Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Where is Lilly?

Discussion in 'Episode 410 - Inmates' started by Tom Thompson, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Tom Thompson

Tom Thompson Member

What happened to Lilly? Are we to presume she died, following Tara's explanation?

If not dead, why was she the only character not to be shown in the first two episodes? It seems silly. Even Carol returned with a few minutes of screen time. Not to mention Bob, Lizzy & Mika.

If she is dead, is there a reason we didn't get to see it?

2. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

Her story was over and it's clear she died. How could she survive? Everything doesn't have to be shown to us on screen.

3. agadu2

agadu2 Member

I got a feeling she will pop up before the end of the season. To be honest if we didn't see her again I wouldn't have much faith in the writers, im not some hardcore Lilly fan or anything, I don't really care about her. It would just reinforce my belief that the two episodes all about the governor were pointless. And with there only being one decent death this season (Hershal) I wouldn't be very happy with them holding out on showing a gory death.

4. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

Her sister plainly stated that she watched her die. She's dead.

5. agadu2

agadu2 Member

But...you don't know that for sure. :)

6. fiveone4

fiveone4 Member

Lilly is very much dead as explained and witnessed by Tara. The 2 Governor episodes were not pointless, they explained his whereabouts, how his new army came to be and built to the end of the prison arc with it's final battle. They also introduced us to and began the development of Tara's character.

There also was some potential foreshadowing for a hunters/marauders or some sort of bandits type of group who may be introduced or tied to the terminus/sanctuary during these back 8 episodes.

7. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Yes, we do. Her sister saw her die, and said so. She is dead. Why would they lie about that?

8. ntotoro

ntotoro Member

The show isn't just about gory deaths, though. That storyline served another purpose, which was to put to and end the whole Governor/Philip/Brian storyline. Done. Lilly was merely a vehicle for that part of the story and not needed any further. She ultimately put down TG, then just didn't care. He essentially took her reason for existence from her with his lying and murdering, even if indirectly.

Her character doesn't need to continue. Her sister saw her die. Why is there such hub-bub over a disposable character?

9. Tom Thompson

Tom Thompson Member

Tara never stated that her sister was dead, or that she had died. It can only be implied that she died, much like it was implied Carol had died at the same time as Lori and T-Dog. Judith is another example. Tara's words do not clarify Lilly's fate.

She played quite a significant role for the last few episodes of the first half of the season. It would be a shame if we didn't get to see her again, even if it was just to see her die.

10. Tom Thompson

Tom Thompson Member

Tara: She had a gun, but they just swarmed her. She wasn't supposed to be there.

I like to think she survived. It would give some substance to Tara's character too, if Lilly was alive.

Just doesn't add up that they have chosen not to show her at all.

11. HeadlessHershel

Maybe the walkers just 'tackled' her. If Glenn (who has average female strength) can escape Lilly should likewise be able to free herself.

12. ntotoro

ntotoro Member

Glenn wanted to live and has a passion to look for his wife. Lilly's entire world was gone. She didn't care about survival in a way the Glenn did.

She's dead. Her character served its purpose.

13. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

The fact is we can not know for sure.

They have certainly done crazier things than bringing Lilly back even in this last episode and nothing should be ruled or reasoned out EVEN if we do see or think we know it.

We are asked to believe a lot of random acts that make little or no sense for less reward so how is it a stretch to wonder if she is done or not?

Hello again Carol and Judith just for 2 examples.
    Clearly these have been more major characters to date but trying to make sense out of plot lines that sometimes don't make sense is as crazy as Lizzie!

14. agadu2

agadu2 Member

I'm not saying that Tara is lieing. I believe that she genuinely thinks Lilly is dead. Her whole crew got wiped out, her girlfriend got shot in the head, and she was in shock. She saw a blood bath and saw her sister stood among it. I think in a situation like that its easy to make the assumption she is dead.

15. agadu2

agadu2 Member

It's certainly not just about gory deaths, but the gory deaths are defiantly the highlights of the show. Why would they miss out on a opportunity to show one. Look out for my new thread in the upcoming weeks, it will be titled 'I TOLD YOU SO'

16. Firewallcano

Firewallcano Member

I think she's dead. Lilly was traumatised and surrounded by walkers and Tara states she saw it. I think the whole thing with the Gov was to give us a little more info on her.

17. ntotoro

ntotoro Member

Ask Shumpert.

18. cakebythepound

The only problem I have with the "Lilly isn't dead" theory is that I don't think many people care one way or the other. It seems like that is-she-isn't-she trope would be saved for someone we actually give a crap about. Maybe she'll come back and wreak havoc like Andrew did, but I don't know why they'd do this otherwise.

19. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

It makes sense for Lilly to die off screen. Her character had no purpose after Megan and The Governor died.

20. agadu2

agadu2 Member

Shumpert was a unimportant death, he was a henchman to a bad guy. Lilly was a sympathetic character and was a leading character in two episodes. Big difference.