Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What the heck is that new fangled contraption?!

Discussion in 'Episode 305 - Say The Word' started by Skullberry, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

At the burmese zombie pit trap there is this thingamabob with these spinning tube drums. it almost looks like a widmill of some sort but it's solar powered. It was also making this thrumming noise some how. My guess is that it's a zombie attracter. to get them to fall in the pit. this is similar to an idea I had if I was the gov of some settlement....or at least a member, dont know if i'd want to be a gov.

I'd put a noise maker of some sortg at what would have been the busiest intersection of a nearby town. then, at semi regular intervals (once a week or less) drive a big honkin truck thru the center of town mulching as many zoms as possible. eventually all nearby zoms would be thinned. then they would have to commute to trouble the settelment. call it herd management.

I could also see enemy camps using herds as W.M.D's. ( weapons of mass destruction) against eachother. get a big herd all riled and following a lead car towards the competion. I could see it happening if the zompocalypse were real.

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

noise maker like you said I guess.

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I believe this was addressed on Talking Dead, but yes.....it creates noise to attract the walkers.

4. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Wait... I don't remember this at all.

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

it's shown right before merle and the others grab the zombies/

6. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Was it that weird... pole thing?

7. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    that.

8. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Wouldn't that all be a moot point if you simply dug a deep trench around your town with a drawbridge? Then every so often burn out the trench. Zed's aren't exactly the smartest or nimblest of creatures.

9. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

I'm working on a variation of that in the 'Casey's Journey' story.

10. Dead man walking

I think it must originally have been someones crude homemade power supply pre apocalypse. The solar panels and the large diameter spiro ducts together would actually both generate electricity rather than the solar panels creating electricity to turn the spiro ducts. I think these Gov's guys have just found it, modified it with 'soup ladles' to make sound to attract walkers and dug a hole for them to fall into. Certainly these grunts haven't built this as the sole purpose to attract walkers. It was clearly already there. If Rick's group want to survive somewhere in the future they also need to set up a similar system to provide them with electricity, then they do not really need fuel. Just some large batteries for charging.

11. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

A bulldozer would sort out a herd of zombies.

A larger mining bulldozer or truck would sort out a large herd of zombies..

12. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Not moot at all. Indeed, a nifty lil contraption and set up a small distance from Woodbury, away from the towns occupants visibility. The Governors control and percieved safety he provides is all about false perceptions. The out of sight out of mind thingy works pretty well in this case.

13. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I was just pointing out that if you were to surround your town with a deep trench it would probably work the same way.

14. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Zackly. Probably quite a few Zed defences. This design follows along the bug zapper concept. Keep the mosquitoes out of the iced down drinks during your ZA block party ...and again the out of sight out of mind thingy.

15. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

LOL! This was one of my favorite scenes this season! Between The Gov's "Get more griss for the mill" and Merle's cussing at zombies while yanking out their teeth... PRICELESS!

16. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

You'd need an excavator & alot of diesel fuel to dig a trench around the perimeter. Take far too long with shovels etc ..

Good idea though..

17. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Not saying it doesn't have it's pitfalls...no pun intended...but there are probably a few ways to keep a town/city safe, it's just that these people aren't organized enough to do it. Imagine if Woodbury was a survival camp. They could probably take a smaller city AND set up a working perimeter in a week.

18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

It's not just a false perception though. If you put this up right next to town it would attract zombies TO your town. Better to put it away from town so that it will lead zombies away, no?

19. DJEvvo

DJEvvo Active Member

I think a large hole and a dead animal or two would have the same effect and require less effort. String the carcass up above the hole, zombies drop into it. Would require a fair bit of maintenance though, as if it was successful, I imagine it would fill up rather quickly. I'm sure those 'lurkers' could be used effectively as some kind of zombie repellant, although I'm not exactly sure how... I'm quite sure that the Guv'nor has some plans for their use, though. He did seem very interested in Michonne's ugly friends.

20. Pistachio

Pistachio Member

He used them for his little gladiator show. I think he was interested in Michonne's friends because they were actually kept as pets and it was something to learn from.