Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 506 - Consumed' started by Carl Grimes, Nov 16, 2014.

?

Episode rating?

1. 10

11 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. 9

35 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. 8

39 vote(s)
    34.5%
  4. 7

14 vote(s)
    12.4%
  5. 6

7 vote(s)
    6.2%
  6. 5

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. 4

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. steely

steely Well-Known Member

solid 4...

2. Walkindeadchick

Walkindeadchick Well-Known Member

I loved this episode and gave it a 10!Carol and Daryl are such an awesome team with amazing chemistry,I loved their interactions in this episode!Judging by the previews for next week,shit's about to go down and I can't frickin wait!!!!!

3. Bello

Bello New Member

Fantastic episode, 9\10.
    Liked how Noah is sort of in the group now. Hope everyone will accept him next episode.
    It's going to be a great arc.

4. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

9/10.

I really loved it. The Atlanta nostalgia and nods to the first season, the atmosphere of the city itself, Daryl and Carol/Norman and Melissa's chemistry… It was a fantastic episode. Easily the best of the season so far imo. Some of the dialogue was a bit cheesy or vague, but aside from that the episode was really, really good. Just when I was starting to feel like this season was losing its steam... And I can't wait for next week.

Also, can I just say, Carol's flashbacks were great. They worked much better than Abe's.

5. Epikreborn

Epikreborn New Member

This one gets a 8 from me.

6. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

6 from me. Lost at least a point because of the unrealistic landing of the van, two points because most of it felt dragged out and another because I really wanted Carol to go in intentionally. Definitely better then the last two weeks, though

7. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

8. Van scene was terrible. And while I understand the intended symbolism of the flashbacks, there wasn't anything else particularly interesting or revealing about them.

But it was a good episode. This is a setup episode obviously. I hope the payoff episodes go back up to the 9+ level like the first 3 of this season.

8. nomaveck

nomaveck Member

I rated this episode an 8. Though it's really an 8.5. After how boring the last episode was, this was a very good step-up. I liked how it took the time to get some character moments in for Daryl and Carol, who we haven't seen since episode 2. They have a nice platonic relationship that feels natural, unlike basically every relationship we saw in the past two episodes (though Tara and Eugene have a friendly chemistry that I like). I also like that whatever's going on in Carol's head (her admittance that she still doesn't know what it is she really wants to do) isn't something that's gonna get resolved just by talking to Daryl.

The song choice still doesn't work for me. I think the opening scene would have worked better if it were entirely silent. And much as I love Carol, her flashbacks felt extraneous. There was nothing new there and nothing that really added value. I also really hated the scene of Daryl burning the corpses. Why did he even do that? We've been shown repeatedly how smoke can be seen for miles and they knew other people (people who they assume to be enemies) were around them. Hell, that could have been how Noah found them. And I have a problem with how they seemed to have no plan when they were checking out the van.

Also, I think Daryl should totally lend that book to Carl. He probably needs it.

Overall, even if this episode had been as boring as the last one, I would still have rated it higher if only because next week we finally get back to moving the plot! I really miss everyone back at the church, okay? (Not you, Gabriel.)

ETA: Almost forgot to mention... ATLANTA!!! Finally some ****ing concrete and steel. I'm sick of nature, guys. I'm totally a city girl.

#28 nomaveck, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  9. Lupey

Lupey Member

I gave it a 7. I'm completely torn about the episode. I loved seeing Atlanta like they showed it this episode. The vacant building, the decay and desertion. The camping zombies was cool. I enjoyed the flashbacks, the interaction between Caroly & Daryl, and lots of Carol (giggity giggity) yet at the same time it felt very slow and drawn out.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I gave it an 8

Loved the scene of D/C entering Atlanta. Thought that was a great contrast to S1 Rick entering the city.

I thought about bumping my rating by 2 notches based simply on the fact that Daryl Dixon makes smoking look hella sexy. But then I realized how shallow that would make me seem :D

11. Faelan Dixon

Faelan Dixon Member

I gave it a four maybe i should stop watching TWD.
    The last 3 eps were so weak.

12. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I gave it a 10.

LOL at the person who rated it a 1 lol

13. Busted Flipflop

I gave it a 9.

I thought it was filmed very well. The quiet emotion that both Carol and Daryl portrayed was very good. They didn't have to say much - the lighting, facial expressions, music, all conveyed what they were feeling. And I also thought there was a good balance of action, scenery, and character development.

14. Cody V

Cody V Member

I liked that we got to see Old School Daryl lighting up a cigarette and threatening to leave Noah trapped under the bookcase to become Walker food. He had lost a little bit of his grit during the beginning of the episode, I realize this is because he and Carol have a special relationship, but I just liked to see the fired up and pissed off Daryl.

15. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

It was hard to take him too seriously after he stopped Carol from shooting Noah. Too inconsistent for me.

16. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

The difference for me was that Daryl is willing to give someone a pass the first time - especially when he didn't do anything overly aggressive and was just a kid. The second time - the kid is a problem and also he threw a walker at Carol. That pissed him off. He is done with someone that puts her (or probably any group member) in such close range danger.

Some others speculated that Daryl left him there for Carol to decide. I don't think Daryl is quite that complicated. I think he was just pissed off and fed up with him and didn't care to give him a third chance to harm them. He did save him because Carol wanted him to but not as a way to 'test' Carol.

17. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I give this one an 8. I really enjoyed seeing the city scenes after we've been in primarily rural seetings for the past few seasons.

Also the last couple of episodes were not strong so in contrast this one looked much better overall.

I also have really grown to like the Carol character, and I think Melissa McBride carried the episode. They would be fools to kill her off.

18. tink

tink Well-Known Member

8.5. Although I am still sick of bottle episodes, this one at least held my interest throughout. But I'm interested in Carol and Daryl, while I am not in the other characters who've had their bottles.

Seriously though, Mr Gimple, stop with the bottle episodes. They could easily have included this and all the other bottle into one or two episodes. Is this just a way to pay the actors less because they're not included in every episode for the season? This is getting really annoying.

19. Thangs & Stuff

Thangs & Stuff Well-Known Member

It was pretty good, I loved to see the city again and love all the stuff in this season reminding of season 1

20. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Actually if you look close on the left hand side as she runs out, theres a big black van parked facing the building she runs out of. Immediately on her left, so she'd have to be on the road to see whats coming on the left anyway pretty much. Best view of it is when she opens the door.