Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 511 - The Distance' started by Carl Grimes, Feb 22, 2015.

?

Episode rating

1. 10

27 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. 9

33 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. 8

14 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. 7

10 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  6. 5

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Esse

Esse Member

I loved every single minute of it. I was literally glued on the screen. The writing, the direction, the acting, the interactions, the characterizations ... everything worked. And, finally, after I don't know how long, I 'feared' the walkers again. I loved it.

Also, I have to say : kudos to Andrew Lincoln. I know he's an amazing actor but those eyes at the end... wow.. just ...wow. So many things he managed to say there. Great acting.

2. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

I feel like you have a little brother that trolls you by logging into your account and posting serious responses every once in a while.

I give it a 9! It might even be my favorite of the season so far!

3. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I think I'd be the wittle brother in this situation, and my big bro posted dat.

#83 Gaycandybacon, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  4. Wesker

Wesker Member

I gave it a 5. It was boring. There hasn't been a good new character since the Governor. There are no real enemies, just hordes of dumb walkers. The newer characters are boring and one dimensional with not enough screen time to flesh them out. And yes...I could have done without the whole politically correct gratuitous homosexual kiss. I mean Aaron is ok..compentent..seems intelligent, and he's gay..no big deal. But how are we supposed to believe his little effeminate "I do stupid things when you're not around" boyfriend survived this long? And the kiss....so if you get a call yopur wife or significant other is in the hospital and you rush there and then find out they are ok you give them a big wet French kiss of relief???? It was so obviously written in for shock value and political correctness and to show how wonderfully progressive the writers are. Ok..no no more nonsense, lets get the show back on track.

5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yes.

6. Wesker

Wesker Member

It was a gratuitous sexualized kiss in an inappropriate situation. A hug, an embrace, a non sexual kiss would have been more appropriate given the situation while still getting the point across that they are homosexuals. And A-Aron got all drama queen when he saw the flare go up and risked his life and the lives of the others because he thought his little friend had died. Not exactly a hardened survivor who even seems remotely capable of spying on our group for so long unnoticed.

7. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know about you, but if my significant other was in danger and possibly dead, I'd panic and desperately try to get to them too. And if it turned out that they were okay, I'd plant a big one on them in relief.

Aaron's reaction was what I'd consider a rational, normal one. It was a deep kiss of love and relief. They didn't rip each other's clothes off and start gyrating in front of Rick lol.

8. Wesker

Wesker Member

Rewatched the scene and maybe you're right but still can't stand Eric. A-Aron is cool, but Eric with his "When I'm worried I do stupid things" effeminate nature would have gotten him killed long ago. Still seems that the writers went way out of their way to make sure that no one had any doubts that these 2 were gay and loved each other oh so much, we get an "I love you" and a "You'll have to shoot me to keep me away from him" from Mr. I Won't eat Applesauce. It all seemed kind of forced. Yes yes we get it..they're gay..now lets move on.

9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Eric so far either. Stereotypical characters are a pet hate of mine...

10. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

It was just a kiss, similar to the way Glenn and Maggie have kissed each other many, many times after being worried for one another's safety. Glenn and Maggie have also risked their lives for each other, and they are considered to be "hardened survivors." So why are Aaron and Eric different? Why would they kiss each other in a non-sexual way when they are a couple?

People who are secure in their own sexuality don't get so worked up about what other people do.

11. Screaminleeman

In honesty it was pure 10, but I'm simply too immature for the "scene" and had to deduct a point anyway.

12. fredrik

fredrik New Member

As always I loved it. Although there have been better episodes, not much happened. Waiting for something big to happen this season...

13. WalkerSlayer

WalkerSlayer Member

I went with a 9 (9.5), because I'm a perfectionist and rarely grade things a 10. I enjoyed the pace, to me it wasn't too slow, had good walker scenes, etc.

I love Rick, and I don't blame feral Rick for not wanting to buy into the idea of the new community. I did get a little misty out of relief when he pulled up to the gates and he heard children playing.

Watching Rick go through the motions of trying to trust again will be interesting. Here's hoping there's a shrink in the ASZ ;)

14. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I agree. I gave this an 8. I thought it started well, with a suitable level of mistrust shown towards Aaron - but then just because he wasn't lying about being with only one other person etc., they just blindly drove up to the front gate...After Terminus and every other group they've ever encountered? Really?? I also thought Aaron and Eric's relationship was a bit OTT and wondered why on earth their group had selected these 2 to go looking for survivors - surely likely to get themselves killed one way or another.
    An "accidental" mistake - like Tyreese becoming absorbed by those photos of the twins - I can believe much easier...
    A "deliberate" mistake - like when Maggie etc. walked straight into Terminus - I find harder to understand.
    So, for me the weakest episode of 5B so far.
    Being in the UK, I don't look on this forum until after our Monday evening TV showing - and usually the "general feeling" of the forum mirrors my own. Quite surprised to see how highly this episode is rated...

15. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Not sure how I would rate it, other than 8 or higher. But here is one thing this episode did that makes me rate it higher. It got me thinking about the ASZ and all the things I want to know about where the ASZ story is going -- especially after that wonderful shot of Washington DC and several of our favorite national monuments from a distance. So Here is what I want to know, and am hoping they wll tell in the story going forward:

* What happened to the Pentagon? Have the ASZ survivors been there?
    * What about the naval ships and shipyards? If you could clean out walkers,these would be pretty impervious to assault from walkers or evil perverts, Has ASZ visied the naval shipyards around Alexandria and Richmond?
    * How many ex-military are in ASZ and were they instrumental in clearing Route 16. Why haven't they cleared Route 23zz
    * What has ASC done to protect ASZ from evil-doers like the Gov, who have military style weapons

These are questions Rick should ask before agreeing to stay. BUT, he won't.

16. castlemania

castlemania Member

I give this episode a 9.5.... it was great to see them reach the safe zone

17. TAWX14

TAWX14 New Member

I rated this episode a 10/10. I really don't have any complaints. I loved the dialog from most of the group this episode, but especially from Glenn and Michonne.

#97 TAWX14, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  18. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

Fantastic episode & a good storyline. I originally voted 8, but that's too.harsh. Gonna give it a 9.

19. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

THAT is a great idea!