Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What exactly does the Term "Trolling" mean.

Discussion in 'Modern Warfare 3' started by Cedars2kblend, Oct 31, 2012.

1. KILL PILL

KILL PILL Well-Known Member

exactly wat you sir are doing now :D you must have google it has they say :facepalm:

2. HORSE SIX ZERO

The term Trolling has been around gaming for years. It’s been done for the sole purpose of getting under a gamer’s skin to make them do:

1. Back out-The gamer gets so upset that they’re trapped that they cannot effectively play the game.

2. Cause a death-The will fire with an non suppressed weapon and cause a gamer with an airborne killstreak to zero on not only you, but the troll. (Thank God for Ricochet in the Hardcore mode and the 3 Strikes and you’re out rule in Black Ops.)

3. Follows you unless you ‘go dark’ – Meaning, they keep coming into your lobbies and will troll you every game until everyone on your friends list shows offline.

4. Riot Shield Circle Jerk – The Riot Shield Circle Jerk is done when you get into a good ambush point to cover and objective/avenue of approach and then 2-4 riot shields show up and **** your game up because all your opponent sees is 2-4 bright red gamer tags, one well place RPG and you’re part of a mult-kill highlight reel and end up on YouTube as the guy who got troll-banged.

5. My personal favorite, last but not least – Toto – Toto is the troll who while in game will run all over the map, getting underfoot and needs to be sucked up in an F5 tornado, just to get them off of you and your teammates.

a. You have a teammate who is having a helluva game, and knows your trophy system is gone, you run like hell to get out of the way of overhead support and your killstreak goes to poo-poo because said trolls arrow slips into yours and then when the killstreak comes in, moves into your line of sight at the last minute and BOOM! Bye bye MOAB.
    b. The troll will go to each member of the team and begin tossing lethal and tactical all over your AO so you can’t see diddly shit and will get you killed.

c. The Troll will stand in front of you and ruin your line of sight, when you move to another vantage point, you can’t see squat and have to fire blindly.

All in all, the best way to not have to deal with a troll is to report them directly to XBL, save the film to your theater, have the rep go to your theater and review the footage or post to youtube and send to Candice aka Bancandy at IW. She’s really good about that.
    Also, when the match is over, OR, if you’ve backed out. Don’t send a message. That’s what they want. Don’t let em’ get under your skin. Just go to your dashboard, recent players, avoid, game behavior, unsporting conduct. Then file a complaint for system tampering.

I really wish the complaint system covered a bit more. As this would be great on the menu “TOS Violation”. That way, XBL and IW would HAVE to take you seriously instead of having to go through the headache of all of the above mentioned steps.

Be it known, if this happens to you and Moderator sees it when the troll is reported folks, the will ban you. Because you are violating the TOS.

Case in Point:
    I had a match just yesterday Tuesday, 08 Jan 13, where this troll came and trapped me in a spot on Mission that I like to basically…okay, okay, CAMP on…GOD FORBID WHAT? HE CAMPS!? Hell yes I do, even though I refer to myself as a mobile rifleman, I’m not going to leave a TRE if they’re going to keep running to their death! Duh! That would be ignorant!!!

Example: WATCH THIS!!! 20 kills in :59 on Resistance

So he comes up on me and I try to move. I turn and I say “Oh man, he’s trolling me.” “Seriously dude?” “Yeah, I’m good though. Everyone, come back to the spawn, let em rush, kill who you can, I have an idea.”

The troll is firing away, just lighting up the map right? Well, all guns on my team, go quiet. Then in comes a Pred right? “POP”. HORSE SIX ZERO DESTROYED PREDATOR MISSILE. A kill for me right? Kill a killstreak, get a kill.”

Yet, I digress. We’re on the PMC side, meaning, we spawn at the top. We have them, The Militia Team, RUSHING from the tip right and low right middle.” Bang bang bang, down goes two. Bang bang, three. One comes over the lip, bang bang (I’m using my MK14 w/RDS/XMags okay) that’s four. What do I do, I see the enemy cut the corner where he has the draw on me, he fires, I go to the crouch, TROLL dead, I pop up, Bang! Predator and DAS!

About 20 seconds later, I see the troll coming back, what do I do? I get on the rail and get in the planter! Now, the troll is in my spot and that’s where the bad guys think I AM!

Remember, my Trophy System is still active. I have one more “Pop” before it’s useless.
    What do I do? I come out of my perch, grab it, set it up by my teammate this guy is LAYING in front of and place the TS on my TM’s left side. Why? Because this guy doesn’t care. What happens, he takes off and dies. Then when he (troll) spawns back in, thinking he’s slick, he stands next to the trophy system. My buddy is underneath it now and has BS on since he’s attained SB.

Yep, another pred, Shooooooooooooooooosh “Pop”, you guessed it, HORSE SIX ZERO DESTROYED PREDATOR MISSILE!

“Thanks Horse!” “No problem bro, I know how to deal with this chump!”

The bad guy dies because of the PROXIMITY while standing up of the pred attack. A kill for the other team. So what.

Game ends, we win, CONVINCINGLY, even though this moron went 3-18.

And guess what? Yep, I do all of the above steps and then just send him a message, “You’re garbage, you don’t even know how to troll the right way.”
    Well, the 5 voicemails were rants about me how I should play MW3. What I found funny was his “1v1-2v2-3v3 me and I’ll beat your ass!”

My reply back, this is verbatim. “I tell you what son, you want to 1v1 me? Okay, we can do this. I’ll send you and your dad and whatever gaggle of morons you want, my address. Come on by, I’ll 1v1 1v2 1v3 whoever you bring. I don’t fight with punks over the internet, I handle shit like a man.”

He didn’t reply.

Trolls are players who are garbage, don’t care about their KDR or W/L and are strictly out there to make your life and the lives of other gamers miserable.

In the end, avoid and report.

HORSE SIX ZERO
    …OUT…

3. hellzowner5

hellzowner5 New Member

It means to make someone mad on purpose

4. HORSE SIX ZERO

Definition of a troll:

5. ImUndeadd

ImUndeadd Active Member

Basically annoying people saying ignorant things.

6. HORSE SIX ZERO

And that is why they'd get muted in previous games. The greatest inovation they made for the game was party chat.

7. Chillx

Chillx Member

Then basicly trolling is the same thing as griefing, destroy other peoples gamingexpirience on purpose.
    Thougth such things could get you banned?
    Personally i have no clue if someone is
    Trolling in voice chat since i muted all since day 1 :)
    Only trolling from ingame would be those doorblockers gets me killed, pretty sure its not ment for trolling 90%
    Of the times i die that way though :)

8. HORSE SIX ZERO

This is why I only run with select people Chillx. When we run, we all know where we need to be on the map to ensure that stats are enhanced every game. We never go in doorways, because we know it's a 'Fatal Funnel'.

Make em come out of out their little safety net and BOOM! Game ending kill to the babymaker! LMAO!