Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 515 - Try' started by Carl Grimes, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

9 for me. Pretty intense episode from beginning to the end. So much trouble with ASZ people, Rick's group, walkers outside, including mysterious "W" marks... We're about to get an explosive finale!

2. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Gotta give it 8ish. What amazing acting!!!! Every one of them just knocked it out of the park. Glenn's threat to Dickoless was perfect. Can't wait for next week but I fear next week.

3. PapSett

PapSett Member

I thought last week's 6 was low, but... wow. Didn't enjoy this episode at all. Don't like what they're doing with Rick, so out of character. So many things not touched upon... the whole Father Gabriel thing should have been top of the list this week.

Hoping things improve soon.

4. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

I gave this episode a 9 - I did not think I would enjoy any of the Rick, Jessie, and Pete love triangle melodrama, but I got reeled in hook, line, and sinker. Maybe it's because I am still so worried that Rick is going to do something that will change my opinion of him, but I thought the episode was crazy suspenseful, and that final scene will go down as one of my favorites of the series.

5. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

5 mostly cos I was hungry and Carol made pasta/casserole

I thought Rick's fight etc was good. I like that he was sorta losing, it was good to see it become a little more realistic.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I think what is bothering me the most about this Rick is when Jessie asked him if he would do this for anyone else and he replied 'no'. That just left a really bad taste in my mouth and screamed out of character. No matter how crazy Rick has gotten, he still had the compass that guided him to doing the right thing for the right people, not just the one person he has his eyes set upon.

Also want to throw this out there regarding last week when Carol stated 'you are going to have to kill him'. MAPP video reviewer Ronny Haze brought up an interesting take on that exchange. He did not see it as Carol telling Rick to flat out kill/murder Pete. His take on the exchange (Carol's view point) was, and I quote, "she knows that this is how Pete is going to make it go down". Just food for thought.

7. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

8. VickGrimes

I agree, that was definitely a WTF moment, because the Rick we know would absolutely do the same thing for anyone in his group (at the very least) or anyone else in the ASZ (not just because of what we know of him as a person, but because he is a constable). I agree with those that say he was likely just telling her what she needed to hear in that moment, because if he would have said yes, it would have taken her out of the moment and probably not given her the strength she needed to tell Pete to leave when he showed up. Not that I agree with that 180 either, but whatever. Anyway, he knew that the issue needed to come to a head, and I think he figured that this may help it get there. She wanted to feel special, that his interest in her was more than just because he was a law officer and she was a damsel in distress, and that he may still be there for her when this was all over.

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Thank you for your take on the exchange between Rick and Jessie! I have been struggling with that scene, trying to make the puzzle pieces fit together. Your take on the scene has helped ease some of the sting, frustration, disappointment in Rick that I have been struggling with.

10. VickGrimes

I have faith in our Rick, I really do :) Believe me, I've been concerned as well - I literally could not watch the "keep walking" scene because I was so worried Rick was just going to kill Pete right then and there and I would have been so disappointed in him.

11. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

6.5 Not all can be barnburners ....but, No Tara ? No Maggie ? No Abraham ? No Eugene ? No Gabriel ?

Lots of dangling threads from the previous ep. Get it that this was the set-up for the triangle w/ Rick, Jessie, and Pete; but they used a lot of minutes w/Sasha going postal.
    I was just ....disconnected somewhat for me. I think that they should have shown the immediate aftermath re: Tara, Aiden, and Noah between the Monroe family and Rick w/ Glenn and Eugene.

12. starravenfire

starravenfire Member

I think this episode was really missing a scene with Glenn and Maggie together. I know a lot of people complain about their relationship but you have an episode where Glenn witnesses a close friend dying right in front of him followed by an episode that his wife isn't even in. Glenn is always been there to comfort her and yet they can't have even a short scene of Maggie comforting Glenn when they returned from the run?

13. Maya

Maya Member

I don't understand or see the infatuation from Rick towards Jessie.
    Yes when you have read the comics, it was clear from the beginning, but if you haven't it just feels out of character.

Who is this Rick that would jeapordise everything for a woman he just met?

6/10

14. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

It was clicking along about a 6 or 7 for me - I am kinda done with Sasha and her flip out and I just don't buy into Glenn being a tough guy. Enid and Carl was cute, The Daryl and Aaron were ok setup but Rick and the Wife was a painful, painful scene - just not going for that At All. And I kept waiting for a Maggie/Gabriel scene that never happened.

But then the fight and the Rick vs the World with Michonne taking out Rick Ending was off the chart. I would give it an 8.5 overall. Can't wait to see how Rick is dealt with. I have a theory that he will be banished but come back with the recruiters to save the day but I am not sure how far that Wolves story line is going to progress in the last episode.

15. CaribbeanWalker

I'll give it a 7.

16. darkrosenberg

darkrosenberg Member

7.5. The acting was outstanding. Lincoln nailed it. I was scared of him and humiliated for him at the same time. He's playing a guy who has gone off the deep end, someone who has serious PTSD and can't adjust to civilian life and it's believable. Martin-Green (Sasha) was excellent as well. The story feels slightly forced at times and I was put off by the hiding in the tree scene. But overall it's a good set up and the part with the woman tied to the tree gave me chills. That might very well be the most disturbing thing I have seen on the show so far given that she was tied up naked and left to be walker food. The scene was disturbing mostly because we really don't know exactly what happened. Not knowing is a great horror movie device. Just let's your imagination wander.

17. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

Andrew Lincoln deserves a bucket of Emmys for Try

Dayum is right. Andrew Lincoln, despite his character historically being written as an indecisive idiot and sometimes super-badass, is a hell of a great actor. This episode exemplified just how great he is at going insane in a psychotic humans and zombie inhabited apocalypse.

18. Shane's ghost

Shane's ghost New Member

Me too, I lub walking dead, but I didn't lub this episode, for the reasons above, plus some other stuff. So I give it a 5. What other stuff? Oh well I'm glad you asked. First, that annoying, unnecessary irritating crappy "Run Mix" music playing for 5 minutes in the beginning - could have done all the opening scenes WITHOUT it. Second, where is Gabriel McBackstabber and why hasn't Maggie gone to the others about it. Third, they're rationing chocolate from the kitchen, but it's ok for Sasha to go on a shooting spree wasting tons of ammo on innocent walkers. And since when did Michonne and Rosita get so dumb - going outside the walls armed with only a small knife and one pistol - which, by the way apparently has an endless supply of bullets seeing as how Michonne killed like 46 walkers with it. Glad all those gunshots can't be heard by any passing swarms, cuz that would be bad. And don't even get me started on the whole rick going full shane for no good reason plot.
    ok, i'm done.

19. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I didn't see it as a direct instruction to kill Peter either. I thought Carol meant that they'd eventually get to that point whether it takes days, weeks or months etc. She was not only speaking as someone who was a victim of abuse but in the ZA it eventually comes to that with unhinged people whether it's Shane, the Governor or Gareth previously. The road eventually leads to having to put that person down.

20. KAY EL

KAY EL Member

Yup...another ill-fated blonde. :zombies_mad:Looks like two more: Jessie and Pete, are on the chopping block. :shining:Strange that their kid turn out relatively dark haired. Which means he will live (and that Pete is not the father).:zombies_lol:

#40 KAY EL, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015