyreese stomps around angrily in the background.

10. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

I rewatched the episode and caught something that is moronic.
    Carol told Lizzie that she and Rick were going on a run because, "We lost all our food in cell block D"
    Are they keeping all the supplies in one central location? I can think of good reasons not to do that without referring to walkers or disease.

11. rustybag

rustybag Member

Maybe I will have to go back and watch old seasons to see if I missed something. What you are saying to explain it is what is puzzling me, I didn't think you could do that (make walkers docile).

12. tink

tink Well-Known Member

It was something that Milton and the Governor discussed once they had captured Andrea and Michonne. Milton had Michonne's walkers in his lab, and explained how once you removed their jaws (so they couldn't bite) and their arms (so they couldn't tear or scratch), they lost interest in feeding and became almost docile. The Governor said, "Smaaart...".

13. AClayeJ

AClayeJ Member

Yes, it was Milton that said it. It was one of the first episodes when Andrea and Michonne arrived at Woodbury.

14. Andy

Andy Member

That was the biggest WTF moment in the episode for me. I thought maybe I missed a piece of dialogue or some explanation as to why there was a walker upstairs with those two for so long. I would think the first thing Ana & Sam would say when they saw Rick and Carol was, "Thank you!!! We've been trapped in that f*cking bathroom for days."

15. rustybag

rustybag Member

Exactly! At first I thought it must have been family members of the walker that they were feeding or something, but if they were hiding there to escape from the walker, it would have been going after them. And if they initially were in the house exploring, they actually had the forethought to bring the fruit upstairs & conveniently have it to eat when they were hiding for 2 days? How long did they plan on hiding? Its not like they could have been expecting someone to come along & rescue them. And the reason they gave for not stabbing the walker in the head (when carol asked why they didn't stab it, after the lame excuse of it taking 5-6 bullets to take one down with a gun) didn't make sense, either, they danced over that one without really answering. You would think Rick would have noticed things didnt add up & would have been more suspicious, given his track record with strangers. At least have checked out the greenhouse himself to see if the story of how Sam injured his shoulder looked to be legitimate.

#75 rustybag, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  16. AClayeJ

AClayeJ Member

I think Rick did suspect something about them. He was hesitate while Carol kept jumping in and telling them stuff....and things. lol Rick didn't think it was a good idea to let them help look for supplies, Carol wanted them to. Carol didn't want to side with Rick on much of anything during the trip.

Another thing I thought of was when Rick had his gun on them while they were upstairs. The girl threw that fruit to them maybe to make Rick and Carol drop their guard for a second.

17. rustybag

rustybag Member

Carol did challenge him and go against him in front of Ana & Sam by asking them to help after rick had already said to stay put. I just watched it again, though, and it was Sam who threw the fruit. And he gently threw it underhand, and stated "here, catch" before he threw it, so it seemed more like he was trying to gain rick's trust. They both did actually, they seemed very eager to please so that they could go back with them. At first carol & Rick were both questioning them, but it was Rick who told them the prison was 8 miles north and that there was a flu. Carol didn't make a comment revealing any info until Rick told them that, and even then all she told them was that there were children & that she didn't lose any.

#77 rustybag, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  18. Willzy123

Willzy123 Well-Known Member

dys epysod sukt. nt enuf darrrel. iph darrle cofs wi ryot!

19. Mokoshne

Mokoshne Member

So what are you saying, that hippies and walkers are allies?

20. AClayeJ

AClayeJ Member

They're about the same anyway.