Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What was up with the weird zombie flashes

Discussion in 'Episode 212 - Better Angels' started by Howard33, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Howard33

Howard33 Member

I understand there was likely a bit of foreshadowing in the whole thing, but the zombie hot flashes were abit weird. Oh, and how the hell did Carl find them when it looked like Shane and Rick walked damn near through the whole woods?

2. xXNorthWeaponXx

xXNorthWeaponXx New Member

That's what I was wondering. That was a bit scary and freaky, at first I thought Shane was becoming into some Resident Evil mutant zombie... LOL! But I guess not, it was possibly just close ups of what was going on inside of him? Who knows. But no, the killing happened in the Farm in front of the house. Behind Carl was Hershels house.

One thing, what happened at the end with the zombies looking back and when the camera was zooming away from them. I'm really curious

3. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

I really disliked the zombie flashes. Does not belong in this show in my opinion.

4. Howard33

Howard33 Member

when they did the overhead zooming away shot, you see a horde of zombies coming out of the woods into the field where Rick and Carl are. They were drawn by Carl's gun fire.

5. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I took the zombie flashes to mean that this was what was going on inside Shane's head, like the turning point where they get the lust for fresh blood and flesh like.

6. Howard33

Howard33 Member

Was just plain weird. I'm not sure if the implications were that was what was going on in Shane's brain while the virus was in the process of reanimating him, or if it was all just for tone and atmosphere during the reanimation. If so, what was the point? We all know the dead eat you and its all gross and scary-like. lol

7. xXNorthWeaponXx

xXNorthWeaponXx New Member

I could see the Director made a mistake, Shane reanimates without being infected. However in the first episode, there are simply dead people. Who knows?

8. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

But twice in one episode? Where they have Daryl make it a point to talk about how Randall wasn't bitten? I don't think that was a mistake, that was on purpose to indicate that it doesn't take a bite to cause some one to turn.

9. DarylFan

DarylFan New Member

I just thought it was thoughts going on through Ricks head, stuff that he has seen over the last 2 seasons. And this was a normal death (in a sense) that can't compare to death by a walker.

10. Peanut Q. Public

NNOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was TOTALLY an homage to the comics! when loud things happened, on SEVERAL occasions, the comic would show the action, interlaced with the faces of the hungry zombies that were overhearing the action, and then the comic would end with the cliffhanger of seeing the horde vs. the survivors and what's up with them while the zombies are hording.

11. BloodLustKitty80

The flashes were simply what was goin on in Shanes mind as he reanimated. After Rick stabbed him, it was clear that Shane wasnt quite dead yet as u can see his mouth still moving slowly as life slipped from him. Then u see the film glaze over his eyes as all walkers look once they begin to reanimate(remember Amy as she turned). With all viruses, they mutate and transform to survive their environment. Its not irregular for this virus to evolve from a contact spread to an airborne one. Think about it, when it 1st broke out everyone was within close vicinity of one another and the virus could quickly and easily be spread through contact of boduly fluids such as bites and scratches and the virus didnt need nor have time to mutate to survive. But now there are less people and they are all spread out and the virus is inside of its host for longer periods of time without being "fed" so to speak. Thus, evolving to survive...idk, just my opinion :zombies_lol:

12. ReconJack

ReconJack New Member

I agree with zambi.

The flashes were like a re-boot of the mind that appears to occur after death into this horrific state.
    How the latter would make any difference is unknown ~ unless in a very slow manner it is taking over the body but more aggressive once dead.
    Perhaps, this type of virus is a slow death that will take time since the immune system is trying to fight it off.

"Time is like a predator, we can try to outrun it with doctors, medicine & excercise but in the end time will hunt you down and make the kill"

#12 ReconJack, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  13. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Yeah, I think they were going for dramatic affect and I just kind of found it oddly confusing.

14. Geek the Lamebrain

This is an interesting take. They heard Rick and Shane talking, and then they heard Carl shoot Shane. And they were definitely hording...

15. leafwolf

leafwolf New Member

It's showing you that rick knows that they are all infected and if you die you become a zombie. maybe the original dead people had not been infected yet but now all humans that have come in contact with or maybe breathed the virus are now infected so u die ...u zombie. and as far as the kid WHO IS WATCHING HIM???????? When he shows shane the gun he says "what are you doing wondering around alone?" he should have said " I do it all the time cuz the writers are idiots or single LMFAO. SERIOUSLY this is starting to make this show hard to watch for me ...it's like a thorn in my brain. The kid..who should be locked down at night pops up like the watchers on fringe ..what a joke ..they should fix this or the kid should at least get his ass whipped JEEEZ!!!!!

16. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

I don't like the flashes either, but they already did it with Jim when he was bitten and had the fever so I think its something we just have to deal with from time to time since they already did it in season 1

17. notwalkerbait

notwalkerbait New Member

Really? I thought it was pretty neat. You know, to see what happens JUST as you turn. It was at that point my son and I were screaming "he's changing!" This episode was scary and totally worth the hour I spent glued to the couch!!

18. RickFan22

RickFan22 Member

I think your right, I haven't read much of the comics but that makes a lot of sense, Also what Zambi said about what was going on in Shanes head that makes good sense too... I think it could easily be either.

19. notwalkerbait

notwalkerbait New Member

I agree with your annoyance with Carl running around on his own so much. I'm positive if I lived in a zombie filled world my boys (12 and 13) would be in my site at all times.Carl's how old? 10 or 11? I really like the turn the show took with people dying of something besides being killed by and then turning. And I loved the zombie flashes. I took it as what Shane was seeing as he turned. It was scary and who knows, maybe thats what they all see right before they turn.

20. JFAN

JFAN Member

I agree with some of the other post that it was some type of brain reboot. Remember it starts out with a black screen then a few flashes, then quick black screen, then more flashes. All of the flashes seem to show biting and blood. Kind of like a training film of what the zombie needs to do in order for the virus to live.