Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What happen to Ana and Sam?

Discussion in 'Episode 404 - Indifference' started by Franklin, Nov 4, 2013.

1. youroldpalmerle

No, I think she was grabbed/scratched/bit in her leg (or thought she was), hacked her leg off (or maybe Sam hacked it off for her) in a second, (not unlike what was done with Hershel), and then either she was dragged out the street and dropped when Sam couldn't carry her anymore or if she was alone, she couldn't run any longer because she passed out.

2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

It took several wacks with a sharp axe for Rick to get Hershel's leg off. What did Sam use? Or Ana? And if it was Ana hacking her own lerg off, how was she able to cut so straight? And what was the blood smear from the basket to the leg all about? And why wasn't there a massive blood puddle where she cut her femoral artery?

Also, I'm pretty sure she couldn't run any longer because SHE ONLY HAD 1 LEG.

3. Bubba1104

Bubba1104 New Member

This ^^^^^

4. rustybag

rustybag Member

Really? Don't there have to be quite a large amount of straws before there can finally be one to break someone's back? Rick understood why Carol was teaching the kids self defense when Carl told him she was doing that. He said he wasn't going to say anything or stop her. That would indicate he agrees with her. He also seemed to understand that whoever did that to Karen & David was trying to stop the flu from spreading, that they were the only 2 who had it up until that point and that they need to save lives and keep the place going. Rick said so to tyrese. He acknowledged how much she does for the group (especially the children), the sacrifices that she makes, at the end of episode 3, after she risks her life for the water. He also seemed to value Carol's opinion enough to ask her if bringing Sam & Ana back was the right thing to do. And prior to that he had, what, a 3 year history with her, where arguably, he was the one who was accumulating straws to eventually break peoples backs with and Carol was contributing to the group & supporting him? So how can there have been all of these "straws"?

#84 rustybag, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  5. DreamWalker

DreamWalker Member

This scene was just strange...
    Hope to see more about this in the upcoming episode!

6. Bubba1104

Bubba1104 New Member

Case Closed? Lets go ahead and reopen your case and examine it. You say she fell mostly over the gate. If my memory serves correctly this was a standard type yard fence which typically would be around 6 to 8 ft im guessing so how exactly did she just happen to fall over it?

Secondly how many Walkers have you seen that just rip off peoples arms or legs and make it a clean tear? This couldnt happen as ripping off the leg would leave veins, muscles, ligaments hanging off the part of the leg that was severed. Also Walkers typically tear off the flesh first with their teeth. I just dont think your scenerio is plausable in any way.

7. tink

tink Well-Known Member

^^ Knows.

8. B Allan Kapcia

B Allan Kapcia New Member

If I remember the scene correctly when Rick and Carol found the leg and body, they did not observe the scene with confusion, their attitude was more like “that’s a shame but things like that happen all the time now”. Rick and Carol were portrayed as having no suspicion that anything but walkers killed Ana. If they suspected foul play they would have talked about it. And the characters “saw” the leg up close (unlike us viewers) – if they suspected anything but a walker did it I assume the writers would have had them react differently.

Having said all that I’m pretty certain there is more to the Ana and Sam story. I would be shocked if Rick’s watch does not turn up again. Probably on Sam or someone who killed Sam. And if we have a situation where Rick’s like “hey man where did you get my watch” insinuating that someone killed Sam then that means…that someone killed Sam. And if someone killed Sam then I guess it’s not a stretch that someone killed Ana. This one is so ambiguous.

9. AClayeJ

AClayeJ Member

Would Rick have left Carol behind if Sam and Ana came back?

10. B Allan Kapcia

B Allan Kapcia New Member

Yes but he would have talked to her off to the side where they couldn't hear it.

I wonder if the fact that Carol took (what I assume to be) Sam and Ana's car will come to anything.

11. Darylette

Darylette Member

I wonder if the writers ever read long threads like this and think FOOLS IT MEANS NOTHING WE JUST ****ED UP THAT SHOOT HAHAHA

12. AClayeJ

AClayeJ Member

It still would've been awkward drive back.

13. AllieSinn

AllieSinn Member

I think the answer is....

It was just a poorly written scene. Nothing more.

14. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Sam has been cast in another show

15. cfunk55

cfunk55 Member

God dammit, I just wrote a ****ing ESSAY in regards to this and the damn site timed me out. Damn internet...now I start over.

- A person cannot cut their own leg off and maintain consciousness while that leg still has feeling and IF she could, no way would the directionality of her own strikes cause it to cut off at that angle. I am confident it was cut off though by a hacking instrument that would create an unclean cut as hacks do not fall precisely in the same places. Her leg was not pulled off and if there was a bite, bad move by the show for not showing it. Does the show care about this detail?...maybe not.

- Observe this picture:

https://www.google.com/search?q=wal...Mysteries_-_how_did_Ana_lose_her_leg;1024;570

... where a trail is clearly visible from the grass to where she lies. There are chunks of her flesh as well, indicating she was being eaten before being moved, whether by regaining consciousness and moving herself, or someone dragging her. We have had zero evidence that walkers ever drag/move/relocate their food. (don't get me started on Lori's body, which SHOULD have been where Carl shot her and had some kind of leftovers for Rick to find near that bloated walker)

- I question the amount of blood in the picture around her neck and right side of her head. The throat appears intact but there is obvious expulsion of blood from the mouth which means the leg severance did not immediately kill her. This could mean a blow to the side of the head? Incidentally, I see no head injury to indicate she would not be "turning" soon after Rick & Carol saw her.

- Two things... I thought Ana and Sam were going out searching separately to cover more ground? This doesn't mean Sam couldn't attack, but makes it less likely. Also, was the fence gate closed and did it open towards her leg or away? Was it spring-operated? Because walkers don't close gates.

- I believe Sam was also killed or detained because Ana's death is not a reason for him to disappear, even if he was responsible or unable to save her. People die in this world and most others don't ask or investigate HOW at this point.

My suspicion is that Sam was abducted. So here is what we know irrefutably:

Ana was initially surprised or attacked in the yard, dropping the basket. Her leg is severed by someone else and the eating begins there or somewhere along the outside yard before the driveway. THERE IS NO REASON TO ASSUME ANYTHING NEW ABOUT THE WALKERS... they don't move their food, they don't pull off limbs, and if a leg was lying on the ground they don't stop for it when a perfectly good body is crawling away. She was alive when she reached that driveway, either being carried or dragged by another living person, and was left there because she told them to go or they decided to go.

I think the cannibals will be coming soon, they might already have Sam and I believe they grabbed Beth. You heard it here first.

16. PromethiumOxide

PromethiumOxide New Member

I do believe this is still about the clocks, as they've been dished around between multiple people who've all seemed to kill people after Dale ( nooooo dale...) quoted his father quoting "Son, I give you this watch not so that you will remember time but for a fraction of a second you can forget it."
    Still can't think of a future without Dale & Jim.

17. XpTaoZ

XpTaoZ New Member

In the new series (series 5) in the first episode you see sam get brutally murdered and then get his throat cut at terminus

18. XpTaoZ

XpTaoZ New Member

I guess he followed the signs that followed the tracks leading to terminus just as everyone else has