Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by Carl Grimes, Mar 8, 2015.

?

Episode rating?

1. 10

10 vote(s)
    9.2%
  2. 9

20 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. 8

35 vote(s)
    32.1%
  4. 7

18 vote(s)
    16.5%
  5. 6

12 vote(s)
    11.0%
  6. 5

6 vote(s)
    5.5%
  7. 4

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. 3

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  9. 2

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  10. 1

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

If I didn't have misgivings about character abandonment, this would be a 9 for me.

i truly loved the Aaron & Daryl scenes. Ross Marquand A+

the dichotomy of Sasha compared to the others who are assimilating, just fine, was gold and dead on.

2. Wesker

Wesker Member

I really enjoyed this episode. Liked the development of Aaron as a character. Liked the inclusion of a little humor, from Darryl's spahetti dinner to Carol's scary story. Seeing our protagonists in the dinner party environment is something I never figured to see on ther show. All in all, a nice change of pace and an excellent build up to the horrors we all know are coming soon.

3. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

I was all about this episode. I'm loving Aaron. He's fast turning into one of my favorite characters... now that I have a little room with Bob's passing. I'm also enjoying the overall adjustment that the characters are dealing with and 'm enjoying how they are dealing with it as well.

I'd say 8 maybe 8.5.

4. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

gave the episode an 8. Although not much action, the episode made quite a bit of movement. I really like the secret meetings of Rick, Carol and Daryl. I also like that Daryl now has a job :)
    I found Sasha's outburst at the 'party' relate-able i think it must be crazy going from wondering whether they will eat and searching for drinking water to some giddy lady asking what she'd like for dinner.

5. Lars

Lars Member

A Big 7 because the episode was low on action.

6. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

does anyone think that the ratings we give are always biased? i mean, i gave it an 8, but i love the show - as im sure everyone on here does. maybe a typical viewer would have given this episode a little less of a rating as they might have thought that it was slow moving and boring compared to previous ones. just a thought.

7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I can only speak for myself but when I rate the show I do it on a different type of curve. I come into it feeling that TWD is on a higher level than your typical network TV show. I feel like many cable TV programs actually fall into that category though, shows like Game of Thrones, Better Call Saul, Ray Donovan etc. It's just a higher quality than your generic network fare, where some of the top shows over there like The Following and the Blacklist at their best, really aren't as good as a cable show at its worst.

So I gave this week's episode an 8 as well, and feel good with that rating with the metric I use. Other people I imagine have a different way of looking at it. I generally enjoy reading most of the ratings and reviews here because sometimes if I rate an episode higher or lower I'm interested in seeing what others see, or don't see, in an episode. For instance I had some trouble with the Tyreese death episode and others didn't. Whereas this week's didn't work for some, but it did for me.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Doomhed

Doomhed Member

Yeah, he is a way underrated character actor. I heard he is set to play a zebra on an episode of CSI next month.

9. mopedoutlaw

mopedoutlaw New Member

Great Episode!

The people calling actions "out of character" obviously want the show to be boring. Actions by almost everyone have the potential to lead to some pretty interesting outcomes. Carol? What else was she going to do? The kid would've blown the whole thing and instead he gets cookies out of it. I agree she may have been sloppy, but kids are sneaky, you don't always think about them, and how many times can you think of in a movie where a kid showed up at the worst possible time. It is a great plot device. Rick needs that human touch, Sasha is obviously and rightfully PTSD, Daryl is being Daryl and always comes out clean because he is a good person. Michonne is acting completely in character, being smart and it took a conversation with Abraham of all people to have her put her sword above the hearth. All in all, a good episode with many loose ends waiting to be frayed or tied up. I can't wait...this si still a top-notch show.

10. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

I gave it a 7. A watchable episode for character and plot development, but one of the less memorable episodes all in all.

The calm before the storm....

11. Steppin' Razor

Voted 8, I really enjoyed this episode. One of the better ones of this half of the season so far, imo.

12. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I gave it a 9. Excellent episode with a nice balance on most the group members. This episode really results in a lot to think about even if the plot itself didn't advance much, it was a thought provoking one for me. Also a lot of humor.

13. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

8 for me. Not an action packed episode but one that gave a lot of characters the chance to shine, plus the opportunity for some cracking story development.

14. KAY EL

KAY EL Member

I hate this episode because the poor horse got eaten!
    Bullshit! In real life this horse could easily outrun or jump from the walkers, or a back kick will send one flying.

15. ashleg26

ashleg26 New Member

Glad something good seems to be happening

It looks like the next episode everything is going to go wrong, I hope not though. It's nice to have episodes that aren't all doom and gloom occasionally. I hope this new place isn't shortlived!

16. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

8 for me too. A good "build" episode...so that when it all goes wrong, it hurts us more:zombies_neutral:

17. Charmander

Charmander Member

I gave it a 9. I've been disappointed with the start of the season but things are starting to get interesting now (I hope).
    Good acting from Sasha and just love Carol blending into the background. Annoying that the kid saw what she was really like so soon though.

Minus a point for Jessie; I don't like her in the comics, but I'm not keen on the actress either.

18. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

I rather felt it was one of the more indifferent episodes of the season. With only three episodes left, seems they could have made more use of this one. The scenes with the horse were pointless and her being eaten gratuitous. Daryl eating spaghetti could have been fun but was ruined by having him eat like that. Even rednecks have some table manners. Geez!

Sasha's anger at what the other woman 'worries' about was excellent. As was Carol's super creepy threat of the kid.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nibbio

Nibbio New Member

6 out of 10 from me

20. UndeadImmortal2

UndeadImmortal2 New Member

I gave this a ten. This is one of my very favourite episodes. It may seem slow, but there's so much subtext and creepy implications. Suddenly it's like our team are back in normal life - but the episode does a great job of making normality seem creepy and displaying all of the insidious petty evils that exist in normal society, but can't survive in the world of zombies, where problems like that have very direct and brutal solutions. This episode more than any other digs into the core of what's wrong with Alexandria and why Rick's group don't fit. But the question of where our sympathies should lie is left wide open at this stage - are 'our' group too damaged and dangerous to reintegrate, or are the Alexandrians too naive and weak to see that living a normal life is now delusional. Or are both things true? Truly one of the most subtle and ambiguous episodes.