Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Where is Lilly?

Discussion in 'Episode 410 - Inmates' started by Tom Thompson, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Woodburys Mayor

Its the same LAME BS they did with Shumpert it would have been far more effective to weave their deaths into the story heck at least a scene showing their deaths this to me just shows a weakness in the writers of season 4

2. Woodburys Mayor

Now that i think about it the BUS was another lazy Lame bit of writing. It would have been a lot more effective to show what happened on the bus and where it all went wrong. Again am not sure i have much faith in the writers this season to me they seem to miss a lot of things that could enhance the story.

3. tink

tink Well-Known Member

There's not a big difference. Both characters served a purpose, but were ultimately expendable once that purpose was served. We don't need to see her die, we needed to see her kill the Governor.

And it's not lazy at all. It's just not something the writers feel the need to waste time on. It's just as effective to have someone say something in passing because the characters in question are not important.

4. Woodburys Mayor

We can agree to disagree then. A Visual image is much more effective than a "passing word" and I for one liked Lillys character a lot more than her whiney sister

5. ntotoro

ntotoro Member

Define "effective," though.

Lots of things happen in life and their explanations may not meet a certain definition. We saw the bus get shot up when it departed. We even saw the bullet holes all along the back of the bus when the trio played Whack-a-Walker coming out of the emergency exit. It's pretty safe to do the math and figure one or two (or more) got popped as the bus departed and became walkers, then the whole thing dominoed.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Sometimes its best left to the imagination. And its more realistic that we don't see every event happening, since most of the characters don't see it, and it helps throw us into the show this way. They showed us a hell of a lot in that 42 minutes Sunday. No matter how much they cram in, you'll always be able to think of 'more' you wanted to see. We have our imaginations for a reason, and sometimes what we imagine is actually better than what would be shown. Think of Tarantino's glowing suitcase.

7. ntotoro

ntotoro Member

Kind of the way I see Lilly's death. It looks to me like we see TG's first-person perspective as Lilly comes up to pop him, then the walkers are gathering around her and she casually walks off and over the chess piece. She wasn't in any hurry and certainly didn't have anything to live for... figureatively or literally.

8. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

LOL. Tera has never been whiny. Being regretful about her part in the prison attack is far from being whiny. It shows humanity and highlights that she is redeemable and not really a bad person.

9. Woodburys Mayor

Sorry to me she comes off as Whiney just a perspective

10. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Maybe after Lilly shot the Governor she took his Cloak of Invincibility.

11. EvieE

EvieE Member

Glenn was wearing riot gear that prevented bites. Lily didn't have that protection. Besides, Glenn is the same guy who killed a walker strapped to a chair. Comparing Lily and Glenn is like comparing Judith to Michonne.

12. HeadlessHershel

Well if he got shot then the cloak wouldn't be very invincible?

13. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I would say she is annoying, at times. Never really thought of her as whiny. Maybe I need to re-watch her earlier episodes.

14. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

The walkers wouldn't know that. They're kinda dumb.

15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Having lived in the apartment building for a couple of years she's very inexperienced in the ZA world. And that's what I find interesting about her character for the show. Everyone else is pretty much battle hardened and she's running about 2 years behind them all. It'll be interesting to see her perspective mesh with everyone else's for a bit.

16. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

She is dead. They didn't show her death because it would really have broken the flow of what the show is moving on to now. The show is focused on our main "good guys", and while Tara is being integrated to the show spending more time with Lilly (linked to the Gov a lot deeper than Tara) is effectively continuing the Gov arc which they now want to put behind them.

Also, like the comic, after the prison attack a lot of people's fates were forever left unknown. It is unlikely Tara who they obviously want to keep around and have plans for would go off with Glenn if there were a chance Lily was alive still, so they just decided to drop the line in that she was swarmed/died. Now you now why Tara is okay to go with Glenn and not be concerned for Lily's whereabouts. Cause she is dead.

#36 Benrai2k, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  17. Ricktatorship80

Some people need to SEE every little thing on screen for it to make sense or be believable. If you're one of those people, it's not lazy that you dont believe or want to believe what you're being TOLD on screen. Thats just a YOU problem. smh

18. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

...umm are you referring to her mutilated corpse?

19. RatFeeder

RatFeeder Member

Well I don't really care about her one way or another, but we've seen more than one occasion where a character gets swarmed and they pop up somewhere. I'm not saying that's the case with Lily, as she seemed pretty much resigned to let herself pass.

20. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Sorry guys- Lily is dead. Having Tara telling Glenn, that she saw Lily swarmed by walkers, was the writers way of saying "She's Dead". She will not be returning.