Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 508 - Coda' started by Carl Grimes, Nov 30, 2014.

?

Episode rating?

1. 10

20 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. 9

27 vote(s)
    19.3%
  3. 8

37 vote(s)
    26.4%
  4. 7

21 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. 6

10 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. 5

9 vote(s)
    6.4%
  7. 4

6 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. 1

8 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Gave it an extra point cos Beth finally dies.

2. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Hmmm...I took a point off because she died. Strange how opinions are so divided. I mean, everyone likes Rick, don't they?
    But Beth makes you think - not so clear cut. I liked her innocence and hope - in a world with a lot missing...

Her "pointless" death and the lack of a big shootout finale made it better for me. Surely you don't want the predictability of an end of season or Mid season finale to always involve a big death and lots of "action" - doesn't that then become predictable and boring???
    Am looking forward to February already. I love this show!

3. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

P.S. Thought it was time for Carol to go, not Beth...where do they go with her character now??

4. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Agree about Rick...but Beth dying in a dumb way reflected her character - she wasn't perfect - and met an imperfect, frustrating death:dead:

5. Bultero

Bultero New Member

6/10 beth death could be better... and more black dudes dying?

6. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

Gave it a 7 but I think it should get lower. Beth deserved a better ending. That was lame.

7. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

My fave part of the episode was when the music pulse kicked in as Beth was in her room, casually getting dressed, and then both groups converged. I liked how clerical, clean, sterile, claustrophobic it was and the slanted filming angle. It felt so surreal. I liked how it didn't become a typical shootout.

Also, did anyone hear a potential production member, female, whisper "Okay"? It is after Rick says Dawn has no claim on Noah. It cuts to a shot of Dawn and then you hear it. Guess its cause room was so cramped lol

8. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I'd give it an 11, just for the Rick Grimes moments.

9. tommy

tommy Member

It was a great episode. '8' rating.

I had mixed feelings about Beth's death, however. On one hand, developing her character just to kill her off seemed like a waste, on the other hand, it made people care about her death. There's even a petition to bring her back for crying out loud! I bet my right leg that nobody gave a toss when Jacqui stayed behind at the CDC to be crozzled bacon. Or when Amy got killed (Well, I'm sure we all cared about Andrea losing her sister).

I can't speak for everybody on this forum but, I found it sad that Beth died. And if invoking strong emotions isn't a good example of fine writing, then I don't know what is.

10. Miserius Darkus

Miserius Darkus New Member

I really want Beth live just because she was the only one has the same bloodline with Maggie and i don't want Maggie to lose any member of her family. But other thought i want her to die because she was a dumbass never gonna grow up like Carl.

11. IncognitoForever

IncognitoForever Active Member

12. jared2213

jared2213 Member

5/10.

I give it a 5/10 just because it seemed like a let down for a MSF. Yeah it had a shocking death in Beth, but other than that it seemed utterly boring.

13. JohnD

JohnD Member

We've now essentially had the equivalent of a whole season with the larger group spending almost no time together; last half of S4 and first half of S5.

This is a good way to stretch your cast and go from 13 to 16 episodes a year in what is the most successful tv show going right now, so it makes sense from that side.

This approach also makes sense from the perspective of giving every character (and actor) their moment(s) to shine. We also (theoretically at least) come out of it with every character being more nuanced, developed and deep than had everyone stayed together.

But... after a while the cohesiveness of the collective suffers. I thought that last year, while the individual episodes were good, not having Rick, Carl and Michonne in about three consecutive episodes hurt because those are the main characters from my point of view. Well, the first half of S5 cemented that feeling for me.

Without Rick to pull everything together, TWD just wasn't as interesting, even though it still remained my favourite tv show to watch.