Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What relevance did Cabin guy make?

Discussion in 'Episode 503 - Four Walls and a Roof' started by JEA13, Oct 27, 2014.

1. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Just curious what viewers thought about the relevance to story of having Cabin guy still be alive? I thought he directly would harm someone in group but my prediction was wrong .So did it matter that he was still alive and if so how did it add to story? Opinions please.

2. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

1- Due to his proximity to our group he may have been instrumental in allowing the 'Hunters' to get a fix and track em down.
    2- Casts doubt on Tyreese's ability to do the deed, especially in those crisis moments.

3. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Other than Gareth, what relevance did any of the termites make? There needed to be more than one Termite.

4. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

But having a specific named character whom was supposedly killed leads to unresolved question, did Tyreese deliberately not kill him ?
    I guess its individual taste whether one believes that adds to or distracts from story being told. I think leaving him alive allowed Gareth to have some knowledge about others in group (Judith, Tyreese, Carol) with which to taunt the group in the church so I believe in did serve an additional purpose . Just wanted to see if other viewers thought there was more to it.

5. Bernadette

Bernadette Well-Known Member

I suppose he gave Gareth the info on Carol and that she killed his mother? So he was needed for that, and to tell Gareth Judith's name so he could write it down on his clipboard.

6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I guess to me I don't need to have the questions answered RIGHT THIS MINUTE. Tyreese leaving the guy alive may be answered later, or not at all and it was only there to show us Tyreese's state of mind regarding killing people.

7. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

another possible thought is to show us that all the terminus people were bad humans and needed to finished.

8. CorpseKiller

CorpseKiller Member

He didn't know Carol killed his mother. Actually, no one witnessed Carol shoot her and leave her to the Walkers.

9. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

He was acting as Gareth's lieutenant.

10. Bernadette

Bernadette Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Gareth pieced it together with the infor Martin had.

11. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Chad Coleman(Tyreese) gave his thoughts on the 'Talking Dead', concerning the character Tyreese taking out cabin guy/Termite. He stated, due to the blood seeping from the kids ears, he believed he had killed him.

12. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

I just thought it was funny how he acted when they surrounded the termites in the church. "There's no choice" "Yes there is" He knew he was going to die, he was just enjoying the whole thing.

13. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Well Martin was the one who knocked out and captured Bob outside the church, so in essence, he contributed to Bob's death in a way. I think he played a major factor in the dynamic for these last couple episodes. For Tyreese, Sasha and others as well.

14. steely

steely Well-Known Member

to show how big a punk tv tyreese is??

15. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

He was relevant for Tyreese.

Tyreese hesitated to kill Martin. Martin spent most of No Sanctuary telling Tyreese that they lived in a "kill or be killed" world. Martin being alive, and being there to kidnap and eat Bob and come back for the rest of the group proved that to him. He feels responsible for letting Martin live (whether he knew at the time that Martin was alive or not).

Hence his growth at the end of the episode where Tyreese put down Bob, who he feels that he let down by not killing Martin. He's starting to realise that he can't be afraid to hurt people anymore, because people aren't afraid to hurt them.

16. Wombat

Wombat Member

my belief too. Cabin guy witnessed Carol in Rambo mode & would have then realised she was the outsider responsible for the carnage that occurred later at Terminus. And yes, He also would have given Gareth the extra creepy knowledge of Judith's name.... To use as a taunt against rick's group.

besides that.... Cabin guy demonstrated to us that chewing gum is still available in the ZA. ;)

17. Zombombie

Zombombie Member

I just kinda answered this a second ago on another thread lol.

I think Martin was important for two reasons.

First was to "progress" Tyreese, He doesnt want to kill, so he left Martin alive, also think to his comment at the end of the episode, he thinks hes lost his humanity, and hes fighting within himself atm, So not killing martin and imo him digging graves for the hunters is going a long way into developing Ty into a more complex character.

Secondly, this is what i touched on in the other thread, Martin was important to Humanize Gareth, Gareths actions were terrible, yet he did it for his "family", he did it to protect them and to feed them. Martin showed zero empathy for anyone, even distancing himself from the other terminus survivors by admitting they are not friends just "assholes" he lives with, Martin had no reasoning to his philosophy of having to kill (this point also applies to Ty development)

18. Indisposed

Indisposed Member

He was relevant because he was a character the audience was connected to and wanted to see be killed. The rest of The Hunters were only pointed out by name in this episode, and the audience really had no connection to them at all besides seeing them eat Bob. People wanted to see Martin killed, not only for eating Bob, but also for putting his hands around Judith's neck and threatening to kill her.

19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Its another piece of Tyreese's struggle with the consequences of his antiviolence stance. I think a better director would have showcased Tyreese's reaction a bit better when Gareth suggested that Martin was still alive. A close up of his face, with sudden horror and guilt written on it. But we may still address it later. Although on The Talking Dead Chad claimed that Tyreese actually did think he killed Martin, so its really unclear what they are getting at, unless they just needed Martin as a gimmick to allow the other Termites to piece together exactly what happened that caused Terminus to fall.

20. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Chad was totally lying on TTD.