Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Where are they?"

Discussion in 'Episode 1010 - Stalker' started by BlackBird, Mar 2, 2020.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

One of the most interesting part of this episode for me was this question.

1. First time it was asked by Daryl, totally unexpectedly. What has happened between the previous episode and this one that we have missed? Will we get to see it? Will we get to find out? The question suggests that Daryl has somehow figured it out that the girls are no longer in the cave, and Alpha must have captured them. How? A little montage of the process might have been helpful here. Unless: he doesn't mean Connie and Magna by "they", but Aaron, Kelly and Jerry. We saw the three following Daryl at the end of the last episode, and now he's alone.

2. At the end of the episode, the question is asked by Gabriel, when we see Aaron return to Alexandria on his own. For me this was the most chilling part of the whole episode: Aaron's face as he was telling them they didn't all get out of the cave and how they got separated. What the hell happened there? Where are Kelly and Jerry?

So we finally got an answer to Lydia's wherabouts, and her final decision on where her loyalty lays.
    But we have Connie, Magna, Kelly, Jerry and Carol out there at least in three different places... Where are they? Not to mention lover boy Negan missing from the episode, apparently still basking in the afterglow somewhere near Lovenest La Trine.

Anyone has picked up any more clues to this question regarding our missing survivors?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The "where are they" that Daryl was asking I believe is about Connie and Magna. Jerry and Kelly likely returned to Hilltop. Carol is where she belongs, by herself. Daryl went off alone at the end of the last episode to try and get back into the cave, and when we pick it up again we see him still in the same area. So I'm guessing he saw them take those two out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

If Magna and Connie were taken out of the cave by Alpha than that really should have been something shown onscreen. Sounds like it may be a situation that they are trying to work around schedules with those two actresses if they aren't showing something like that in the actual show.

If Jerry and Kelly did return to Hilltop they should have had at least one line said in the previous episode that they are going to Hilltop.

I'm just ready for this whole Whisperer story to end.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. walkon

walkon Active Member

". . I'm just ready for this whole Whisperer story to end."

Oh yeah, #me2. Can't end soon enough for me.

Where is Carol? Why she's about to rise like a phoenix from the ashes of her shattered dreams. . . stronger, smarter, and deadly. . . bawhahahaha!

• Like Like x 1
  6. BlackBird

Wow! I didn't think of that possibility! But then wouldn't he have followed them to see where they took them? Why wouldn't he know? I was thinking he might have found his way back into the cave and found them gone, and didn't see them coming out as walkers either, so he just presumed they were taken captive.

I got the feeling at the end of the last episode that the three of them were going to go with Daryl to help him get the two girls out. Kelly said "we can't stay here, we can't help them if we are dead" and it just doesn't make sense that she wouldn't go and try to help to rescue her sister and friend. After all they've been through, wouldn't they want to stay together? Of course they also needed to warn the two communities, and certainly couldn't trust Carol to actually do as she was told and go back to Alexandria. In fact she absolutely didn't, no surprise there.

Too bad, but it is unfortunately true right now. She just puts everyone in danger. Alone she might be able to do something amazing, without costing the rest of them.

I sure hope so!! :D

7. BlackBird

Lol. But then what? All this excitement will be over, two awesome villains will be gone, we will have buried some beloved characters, and we'd be onto the next group of adversaries... it's just how this story rolls. :D

• Like Like x 2
  8. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

To be honest Alpha and Beta are just as over the top and cartoonish as Negan from seasons 7 and 8 were. A lot of the villains in the comic were over the top as well but it's often more accepted in that medium than it is on tv. Luckily by the time Commonwealth rolled around Kirkman had matured as a writer and made the characters their a little more realistic which will probably translate to the show better.

9. BlackBird

Well, that's something to look forward to then. You're absolutely right about the cartoonish characters. It all started with Ezekiel, then Jadis, Negan... the show just sort of changed genre somewhat for a while. I must admit, I prefer characters when they're more fleshed out and stripped down to their core. The good thing is that eventually we got there with all these initially cartoonish characters.

10. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Alpha is just too over the top for me. I didn't read the comics. The ending of this episode where she seems like she was on an acid trip is not believable to me, kind of reminds me of those superhero movies trying to force a transformation or birth of a villain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BlackBird

Ha! It was just like that. I guess first she was delirious from the blood loss then she just got seriously pissed and used her wrath and hurt to get her to this completely liberated state of mind when she has now convinced herself to be invincible. All that bullshit coming out of her mouth, good lord. Whilst all Daryl wanted to know on his coming-to, how long he was asleep for, because he ain't have no time for shit like being unconscious when he has people to protect. I actually really enjoyed the contrast, and the recital of the mantra at the end.

12. Stealth

If it did happen it will likely be a flashback they show, perhaps even the opening of the next episode. Or maybe they just show them entering the Whisperer camp. It adds some mystery to what Daryl is talking about. For me it's not a big deal.

13. Stealth

This is possible too. It could be a misdirect and they're still trapped somewhere in the cave systerm. Like I said in my previous post it adds some mystery to their whereabouts for the next episode, or maybe more, and that's fine for me.

14. BlackBird

I agree it’s interesting they play it like a bit of a mystery, generally speaking that’s fun, but if you’re emotionally invested in the characters who are affected, which I thoroughly am, then it’s maddeningly frustrating! :(

• Agree Agree x 1