Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 508 - Coda' started by Carl Grimes, Nov 30, 2014.

?

Episode rating?

1. 10

20 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. 9

27 vote(s)
    19.3%
  3. 8

37 vote(s)
    26.4%
  4. 7

21 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. 6

10 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. 5

9 vote(s)
    6.4%
  7. 4

6 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. 1

8 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

A lot say not as good as Too Far Gone, but tbh, the best part of that episode was the hostage situation. Basically Hershel on his knees til his beheading was amazing and tense. Rest was okay.

With Coda even though the exchange scene was brief, the build up was great. I knew what was coming (A Beth death), so as I saw her put the scissors in her cast, and the music started playing as the groups all started to merge I was as on edge as I was with Hershel. I loved how the corridor scene was filmed, kind of at an angle.

2. RHINOWSO

RHINOWSO Member

Definitely the weakest mid season finale, I give it a 7/10.

NEVER LISTEN TO TYREESE.

3. Shadow

Shadow Member

9.5/10, great mid-season finale, happy there wasn't a big battle and better than last two episodes which got a bit dragging. Last 10 minutes were gut wrenching, especially Maggie's reaction to Beth's death was "satisfying". Rick riding that cop down was awesome to see.

4. lulu_nueve

lulu_nueve Member

I wasn't fan of the hospital arc (or this entire season for that matter), but I did like the Dawn actress. I felt bad for her when she shot Beth. She looked like she didn't mean to.

I loved seeing Michonne and Carl (doing something!), plus Maggie's reaction to Beth being dead. When Rick came out, his face as he was looking at the group (and Maggie), it was sad. Maggie just killed it there.

Looking forward to those four characters, and Morgan in 5B.

5. Orpheus

Orpheus Member

6. Too much stupid shit happened, plus that last scene at the building was just stupid, i don't mind it (maybe a little bit..), but it was done in a very stupid way.

6. TWDeadHead87

TWDeadHead87 Member

I give it an 8, could have been better, to me there were a little bit too much talking for a mid season finale and I hated Beth's death, honestly I much have rather seen her gotten bitten by a Walker in a really dramatic scene of her trying to get away fighting for her life and showing her strength, it was a real let down seeing her get shot in the head like that. Overall though good episode, but they really better bring it good in February.

7. tehwalkingdead

I really liked the episode I have to say.

I found the single issue episodes to be a little annoying even though I still like a lot that happened. This one though, I liked pretty much everything and I think it was a good MSF, and I didn't mind the Beth shooting at all. Interested to see where the second half of the season is going now.

I gave it a 10.

8. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

Certainly enjoyed the bit where Grimes ran the cop down. The bit wish really let the episode down was the perfectly timed entrance of Abraham in the fire engine. Terrible.
    As for Beth, well it was a very silly thing to do seeing as everything was going OK. I feel it's getting predictable now though as we had the token mid season death in season 4 and now we have the mandatory Beth bites the bullet. Predictability is what always kills off a great show.

9. tarakmyers

tarakmyers Member

I would give it a 9.Loved Rick killing the cop.Also Michonne killing all those walkers with Judith on her back.Gabriel was very annoying and I wish he had died.It was sad about Beth and Maggie's reaction was painful to watch.

10. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

11. mrs_shanewalsh

mrs_shanewalsh New Member

I gave it an 8. Started off well, loved Rick running the cop over and that "shut up" line was awesome.
    Michonne beheading all those zombies was also awesome but I honestly wasn't interested in these other characters' storyline (even though I LOVE them), all I wanted to watch was how the "Exchange" would go through and I was a bit disappointed with the outcome.

I mean, don't get me wrong I was nervous as hell as to who was gonna die, but I also expected it to be a warzone.
    Beth's death was a bit stupid, I didn't mind Beth's character but if I had to chose between her or Carol to survive, Carol would win. I just think Beth deserved a better death, and I wish she would've actually killed Dawn herself.

I honestly LOVED the beginning of the season, thought it was going to be the best season yet but unfortunately the hospital arc ruined it. Should've stuck with those damn cannibals:Chainsaw:

12. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

Gave it a 7 and I think that's me being a harsh voter. Some great scenes just some aspects of the episode I wish could have turned out differently. Wanted one of the cops to join rick and the gang. Maybe a bit more of a showdown I think we all expected from the MSF

13. FISH

FISH Member

Solid 8, could have spent more time trying to negotiate with Dawn and little less time procrastinating.

14. Dales hat

Dales hat Member

I think people are misreading it a bit. Kirkman brought up a good point on Talking Dead. People die in this world, sometimes for stupid reasons. I think it was ballsy of the show to kill Beth off in that way.

This is probably gonna go down as one of the most divisive episodes of The Walking Dead ever, and I think that was kind of the intention. Piss some people off. Make them feel real emotion. I mean, I'm seeing 3/10's and 4/10's for this episode. Not because it was a crappy episode, but because people are genuinely pissed off 1) The show killed off Beth, and 2) they killed her off in a seemingly frivolous way.

The intention, IMO, was to show the audience that no one is safe. Not ever, and that at any given moment a beloved character could meet an untimely demise.

Anyways, I loved it. Third best episode of the season IMHO.

15. Walkindeadchick

Walkindeadchick Well-Known Member

I voted 10.I loved the episode and thought it was awesome,my favorite part was Rick "MOTHAFU*KIN" Grimes taking care of business at the beginning of the episode.Also loved seeing my girl,Michonne back in action with Lil A$$kicker strapped to her back,just wished she had killed Gabriel for leading the walkers back to the church.Although,I didn't like Beth and I'm glad her story is over,I felt really bad for Daryl.It was great to see Morgan again and I can't wait until he finally catches up with Rick and Co.

16. Cracker

Cracker Member

Every scene with Rick was awesome. AL is becoming an even more brooding presence, just a head tilt and change of posture can communicate volumes. Opening was highlight of show, roof scene a close second.

Hated the whole Hospital arc, scenes in Atlanta the only redeeming factor, that and gaining Noah.

Crap death for Beth but I won't miss her.

17. TWDfan87893

TWDfan87893 Active Member

I'd go with a 9. It was nice to see Michonne break out the sword again! also, like ricks "shut up" moment!

18. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I gave it a 9. It was a very good episode with a lot of quiete moments (I like that for a change). And I was satisfied with Gabriels explanation, why he'd left and came back. I guess, he had to see for himself what kind of people Gareth and his lot were. It seems to give him some peace of mind. I develope a growing fondness for Gabriel.
    Finally Maggie acknowledged her sister's existence - yay :Grin:

Beth' death was heartbreaking for me. I liked her very much and I was sad that she died, when there was so much room for developement for her. But it was a good, strong scene imo and it fitted the character well.
    Glad to see that Noah left with the group. I would have hoped for Percy and the doctor to go with them too, but I guess the Doc is too frightened to go out there and Percy wasn't one of the people in the background, so he probably didn't know, what offer Rick made.
    I loved the dialogue between Sasha and Tyreese - I'm so glad, that Ty got the chance to explain Martin (although I don't think that was necessary, many other viewers seems to feel different).
    Great episode imo

19. Monitor Man

Monitor Man Member

1/10

Very poor pacing and made little sense...

The entire hospital arch was a huge waste of time.

20. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

Solid 9 from me.

It kept me guessing, and they felt like real people reacting to events in the ZA. Not animated cartoon characters.

Beth's death was stupid and pointless, just as many deaths are in this world.