Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 506 - Consumed' started by Carl Grimes, Nov 16, 2014.

?

Episode rating?

1. 10

11 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. 9

35 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. 8

39 vote(s)
    34.5%
  4. 7

14 vote(s)
    12.4%
  5. 6

7 vote(s)
    6.2%
  6. 5

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. 4

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

I agree.

Her and Norman Reedus definitely bring out the best in each other and he benefits a lot from that. His acting is not as consistent and who he shares the screen with can make a difference. Him and Rick have good chemistry too.

I like MMB with most of the cast though. Off hand I can't think of any paring that I thought was bad.

2. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I give it an 8 again. A little bit weaker writing than the previous episodes, but it was fine, I liked the episode. Been waiting for months to see Atlanta streets in the show again.

3. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

I rated a 7. The van/bridge sequence was just too hokey for me. Here was the overpass void of Z's, and then a whole herd comes out of nowhere?
    Then, all three look out and see the station wagon roaring past ...but then Carol steps out and is hit ? Was that a time-travel wagon ?

Sorry.
    The slower pace was fine, with more defined CD dialogue between Carol & Daryl...but the goofs lowered it for me.

4. tehwalkingdead

I gave it an 8.

I don't like that we have had just one storyline the last three weeks. I get that they are bringing things together for the next two episodes but they could have done this in another way. With the shows having multiple themes running throughout.

I also take a mark off for the van fall. The engine is in the front, right? And it falls 'nose' first? So how the hell did it magically land on four wheels? It surely lands on the bumper and presumably falls in such a way that they hang upside down. That said, I am willing to accept that all sorts of stuff like this goes on in TV/Film and this is no different to how most shows handle stuff. The suspension of belief is a requirement. I did after all watch Harrison Ford (Playing the POTUS) single handedly take down a plane of terrorists and zip line across to a rescue plane during my 90's movie binge yesterday.

I am now officially looking forward to the next two weeks where I expect to be giving a 9 or a 10.

5. tehwalkingdead

I was happy to accept that part of it. They obviously walked/ran/fought their way up the overpass so there should have been some amount of zombies following them. Ok, maybe not from both sides, but there should have at least been some following them.

6. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

9. I know that things aren't moving extremely fast right now, but the story building has been amazing these last few episodes and the writers have put everything together so well.

The writing this season has been so much improved over previous seasons. I hope they keep these people on

7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Good point. I've been critical of the Tyreese character but I actually liked him in the Grove.

At this point, I'd be for her taking on this comic role...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nebukadnezar

Nebukadnezar New Member

a solid 9 :)
    great pictures and atmosphere from the city and exactly what i want to see in a zombie-series.
    i get this special feeling which i expect from a apocalyptic scenario, in this cruel world.
    damn..only 2 episodes left till halftime. QQ

9. Charmander

Charmander Member

8. Mostly for the interaction between Carol and Daryl. It still amazes me what a great job they did with her character development; I really hated her for the first two seasons and it took me a while to warm up to her after that, but I think she's awesome.
    Not much going story-wise but I liked the setting. Will be interesting to see how this will link to Abraham and co.

10. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I gave it an 8. It was a very good episode, but I guess there is always room for improvement :shining:
    I really like MMB and NR as actors (MMB a little more) and I hope, they will both hang around a while longer.
    And I loved the atmosphere of this episode

11. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

I gave it a 9. A much better episode that the last 2.

The acting and characterisation was good, and to me they felt more like people, rather than comic book characters. I hope next week's is as good.

12. chabadoo

chabadoo New Member

I think it is a solid 8. Not good enough for a 9, but so much better than last week.

13. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

Oh! I missed the tank. Will have to watch out for that again on my re-run.
    I give todays episode 8

14. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Gave it a 10. Best episode this season. Felt more like an S1 episode that any episodes have in a long time. Lots of options to speculate about on what's going to happen next -- is the whole gang coming to Atlanta? Will they kill Dawn or the other cops, or let them live? Will the gang at the church come and then when Abraham and the rest get back, they won't know where they went? Will Carol die from being run over? [now that, just wouldn't be right]

All the flashbacks surprised me -- the ones I liked most were of Carol after driving off from Rick and then, later, seeing the smoke from the prison. McBridge is doing a great job playing out Carol's mental struggles right now without over doing it. Oh -- has Reedus been lifting weights or something? He's quite the hunk in this episode.

15. Lt. Col. Cookie

Gave it a 9. Loved the episode and the references (especially the tank in Atlanta :zombies_lol:) Still, I miss Rick and the rest of the group..

16. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

Yes it did a bit. I rewatched S1 - S3 in the summer and this one did seem to up the quality to S1 level.

I think the problem I had with last weeks was that it felt like actors animating comic book characters - still good, but not as believable as this episode, which felt like real people who had not just jumped off the pages of a comic.

17. dphoenix

dphoenix Member

I voted 9. I would've voted 10, but there were some obvious missteps with the van/bridge sequence that I just couldn't ignore. Otherwise, I felt this was a great episode; probably among the best we've seen in the entire series. The pace. The dialogue. The scenery. The acting. The suspense. Everything all the way up to and including the cliffhanger ending was pretty spot on, in my book. In particular, I love that the episode didn't need to be full of action in order to be engaging and progressive. It's the one thing this show can continually accomplish (most of the time, at least) and I'm always impressed and satisfied with how the show runner, cast, and crew go about translating Robert Kirman's dramatic content on-screen.

On that note, anybody complaining about TWD episodes being boring or "too slow" must be new to the series. This show isn't about the action, or even the zombies for that matter, and it never has been. Go back and watch "Wildfire", "Chupacabra", "Secrets", and "Arrow on the Doorpost". The show is probably 50-70% "slower" episodes, so if you're just now catching on, you must not have been paying attention and you only have yourself to blame.

18. Dreamer14

Dreamer14 Member

8/10 I thought it was pretty good, some parts were a bit slow, but overall I liked it.

#58 Dreamer14, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  19. Stevens61310

Stevens61310 Member

I know I'm late to the party but I just re-watched this episode so that I could figure out why everyone is so high on this episode. You know what?? I still can't. I can not in all good conscience give this much higher than a 5. It was an extremely average episode. I think I would have to go all the way back to the "Superflu" episodes to find an episode I cared less for. This was essentially 20 minutes packed into an hour long episode. And it is hands down the worst episode this season. Makes the highly criticisized Slabtown look like Masterpiece Theatre. When I literally look at the clock to see how much longer the show will go on -- and find out I still have 30 minutes and I groan--you know it's bad--

20. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

Voted 8/10. This was a good bottle episode and much more improved from Abe's goon squad last week.

I think Carol and Daryl have always had great chemistry. MMB and NR work well together. I feel like they both can be honest with each other and read each other like an open book. I like how comfortable they are with each other. The nature of their relationship does not have to turn romantic for those reasons in my opinion. I like what they have and it does not have to be sexual.

There were some things I could not ignore like the van drop. Which was way too bogus. I wish that scene was cut because no way Carol and Daryl would have survived that fall in real life. I also felt Carol's flashbacks was an unnecessary addition. I knew that she is struggling to come to terms with what she did. I also don't think it was truly important to see where she went the day Rick banished her.

I liked the symbolism of fire. Carol burning away her past sins and starting over like Daryl did with the burning of the moonshine cabin. I liked seeing them enter Atlanta again and drive down that same road Rick was on horseback.

The pacing was a bit slow in the beginning and the episode was very dark at times. I felt like someone needed to light a torch when they followed the car to Atlanta.

Good bottle episode.

#60 Kingston50, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014