Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why are people so sickenly annoyed by Morgan now?

Discussion in 'Episode 602 - JSS' started by Eat_Cow, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Eat_Cow

Eat_Cow Member

It's almost as if the majority of you are as brainwashed as Rick is. Do you want to see blood and guts so badly that you have to call a pacifist "annoying", maybe even going so far as to want them dead?

Let's get something straight here. Morgan is not a "don't kill anybody" character, like Tyreese was. Morgan WILL fight and he WILL kill, but he finds it unnecessary. He avoids it when possible. And I think he's right. He had that one wolf fully subdued. It seems the Wolf has been brainwashed into some cultish behavior, but anyone can be brought back from that, just as they were brought into it. Carol demonstrated how completely unnecessary the killing was by SHOOTING a completely submisses and tied up man IN THE HEAD.

Morgan's weapon is the coolest in the show for me because it's the ultimate weapon of controlled, disciplined power. It can kill, but just as easily disable somebody without killing them, and that fits Morgan. I love Morgan's approach to the new world. Is it really THAT annoying to people?

2. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

No seriously. I'm not annoyed, it's just not how I expected his return would be. I like the way he 'handles the stick' and I'm sure we will be seeing more of him. And of course we will find out why he's not a cold killer anymore. But after all. In the world they are living you can't give somebody the benefit of doubt. If somebody is a danger for the group, they have to kill. The people he let escape will return or/and eventually kill somebody of Alexandria.

#2 AtlantaOverrun, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  3. JPG119

JPG119 Member

Tyreese sucked throughout the show, his death was even worse. Don't think you can really call Carol shooting that man unnecessary, it's the Zombie Apocalypse not the school playground, the Wolves were literally butchering the ASZ residents, why in the hell do they deserve to live? Keep them as prisoners and have the whole Randall scenario again.

In regards to his glorified broomstick, I think they are going a bit over the top when he manages to beat up 5 people who are surrounding him. Hopefully all is explained in E3/4 as to why Morgan has become a Jedi.

4. 1618

1618 Well-Known Member

Morgan's idealist storyline is quite predictable. He lets psycho killers escape, they come back with a big group and kill everyone. He gets all depressed saying he can't be a part of this community and disappears for another few seasons.

5. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Umm no, Morgan pretty much IS a don't kill anyone character, as illustrated by him not killing the same guy that tried to kill him and people around him three times, yeah.
    And this is the big flaw in his 'all life is precious' stance.
    His unwillingness to kill someone that is clearly going to kill others is where his stance falls flat.
    The all 'life is precious' thing was valid pre outbreak, but now, it's a liability.
    Like Rick says, don't take chances anymore.

6. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I don't hate Morgan, I just see him as a character who learned differently and is trying to spread that peace and harmony to others, only to find they're too far gone. Morgan won't feel this way forever, I'm sure of it. Sooner or later he'll be on the same page with Rick and Carol.

7. Dindin2

Dindin2 Member

He should know better. They were attacked for no reason, these people were willing to kill everyone they came across. What is he keeping them alive for? To go back, regroup and come back? They have been in some places now they understand the layout of A better and most annoying was he let them pick weapons on their way out. Who tells his enemy the weapons they have. We have guns talks was just ridiculous.

8. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Morgan ran the one group out of ASZ, why would he think the wouldn't come back and cause more loss? It wasn't his first run in with them, but his third. I don't think they will keep him this way, it will be Tyrese 2.0 if they do, I think they will change his views, again. But in the meantime, who will suffer because of his current one?

9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'm not annoyed by Morgan. I love Morgan. I'm annoyed by morally driven characters on this show consistently being written to make bad calls and have terrible judgement.

I want characters with strong morals. We have more than enough bloodthirsty characters. A little more variation with the characterisation of these characters would be good. Morgan doesn't need to become a copy+paste Tyreese clone in order to be virtuous character.

10. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

[I'm not annoyed by Morgan] but if you ask me it's a mindset that endangers the people around him.

Ok, and then? What was he going to do with him? Tie him up and call Father Gabriel for help? These Wolves are far gone. Maybe they're not lost causes. But how much time and shit do you think it would take to turn them back around? And let's be honest here, how many of us, of you, would willingly live with a brutal murderer of some kind alive, around their group?

Ok, maybe - but do you realise how dangerous these guys are? They almost slaughtered an entire town. You don't expect "bringing them back" will not cause any damage, do you? How much people have to die before people start realising that giving everyone a chance in this world most often causes more damage than it should?

We're what, two years into the apocalypse? People go crazy. People turn literally psycho. If they had put effort in turning any psycho they encountered around, the group wouldn't be as big right now. IMO, being selfish is not a crime in the apocalypse at all. It's surviving after all. This is not a humanity centered world anymore.

11. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Basically, his 'all life is precious' philosophy is ok but must be adjusted in certain circumstances. For example, why spend the time to tie up that Wolf while there are still slaughterings going on. Morgan can use that precious minute or two to save another life. With his staff skill, he could easily incapacitate all the Wolves he encountered (unless being ambushed). Just look at how he handled the 5 Wolves at the end. Knock them unconscious or just break a knee so that they cannot run around to kill or to run away.

For all his dealing with the Wolves in ASZ, the only one that I approve of is his not killing of the Alpha Wolf (assuming he did not kill him and is holding him as prisoner).

Having said all these, I think I will give Morgan a few more episodes to learn more of his story first before writing him off. The writers better have some good story coming up for him.

12. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

I still like Morgan but he is trying to save these wolves , who are brutally killing people. Chopping them to bits and pieces, And the fact he let them go where they can do this to other people or come back and get more people killed. Not all lives are precious Morgan, Especially ones who are killing for fun.

13. drifter77

drifter77 Member

Was Red Pancho Guy's life not precious? By not killing the first two Wolves, it directly led to RPG's death as well as whoever those two Wolves killed in Alexandria. (And by extension, had those two been killed, they never would have found Aaron's backpack, etc. etc., so you could extrapolate that by not killing those two, it resulted in 20+ deaths later [Wolves and Alexandrians].)

14. Zombie_Penguin

Because he was better when he was nuts! Now he is completely delusional in a whole other way! He was right before, people need to die but whatever the heck he had happen to him that made him how he is now, he isn't just a passifist, he is now stupid in so many other ways than he ever was. We have seen the world grow into what it currently is on the show and we've seen so many horrible things and horrible people that we know what the worst are capable of and what happens when you let them go! We are all probably more annoyed on the whole that he's leaving these gaps where if he'd just done away with someone while he had the chance, XY or Z wouldn't die. The guy running off in the end with the gun is huge, no doubt someone will get shot with it. Morgan is responsible for that. These guys weren't unknown to Morgan, he saw they were capable of some dumb crap and there they all are chopping folk up and he's like making them breakfast in bed and shit. Seriously, he needs to get some of whatever carol is on and she could do with a small injection of what Morgan has, and they should both meet in the middle, but Morgan hasn't really been around, on screen, long enough for us to know what his true character really is - we only know what we made up in our heads about how awesome he was in his absence! No doubt he'll get a grip on his situation then get killed off because of something stupid. That's the only real reason I can see they bothered to bring him back.

15. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Early morning musings.

Points in Morgans favor:
    - Morgan went back inside Alexandria and helped save lives. That's more than Spencer could do when armed with a machine gun.
    - There are a lot of Wolves and they have killed a lot of people. There's a very good chance that RPG was a goner once he wandered into Wolf territory.
    - The two Wolves that Morgan first encountered were not the only ones who set the trap. Aaron's backpack would have been found, and Alexandria attacked, no matter what Morgan did.
    - There were five Wolves around Morgan near the end. Even if he had been armed with a gun, the most he could have taken out is two, since they gathered around him only when they saw he wasn't carrying. And given the high casualty rates suffered by the attackers, the remaining Wolves know that Alexandria is well-armed.
    - There's value in capturing enemies for their potential source of intelligence.

Points against:
    - Even if the enemy isn't armed, they will be if they get to the armory. Leaving Carol to save FG threatened the whole community.
    - Had Morgan been carrying Spencer's rifle (even if he didn't use it), the last Wolves would have run off and would not have had the chance to get a gun.

16. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

People are annoyed because Morgan's actions adversely affect other people. People would feel the same if he refused to kill a rattlesnake that was in a nursery school playground.

Sure, I think it's great that he doesn't want to just go out and kill everything, but the Wolves are demented killers that didn't listen to him at their first encounter. The only reason the 5 of them didn't kill Morgan is that they had sticks and knives instead of guns. If they had gotten in to the armory Morgan would be dead as a doorknob. It is NOT a good philosophy that leaves its followers dead.

17. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

you know what? I am annoyed by Morgan. I'm annoyed because in Clear when Rick and Michonne and Carl went back to town and saw Morgan, he was a psychopath and was killing humans as shown by the traps he setup. At that point, Rick's mindset was telling Morgan that there was a way back from this and he didn't have to act like that. It took Morgan some time to adjust to that and now here he is all high and mighty telling everyone how life is precious. Very hypocritical. And yes, Rick is a good guy, but his mindset is just not on the same path of Morgan right now. He has had to endure witnessing the loss of person after person who were under his wing while Morgan has operated on his own for quite some time and has the luxury of not having to deal with loss again and again.

18. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Morgan has gone too far with the no killing. I didn't agree but could understand him not killing the 2 wolves in the woods. He subdued them locked them in a car and had a great chance of never seeing them again. Makes sense no need to kill them even tho they will most likely go and kill someone else but if your thinking is that it won't be you then ok. But the wolves came to Alexandria, the place he wants to be his new home, and brutally slaughtered the ppl u live with. To stop in the middle of the chaos to tie some one up is dumb. It equates to the wolf who carol shot in the back of the head while he was chopping a body. U become distracted and some one could've easily had killed him. I like his fighting skills and think he is a valuable member of the group already. Definitely more valuable than tyrese ever was. But his way of thinking does not fit the new world. If u don't want to be a cold blooded killer I get that. But to not kill ppl trying to kill u is just too far and which is why ppl are so annoyed with him

19. Brahmabull

Brahmabull Member

dude are you insane??

You actually think there is any hope for a group of maniacs that comes into a community full of innocent people and starts hacking them to pieces with machetes and axes?

You think that the wolves that Morgan let free are really going to stay away and not try to come back and kill Rick's group? You're f*cking insane

20. IfDarylDiesRiot

I am not annoyed by his moralistic attitude, but for me its more of a matter of time and place.

I mean its not like these people we just looting Alexandria. The very people he let go in the woods were running around his home and literally chopping the residents to bits. At that point imo you dont stop to tie these people up, you cracks skulls and move on to the next hacker and slasher.