Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Who could be the new major villain?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Predictions' started by walkerbiter, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Jagerdu

Jagerdu Member

I'm guessing that Carl will become the final antagonist for the comic series. Based on the path he's going at the moment, I can see him slowly turning on the group, then eventually his father.

2. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

How about Dwight? Here is my theory: Dwight was the original leader of the Saviors, but was overthrown by Negan, and now wants him dead in order to reclaim his throne.
    Call it stupid, but it's just my theory.

3. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

I don't think that would ever happen. Rick and Carl have a great relationship, and wouldn't feel in his character to suddenly turn on everyone.

4. Patrickdeh

Patrickdeh Member

But what if Negan wins this war.
    And Andrea, Michone, Maggie, Sophie and everyone else dies during the attack but Rick and Carl.
    Carl gets mad at Rick for loosing another "war" he got involved in. And he lost some of the people he loved again.

Shit... I've seen Sayins turning into super sayins over nothing. Gettint your family killed twice should really mess Carls head up.
    Leaving Rick to go his own way.

5. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

Firstly I don't think this will happen-but if I have to imagine.
    Carl has matured a lot. In the past he would've gotten very, very angry at Rick. But Carl now realizes that his father is just a human being and that he can't be the super hero that saves everyone. I do think Carl would be very upset-it is family after all-but I don't really think he would leave Rick. Like I said, Carl has matured quite a lot, and he's not the same childish kid again. If anything I can imagine them "comforting" each other.

6. The1WhoKnocks

The1WhoKnocks Active Member

For the next(and possibly last) villain, I like the idea of an individual who was ultimately responsible for/intentionally caused the zombie outbreak/virus. It would be cool to learn of his/her origin story and how everything started in flashback sequences.

It would certainly tie up any and all loose ends.

7. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Given the whole "community" thing the comics have going on these days, I think I'd like the see the next antagonist be a member of Rick's group who has different ideals of how communities should function in the new society. Not the leader of a group that's just bad, like The Governor or Negan, but someone from Rick's inner circle who causes a divide between the communities with drastically different ideas and values to Rick.

Some people side with Rick, some people side with this other person. I don't know. It could do with being more fleshed out than that, but it'd be interesting.

8. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Who do we count as the inner-circle?

9. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

I'd say Andrea, Michonne, Carl, and possibly Jesus. If that does happen, wouldn't be some one from Rick's inner circle, none of those make much sense.

10. ErraErraHoof

ErraErraHoof Member

A GUs Fring like mastermind, maybe a former politician that manipulates others with his intelligence and manages to stay one step ahead of Rick at all times.

11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

What I meant by that was basically anyone residing within Alexandria, The Hilltop, The Kingdom. Didn't necessarily mean a core character.

12. MrLKK

MrLKK New Member

I'm a huge fan of the Civil War thing. It can be stretched out for a really long time and has plenty of room for juicy material. I believe it would be best if the war started with a gentleman's agreement to split into opposite groups but have communication, but they spread farther and farther apart over the course of the groups' relationship. This would lead to small conflict until small conflict becomes large conflict and BAM massive drama-happenings, murders, and awesome character development.

My 2 cents

13. Dead_Clone

Dead_Clone New Member

I think the ultimate enemy would be the US government. They have not shown us any presence of a legitimate government - but it does not mean that there isn't.

I'm guessing that rick and everybody else featured in the comics are in a some sort of a quarantine zone. Rick and his people will eventually find this out and will fight until death to get out of there.

But since Rick was in a coma during the outbreak he'll be miraculously immune from the zombie virus and he'll find a way to infiltrate the govt and get his people out.

14. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

More than likely there is no gov. Kirkman has confirmed no huge government presence will ever appear. There isn't one. Most of the population being dead does that.

I'm sorry but dear god no to immunity. Just no.

15. Dead_Clone

Dead_Clone New Member

He was on the fence of life and death (coma) during the outbreak and the virus may have not infected him.

Maybe Rick is the cure after all!

I'm just thinking that Rick being in a coma during the outbreak has to mean something.

Sorry guys... My wife is sick and tired of hearing my TWD theories - somebody's gots to listen. lol

16. TeriblyExcellen

At least at this point in the comics,

The next major villain or group of villains will probably be

17. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah it does mean something. It means they thought he was dead and he didn't know what was going on. It won't be adding anything else later on probably. Certainly not a bs magic cure. Worst possible ending along with it's all a dream IMO. Doesn't fit

18. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

I would say they could create a new villian just for the show, but that might be a bit too cartoony. The Gov and Negan are enough, we don't want this to be like the James Bond films.

19. Undead Tyrant

Undead Tyrant Member

I hope they don't kill off Negan like they did with the Governor, he is too major a character for that. He really imprinted himself in the readers minds from the very beginning, when he killed off a major member of Rick's group. I think he should be defeated along with the Saviors, but at the cost of many lives and maybe their homes (Alexandria, the Hilltop etc.), maybe he has a lot of explosives and stuff, but he loses anyway and has to flee far away.

Then he stays hidden for a good while untill in later issues he makes some crazy comeback, having allied himself with another dangerous leader-type, maybe the final villain, to take revenge on Rick and his allies.

20. The1WhoKnocks

The1WhoKnocks Active Member

Negan is going to die.... and soon. His time is up.

I would argue that the Governor is still the most significant villain to date.