Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Who's wedding ring was it?

Discussion in 'Episode 601 - First Time Again' started by RoboLives, Oct 14, 2015.

1. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

So Abe pours liquor on the wedding ring of one of the dead men, Pete ar Reg. I don't know because they are in body bags. Then Abe is drunk trying to balance the wedding ring on the bottle of liquor.
    So who's ring was Abe so emotional about, Pete or Reg?
    Im guessing Pete since he was a drunk also.

2. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

Is it possible that it's his own wedding ring?

3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I have to rewatch. But I think, at first there were 2 corpses on the ground. Then, Pete's corpse was removed by Rick and Morgan. So, it's only Reg's corpse there when Abraham saw the ring in his hand. So, it is Reg's.

4. LoriG

LoriG Member

I don't think it was either Reg's or Pete's. I think it was Abes. I think Abe saw the wedding ring on the finger and it made him think about his own wife/marriage - so he took off his own ring when he was drunk.

5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

That's what I thought. It didn't look like a woman's ring so it wasn't that Deanna had put her ring with Reg and if fell out of his pocket or whateter, and if it was one of the other men's? Why would Abe take their ring off their finger instead of burying it with them? Was he planning on stealing it and then changed his mind? That doesn't make much sense. It makes more sense to say it was his ring.

6. Mariuch

Mariuch New Member

After re-watching, I took it as his ring. Especially since all the "this is living" conversations and stuff that he and Sasha had. I think he had a drunken night after watching Deanna loser her husband, and dealt with the loss of his family and has moved on to how he is going to live in this reality.

7. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I took it as his own ring as well.

8. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

I wasn't sure if he poured drink on Reg or Pete. The long sleeves of the coat on the corpse makes me think it may have been Reg. But hard to tell. I think he gave Reg a drink on him, I doubt he'd give Pete one considering.

Though I am assuming Reg's death and Deanna crying and seeing Pete's head explode on him did cause unrest for Abe. He takes his ring off. Starts living again, albeit a bit reckless.

9. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

It was Eugene's engagement ring, but Eugens said no... That's why he started to drink.

10. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I don't blame him. I'd be devastated if the Professor Sex Lord turned me down like that, too.

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think it was Reg's ring. He saw the ring as a symbol of health and stability in an otherwise chaos riddled world. I think him balancing the ring on the liquor bottle symbolized the blocking of an unhealthy path [booze] with a healthy one. He would take the ring to give it to Deanna later. I'm betting we see that scene coming up. :p

12. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Do you think Deanna will be pleased with Drunken Abe taking the wedding ring off her dead husband's finger?

13. Neuropyramidal

How would she know he was drunk? After a couple days, he walks up to her and hands it to her, saying he thought she might want this. It would be a nice gesture.

14. Neuropyramidal

Most people don't bury their spouses wedding ring with them. Some do, but its not the norm, nor would it be something one would assume in the absence of specific request. I would have taken the ring off and given it to Deanna during a time when she no longer seemed in acute shock.

15. Berry

Berry Member

The ring on the dead body was definitely Reg's. The ring on the alcohol... harder to tell, but I'm guessing it was Reg's.. taken off to give to Deanna later. Abe was thinking about the loss of 2 people that night (as indicated by the two finger gesture to Sasha who had been up in the tower and missed the meeting). Didn't see him thinking about his own previous life.

16. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

unless he was going to pop the question to Eugene, we have seen a lot of Abragene lately... :p

17. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Abe poured liquor on Reg's corpse as a salute; it's called libation: a military tradition dating back to the Ancient Greeks, who poured wine on the graves of their comrades who died in battle. In modern times, libations has been picked up by urban gangs like the Bloods and the Crips.

Reg supported making Abe the new foreman on the construction crew. Abe appreciated that Reg believed he could contribute to Alexandria.

I'll guess that Abe was going to return the ring to Deanna; sometimes that's done at funerals. Or Abe was thinking about the murder-suicide of his wife and children.

#17 Rapscallion, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  18. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I like to hope it was Abe's own ring. He was suicidal after the deaths of his wife and child. Eugene's scam gave him a reason to live. That also vanished, taking Abe down again. As others have said, I'm hoping the scene with the ring shows he is detaching from his grief enough to be able to find purpose in this new world, whatever comes.

Thanks for the thread because I had initially just assumed it was Reg's ring.

Was Abe up on a roof when he signaled Sasha below? Was he in the guard tower? The angle puzzles me.

19. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

No I don't think it is because it showed him looking at it on the hand of one of the corpses.
    If I had to guess I took it as being Pete's and because he was a wife abuser, he was unworthy of keeping that ring so Abe removed it.

#19 LadyGrimes, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  20. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

He's got a mullet that just won't quit.