Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Whats the story behind those guys Ty tried to save

Discussion in 'Episode 410 - Inmates' started by luvmichonne, Feb 17, 2014.

1. luvmichonne

luvmichonne Member

Ok so those guys by the railroad that were being attacked. I think there is going to be more to that. Maybe it is just bad writing, but those guys pointed the girls and Ty to Terminius, so they were probably from there, but why were they in that state then? You would think that anyone being sent out to do something from a camp like Terminius would be well armed, well trained, and have more people with them. These guys just looked like a small group trying to survive. I just don't understand why they were found that way if they had come from somewhere like Terminius. Were they escaping? Going back to their families? But why would they do it alone after being at a camp that sounds so great?

2. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think that's a plot point we'll just to have to wait and see about when we finally find out what this Terminus is.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

4. PipForever

PipForever Member

Maybe they were exiled like Carol? Anything is possible.

I highly doubt we will get much more, if any, of their background. Their deaths were just to throw us off. Or rather, to throw Daryl and Beth off. Make them think that the prison members were dead.

5. luvmichonne

luvmichonne Member

Very true. I'm kind of getting sick of having so many questions. Questions are good but too many are going unanswered, very irritating.

6. HeadlessHershel

I haven't read the comics but I got the impression the people by the tracks were some random group on the way to Terminus. They probably heard about it or saw another sign posted somewhere but that place sounds too good to be true and it has an ominous name—Terminus means end of the line.

7. Matt

Matt Member

The general consensus from what I've seen is that these two were the last of their group and heading towards Terminus (we're to assume they heard the radio message and or saw the signs). As for why they didn't appear to be armed at all, that's pretty baffling, I agree.

Some people have speculated that they're Hunters trying to lure Carol and the rest into a trap, but that doesn't really make much sense to me. It just seems way too elaborate and contrived. They're willing to commit suicide (by letting themselves get devoured) to lure them? That's hard enough to swallow without thinking of what the point would've been if their planned victims didn't follow their 'sincere' advice to follow the tracks.

#7 Matt, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  8. sargentcrunch

sargentcrunch Member

I think its funny that everything that someone doesn't understand is 'bad writing' or that EVERYTHING needs to be some huge plot point. Its just showing that there are other survivors, it threw us off with the Daryl and Beth tracking, it gave Carol a chance to be introduced at a distance from Tyreese to see how they would meet. Tyreese thought it was Sasha or someone else. They also probably would of went back into the woods if it weren't for that guy telling them about Terminus. Carol said "the woods have more cover", so chances are they would of headed right back into the woods for the night and never followed the tracks to find the Terminus sign. Those people weren't pointless, nor was it lazy/bad writing.

9. Neuropyramidal

LOL, TWD is fairly straight forward and tame compared to many shows. Its ok to make us use our cerebrum once in awhile. Now Lost had a lot of unanswered questions.

10. leftfield89

leftfield89 Member

There were two men, a woman and a boy. The woman and boy were being devoured when Tyreese came upon them. The older man had a rifle, but must have been out of ammo. The younger guy had a bat and killed a couple of walkers before being bit in the arm and then leg.

I'm sure they were heading towards Infernum.

11. luvmichonne

luvmichonne Member

I guess it just seems strange that they are so sure its a safe place, yet they haven't been there or are leaving there. For all they know those are old signs and the place is overrun. And don't try to pretend there isn't a lot of bad writing going on. I know its a show but some of the stuff this season is so out there or so boring. I slept through the first few episodes. And really? No plan for an attack like this? I don't think so

12. luvmichonne

luvmichonne Member

I agree. Compared to Lost this is a cakewalk. I just mean that there are a lot of meaningless things happening, or unclear messages

13. ILove_TheGov

ILove_TheGov Member

That scene was all for nought. Tyreese was such an ass for leaving two children (one homicidal, btw) and a baby alone in the woods in the zombie apocalypse to die to try to rescue people that all died anyway. I will shed no tears when he dies.

14. antonyzac

antonyzac New Member

I'm wondering whether that radio signal Daryl got during their meds run in the first half of season 4 has anything to do with it...

15. Neuropyramidal

Well, clarity is often in the nostril of the beholder. ;)

Those meaningless things are quite so meaningless oft times...

16. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

They were just red-shirts, however what I do dislike in The walking dead is that these people have survived a long time they meet now and yet are useless it seems. How did they survive so long when whenever the group ever meet people they die straight away.

17. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

They were a bunch of Boneheads. All they had to do was run away.. Slow moving zombies, i

18. sargentcrunch

sargentcrunch Member

Name one thing you think is bad writing, and I bet there is a reason for it.

19. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

My question is what is the group in general? Could it be the ASZ?

20. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

So the show is bad because you think it's bad? What kind of thinking is this? There are a few shows that bore me, but I don't think they're bad shows. Mad Men is a show I couldn't get into but it doesn't look awful.