Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Who could be the new major villain?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Predictions' started by walkerbiter, Jun 2, 2013.

1. walkerbiter

walkerbiter Member

So, TWD Comic had two major villains: Brian Blake a.k.a. The Governor and Negan (still active). The Hunters, Thomas Richards, Dexter and Shane were just minor villains. The comic is supposed to have 300 issues and I think there is no way that Negan will last almost until the very end. Kirkman will probably have to introduce at least one last major villain, so who could that be? Let's sum up those two villains: Brian - a totally one-dimensional bad guy cartoonish villain made up just to be as gruesome as possible. I noticed a lot of people liked him but his character was just not convincing and too unrealistic for my taste. Then we have Negan: A more convincing villain I must say although just like TG meant to be just a scary bad guy. His frequent swears annoy me though, I swear often but c'mon does he have a tourettes or something? IMO Negan is a way better villain than Brian was: He's not completely one-dimensional, he looks intimidating unlike TG, he's witty, just more enjoyable and currently one of my fav characters. But he will certainly die and I guess Carl will probably kill him. But, because they probably won't stretch his story arc for another 200 issues that means they will probably have to introduce another major villain. I think the next villain should be some ex-politician because let's face it, politicians are the biggest evil in this world. I also think this new villain should be someone with manners and who won't curse so much like Brian and Negan. I know, a lot of people would be like: That's lame I wan't a big bad scary monster who makes out with his zombie daughter and bashes skulls and says sh*t, f*ck in every sentence bla bla... Yeah, we already SAW THAT. Also it should be someone extremely intelligent, Negan looks like a dimwit and Brian is not a scholar type of guy either. In other words the next villain should be: overly manipulative person who rules with his own intellectual abilities. Something like that. It's easy to just make up some gruesome character, I know that's what people want from a villain but I think it's time for something different.

#1 walkerbiter, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  2. WrongAboutCarl

WrongAboutCarl Active Member

He should use zombie heads as his signature weapons. He'd just carry around a sack of them and wear really thick gloves. He'd open the bag and they'd be all groaning and growling and snapping at him. Then he'd throw them at people, or hold them up to people.

3. walkerbiter

walkerbiter Member

Sounds quite impractical but maybe the new villain could use some kind of dart gun which fires poisonous darts filled with walker blood. That would be a really cool and unique weapon, maybe it wouldn't kill immediately but once it hits you you better pray it's leg or an arm so that it could at least be chopped off. I really hope the comic will have at least one more major villain, I'm okay with Negan but it would be too much if he lasts for another 150-200 issues.

4. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Negan is clearly more intelligent than he is acting around random people. I think another major villain being alone would be interesting rather than having a big group again. I can't think of a good story for it right now though.

5. walkerbiter

walkerbiter Member

We don't know Negan's backstory yet but I seriously don't think he's particularly intelligent. I have to admit that he is a good leader and that's why all those people from his headquarters are worshiping him like God. He secured them with food/water/other important things and so on, they don't have to scavenge or anything, and in an apocalypse it's really useful to have someone like that for a leader. He intimidates all those communities solely by force and threats. Not to mentions the swears again. But, Kirkman can give him any backstory he wants, so he may or may not be intelligent.
    As for the new villain I think he must have some bigger group of followers, otherwise he's just a minor villain like people I already mentioned.

6. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

The swearing is an image and more or less because he can. He seems to have a god complex and enjoys control. He can do anything he wants without it mattering. He wants to swear? Well who's gonna say no? Like you said we don't know the backstory but it takes a lot more than some muscle to get that many people to follow you and set up what he has. When it comes to pure muscle most of the saviors could at least come close to him. There has to be more than that to have so many dangerous thugs totally loyal.
    As for the new villain that makes sense I just don't want a rehash. The saviors are very different but would it work a third time?

7. walkerbiter

walkerbiter Member

So far I really haven't got an impression of Negan being an intelligent man, though he's definitely not stupid. Also, the Saviors seem to me just like a biker gang and nothing more. Maybe that's exactly what they were before ZA and it seems like the most logical backstory for Negan. As for his physical strength I wouldn't argue about that because it looks like that one-armed Rick is the strongest guy. Villains usually can't win any fights no matter how strong they look like. Would the Saviors work again, that's a good question. Rick and his group got out alive from many life threatening situations, it would be kinda boring if they have to fight again against some bigger group of people and yet they somehow remain alive while bad guys are killed... Kirkman is aware of that, that's why he'll definitely kill Rick at some point.

8. GeekBait

GeekBait Member

I think the next antagonist should be very physically weak and have a geeky appearance but be emotionally and mentally strong, somewhat similar to The Governor, but have him be a scientist who studies zombies (kind of like Milton from the TV series) and uses this against Rick and the group. Also, he should be introduced as a friend but later on become the villain, unlike The Governor and Negan who were almost immediately introduced as the bad guys.

9. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think if Rick is already dead then a big group would work again. They wouldn't have rick to help them.

10. WrongAboutCarl

WrongAboutCarl Active Member

He's smarter than the average bear.

11. TechoTactical

TechoTactical Member

I don't think Negan will be going anywhere for another 10, maybe 20 issues

12. walkerbiter

walkerbiter Member

Well, Brian Blake appeared in only 13 issues including his death issue. Negan so far appeared in 7 issues so I guess he will appear in at least 10 more. I don't know what will Kirkman do with him but I think he should be offed by the 150th issue. There is absolutely no point in stretching out his story until the very end. Kirkman's villains were usually very gruesome people, The Hunters, Thomas Richards, The Governor, Negan... I'm starting to get tired of those kind of villains, but it would be a mistake to make some cliche villain as well, the one who always has his evil smile and dreams about taking over the world.

13. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Sure the typical mano-a-mano conflicts work and of course sprinkle in the usual zombie threat still works. But the 'Hunters' I've been hearing about sounds extreme and personally I can't wait to see how our lil group steps up to the challenge of this new type of threat.

14. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I like your idea of a more intellectual villain. Off the top of my head, I can definitely imagine perhaps a small group that doesn't have numbers to take Rick's group on in brawl, but are lead by someone who works smart to set traps and ambushes and stuff. I'm thinking along the lines of Morgan in "Clear", but, y'know, evil.

I don't think I like the idea of a politician, though. I don't know. Maybe I'd enjoy a former politician who tries to take advantage of the Apocalypse to put himself into a position of power. I thought that's where they were going with The Kingdom, at first.

15. walkerbiter

walkerbiter Member

They already kinda did that with the Hunters but IMO they were bad and even tragic villains. I actually felt sorry for them when Rick's group killed all of them but they tortured them first (not shown but Stokes implied that later). They even admitted they were bad hunters and that guy, Chris pleaded for mercy if I recall correctly. It would be nice if these last villains are some organized group of about 10-20 people but they are all skilled, intelligent and know how to place walker traps. The comic already had one politician, Douglas, but his character was just pathetic. I doubt they will introduce another ex politician. But the leader of this new "evil" group who threatens Rick's group should be someone manipulative and power-hungry and that person being a former politician was the first thing that came to my mind.

#15 walkerbiter, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  16. TechoTactical

TechoTactical Member

Maybe Eugene could have been tricking them all along.

17. walkerbiter

walkerbiter Member

I really can't see that happening but it would be a cool twist.

18. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Maybe there's part of the government and military that didn't die, and are waiting for their time to take over the country in a dictatorship.

19. supmyman7

supmyman7 Member

I like this idea a lot. Wolf in sheep's clothing.

20. Ricky G

Ricky G Member

An intelligent, attractive, and manipulative woman!