Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What Do You Think Will Happen With Daryl And Merle

Discussion in 'Episode 308 - Made To Suffer' started by Phenton123, Dec 3, 2012.

1. kwb

kwb New Member

Rick will go back for Daryl and Merle will be by his side. They get back to the group and that is where Glenn says his line. Glenn was only expecting Rick to come back with Daryl. Rick going out of his way to rescue Daryl will change Merle's perception of Rick. Of course he'll still be an asshole. He has to. It's his role in the show.

2. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Sure, perhaps in the melee the Dixon bros make it back to the safety of the prison. But there is NO WAY the group accepts Merle after Glenn's interrogation session.

3. Phenton123

Phenton123 Member

I reckon Merle will come to The Prison and end up getting killed somehow

4. target tony

target tony Member

Re: What Do Yon With Daryl And Merle

i like the idea of using Merle as a agent to gather inside info for the Gov.

or

Merle sacrifices himself to allow his little brother to escape a horde of zombies attacking them. i can see Merle running into them with gun in one hand and knife attachment on the other wailing away at the zombies until they tear him apart. his screams heard by daryl as he runs away. merle then comes back as a zombie in a later episode and daryl puts and and end to him.

or

merle and daryl fight in the arena and daryl wins but escapes with looney ricks help. lol..

5. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

I see the half-cocked chick in the shorts and the baseball cap shooting Merle (or maybe Daryl and Merle takes the bullet for him). I think this is the same woman that Andrea was on the wall with that couldn't shoot a compound bow to save her life. The scene in the arena, shot at a low perspective from behind, showing her lower butt, legs, and gun-in-hand, as the crowd chanted "Kill them! Kill them! Kill them!" was just waaaay too intentional and symbolic.

#25 Hawaiian Shirt Zombie, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  6. Phenton123

Phenton123 Member

i think she will miss again

7. Z_Splatter

Z_Splatter Member

I was thinking about Merle's future and here is how I predict it will play out. Daryl & Merle will be forced to fight against each other for the town's entertainment (much like an earlier episode). Something will happen to distract to Governor (perhaps Andrea since she is not okay with the Governor hurting her friend.) Daryl will see an opening and kick some butt. He will escape with Merle and meet up with Rick. They will go back to the prison despite Glenn's concerns about Merle. Merle will have some sort of reedeming of his character, by dying for someone at the prison (likely Daryl or Michonne, or even maybe Maggie) when the Governor and his people attack.

Just an idea of what could happen.

8. RickMatz

RickMatz New Member

I think Rick will come back and rescue Daryl and Merle.

Merle would be a good addition to the defense of the prison. He is a proven fighter and knows the Governor and his capabilities to a tee. Adding Merle plus Tyrese's group makes the defense of the prison a lot more plausible.

The interesting story arc would be Rick getting Glen and Maggie to accept Merle.

If Rick doesn’t manage to bring Merle into the group, blood is thicker than water and Daryl might walk out on Team Rick. That’s a loss they can’t afford.

9. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

I reckon -

Merle and Daryl are forced to fight.. but not too much before Super-Rick comes to save to day with his little smoke grenady things (like in the preview), Rick will only want to save Daryl but Daryl will plead with Rick to let him come along. Rick, who would most definitely normally say HELL NO, being in the middle of this second Woodbury uprising - agrees - they meet back up with Glenn and Michonne - cue Glenns line...

I have no idea what would happen from here - I really love Merle's character though so I hope the keep him around for atleast a couple of episodes!

10. Sunshine

Sunshine Active Member

I think they will both survive, but then Daryl will have to decide wether to stay with the group or with his brother. Merle will try and boss him, and then he will pick the group

Maybe thats to easy though

11. ggill09

ggill09 Member

Thats a good point though. Im sure everyone remembers when Daryl was talking to Carl and said how when Merle left he was able to go play with friends. Although, as true as that is, there isnt quite a bond like between brothers. This will be a huge turning point for the show probably.

12. quickness26

quickness26 Member

My thoughts are that Merle and Daryl get saved by Rick before they fight. Daryl an Merle will both plead with Rick to allow Merle in the group. Rick agrees for the moment. The. Obviously they meet up with glen and michonne and they are pissed about this. They make it back to the prison and lock Merle up for the time being because Rick now has to deal with tyresse and his group which in turn is distracting. And I agree with one of the above posts, Merle will go out saving glen or michonne ( cuz he really didn't do much to Maggie).

13. DeafManWalks

DeafManWalks Member

Excellent outline of the possible outcomes. I would go with the first one except Merle did lie about Michonne's dimmence. This resulted in Penny being out down and his losing an eye. Merle will have not known this at the time he was labelled 'terrorist'. I can see the Gov being dastardly but not forgiving under this circumstance.

14. Phenton123

Phenton123 Member

I wonder if Merle will come to the prison

15. TheAmericaGod

TheAmericaGod New Member

I Think that he would for Daryl since it seems That Daryl is who he is closest with and I can't seem rick doing anything to make Daryl hate him.

16. TheAmericaGod

TheAmericaGod New Member

Quotes around Somehow xD if he dies he probably will have a cut from a katana

17. M.O.B.

M.O.B. New Member

Spoilers

In shows and movies I care about I try not to watch trailers or previews. I have seen too many trailers that give away the best surprises, critical plot points and joke punch lines. The moments would have been great if only I hadn't seen them in the trailers and knew what was coming or who survived.
    If you have information about an event which hasn't happened in an aired episode yet would you please use a spoiler alert.
    Thank you for your courtesy.

18. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes i think Rick will save Daryl & Merle and they'll all go back to the prison..

I'm in two minds about Merle, he's been entertaining but his time is running out on the show..

19. MIC WITT

MIC WITT Member

... which is a great loss!

20. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Unless he wanted to get him somewhere nice and quiet so he could pull a "sh*t happens" on him.