Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What;s up with Carol?

Discussion in 'Episode 410 - Inmates' started by luvmichonne, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

I think she saw Lizzie smothering Judith and had to stop her and it shook her up. Then seeing Ty added to it.

2. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking, too...lots of possibilities of how this could all play out, if that is the case.

3. luvmichonne

luvmichonne Member

Same here. That is why I think its about to get crazy. She was really weird. I know her character has changed a lot, but this was strange. Something is going on for sure.

4. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

They showed a short piece by Melissa McBride during Talking Dead regarding her motivations at that point.

I don't know if I should watch such things, at least not before a few days have passed. It's like looking up the answers in the back of the book.

5. cakebythepound

I definitely noticed this. Like others have said, maybe she saw Lizzie trying to smother the baby, but I feel like they would've played that up a little bit more if that were the case. I don't know what else it could be, though.

6. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Well she was most likely pretty scared that once Ty saw her she thought he might kill her. Didn't Rick tell Carol that one of the reasons he can't have her come back is because of Tyreese and his threat that he would kill the person who offed Karen? So for that reason I would think she was obviously a little apprehensive when he first turned around and saw her there with the girls.

Then she lied about what really happened on the run with Rick, not wanting to open that can of worms just yet, so that probably made her seem odd in her behavior because of the guilt and also shock of realizing that Ty didn't know she confessed to the killing.

It's just my thoughts, but I would think her behaviour/demeanor was understanable at first, will be interesting to see how it all plays out now after this series of events.

7. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I think she expected Rick to have already told Tyreese what she did, so she was being defensive and worried about Tyreese explosion on her. In her position, won't you be worried to see Tyreese rather than excited??

8. Chickadee

Chickadee Member

I think Carol will probably return to the group, but that doesn't mean all is forgiven.

I'm still thinking Carol may actually come clean to Ty on her own. I want her to redeem herself. If they reunite with the rest of the group, and Rick has to tell Ty (or doesn't tell him at all), she's going to lose even more points in my book.

I want Carol back, but I also can't believe that everything would be water under the bridge. Open arms and warm smiles would be a stretch. I can definitely see them grudgingly letting her return, however. If she does actually help keep baby Judith alive, I think Rick will be more lenient. I think he'll come to understand that she did what she thought she had to to help everyone, and she wants to continue to help. She cares about the core group.

As for Ty, I imagine him losing his cool like he did with Allen. I think he will stop seconds away from going too far and really hurting or killing Carol.

If Carol really did cover for Lizzie, I don't think she'll be let back into the group. Killing two people in a (completely misguided) attempt to save more people was at least done with the best of intentions. Allowing someone who kills for fun to roam free in the prison with the people she should care about would be unforgivable, imo.

9. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Yes, but even after it was obvious Ty didn't know (he thought she had come back w/Rick) she didn't seem relieved to have found the girls or Judith.

10. thewalkingmummy

i was a bit disappointed with Daryl's reaction when Rick told him. He accepted it too easily. I'm not sure there is a chance of any relationship there. Carol's on her own now.

11. Moral Compass

Moral Compass Member

That's true, if the writers were to make Caryl happen now it would seem kind of forced, like they were just trying to appease the fans.

12. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Really looking forward to the dynamic between Carol and Tyreese over the next few weeks. Will the truth come out? Will Carol keep everything a secret as long as possible? Will she somehow be able to redeem herself to Tyreese? So many possibilities.

Carol was acting different in Inmates because she was unsure of what Tyreese knew. She'll probably keep acting strange out of guilt.

13. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I was disappointed with Daryl's reaction too. Just goes to show the writing staff got too caught up with the "dynamic duo" concept.

Carol's exile should be the end of the Rick and Daryl friendship, like Lori's pregnancy ended Rick and Shane's friendship.

14. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

What bothered me the most was his line to Rick about going to tell Tyreese. Why would he want to be the good soldier and now accomnpany Rick on that endeavor? At least if he had walked away and didn't say anything they could've filled in some of the blanks later, or left it up to the audience's interpretation. It would've added more intrigue and tension too when Rick and Daryl finally reunite in 4B.

15. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I'll chalk up Daryl's semi-angry reaction as more bad news for an exhausted man.

If the Governor's arrival at the prison didn't interrupt Rick's talk with Tyreese, I think Daryl would've leapt to Carol's defense. The news that the woman he has the strongest relationship with recently killed two sick people to save the group was a lot to process.

16. Flesh Eater

Flesh Eater Well-Known Member

I hope the show reveals whether Carol caught Lizzy smothering Judith or not and if she did what is she going to do about it? I hope we get good Carol back and not the weird completely out of character Carol we had in the first part of this season.

Lizzy is a freak and someone needs to put that one down. She's dangerous in more ways than one. Killing those rabbits and stuffing them in a log...uh hellooooooooooo, that's food. The look on her face smothering Judith...man, she creeps me out.

By the way, sorry hi everyone!

17. JoeLovesCarol

JoeLovesCarol Member

we don't really know Daryl's full reaction. He demanded they go break the news to Tyrese, and probably wouldn't have left that discussion until it was all mutually agreed that Carol was to be let back into the group. I'm not giving up on the Caryl relationship just yet.