Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What's your favourite zombie game?

Discussion in 'Zombie Video Games' started by ColdWorld93, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Strife

Strife Member

zombies ate my neighbours

2. SteelerFan

SteelerFan Member

RE2 is the best of all time, hands down. TWD season 1 was pretty bad ass for the more recent games in the genre.

3. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

Currently, the best zombie game would have to be State of Decay. Unlike the Resident Evil games, it doesn't have super mutants and cults that are infected with things that cause them to mutate when you shoot them. It just relies almost entirely on Romero's zombie lore, and is also very TWD like. There's an expansion for it called Breakdown that just lets you go on and on building up your community and recruiting new people, and you can switch to various characters when the character you're playing as gets injured or dies. And once one of your characters dies, they stay dead just like TWD.

In my opinion, its one of the best action oriented zombies games. But what would have put it over the top would have been if it had some human enemies. What makes TWD so much better than so many zombie stories out there is that the living are usually a far bigger threat than the dead, and that brings a sense of realism to the story because lets be real, if our system came crashing down, there'd possibly be more out there doing bad things rather than good. The US has one of the biggest prison populations, but it would be even larger if it wasn't for the fact some actually are scared of prison. So if you were to take the risk of prison out of the picture, I think all hell would break loose and you'd have lots of guys like Joe and Negan roaming about. I heard they're working on State of Decay 2 and if so, I imagine it'll be a lot better since the developers have been listening to the players and getting a lot of ideas, so I think there will be some human bad guys, and probably a multiplayer option since so many gamers these days aren't happy unless there's the ability to play online.

4. gadin210

gadin210 Member

My favorite zombie game is both of the left 4 deads. I loved those games! I think they are designed well, and played amazingly!

5. Corten

Corten New Member

L4D2, hands down. It's so much fun to play with 3 other friends. Especially the versus mode. Competitive trashtalk was always a common occurrence during our gaming sessions.

6. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I'd definitely go with Left 4 Dead 2. I got it for free too! But the gaming atmosphere its pretty awesome. It's not the super nicest graphics, but gameplay wise, it is awesome! It just feels really fun to play, especially when you have a group of friends to play with. Definitely would recommend it to those who are into zombie games!

7. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

I recommended State of Decay earlier but for those who are tempted, hold off until next week. They're re-releasing it with new goodies and updated graphics.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/329430/

I need a new gpu.. dammit.

8. Lupey

Lupey Member

Lollipop Chainsaw

9. jadejaws

jadejaws New Member

How is "Last of Us" not mentioned more?
    That game was life changing. Probably one of my favorite games of all time regardless of genre.

Telltale The Walking Dead both seasons were very good.

Dead Island was fun. Not a lot of story to it, but fun.

10. ColdWorld93

ColdWorld93 New Member

Oh definitely, the last of us was amazing.

Currently playing zombie army trilogy, not much to it other than slaughtering zombies still fun nonetheless

11. Jay Bonansinga

As amazing as the Telltale WD games are I still like Left for Dead 2 better. Now if you include The Last of Us in that genre that is by far the best game.

Last of Us>Resident Evil 4>Left 4 Dead 2>Resident Evil 1>Telltale WD games>Evil Within>Dying Light>Dead Rising 2>Dead Nation>Resident Evil 5>Dead Rising 3>Dead Island>Plants Vs Zombies>State of Decay

Never played DI riptide,Left for Dead 1, Dead Rising 1 and can't remember the rest of the Resident Evil games. I have heard how many people like State of Decay and gave it about 4-5 hours worth of gameplay but couldn't get into it. I usually gravitate toward Playstation over Xbox despite having both so I am sure that influenced my decision to not play it as long.

12. Puggles

Puggles Member

Love so many of these but Left for Dead 2 was my favorite. I am getting ready to buy RE Revelations for Nintendo 3ds. Anyone play it? Will be fun to try the series on a handheld.

13. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

I love the Resident Evil games too, they are the best. After that probably the Silent Hill games which are zombieish. Also House of the Dead 2.

14. leonard_tepper

I like the night and day zombie mission from Starcraft 2: Wings Of Liberty. Probably the Telltale Games for me as for as one single game.

15. Starscreamer

Starscreamer New Member

Resident Evil 2 & 4 :Chainsaw:

16. Smoke

Smoke New Member

The last of us
    the best game ever :zombies_lol:

17. Logan812

Logan812 New Member

Top 5:
    5. Left 4 Dead 2
    4. The Last of Us
    3. The Walking Dead TellTales game
    2. Resident Evil 2
    1. Resident Evil 3

18. Offensive_Otaku

Offensive_Otaku New Member

House of the dead games were great

19. mocsok84

mocsok84 New Member

ZRaiders

Hi!

My old favorite was the online pc game: The Last Stand: Dead Zone.
    Nowadays my favorite is an Android app: Zombie Raiders. Zombie Survival pvp game. Its a free app. Still in beta, so there are some bugs, devs are a bit slow, but the game makes you total addicted.

20. BulletofBullets

BulletofBullets Active Member

The Last Of Us
    The story line is so emotional and well written, the graphics are just awesome, and there's some references to TWD!

• Winner Winner x 1