Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why did Rick open the door to the bathroom

Discussion in 'Episode 411 - Claimed' started by Ania, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

Is that a euphemism for taking a dump? He looked 'dump' level when Rick caught his eye.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I watched it again today with subtitles. When they were attacked inside the house someone shouted that it was a woman must've been a mistake with the subtitling, Unless a walker got into the house after they arrived, they were making enough noise with all the fiighting to attract any passing walkers, But I do think Rick opened the door to let the man get out when he turned...... Glad to see he's starting to think clearly again.

#42 Toothpick, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Has anybody confirmed that they heard "her" or "she" in the episode? I don't re-watch episodes until Friday or Sunday so I can't check myself. I've been wary of the initial subtitles ever since the fake-out with Andrew.

• Like Like x 1
  4. raven n

raven n Well-Known Member

Me too. It's good to see Rick is getting his balls back. Now all he has to do is find is baby & make a play for Michonne.

5. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

What was the fake out with Andrew

6. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

When Rick left Andrew in the courtyard with the walkers. Someone posted that the caption read "munching sounds" (or words to that effect). The captions in the DVD don't have this. They just read "Andrew screaming" and "Screaming stops".

While I'm here, I'll throw in the time that Greg Nicotero went on Talking Dead and said that Carol's body was in one of the new graves. Those are the two things have stuck with me as fakeouts. It's why I won't be certain that Lilly is dead until we see her body.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ntotoro

ntotoro Member

I didn't necessarily mean "for that," but just for a few minutes of peace in-general.

8. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Oh, believe you me he was getting to that. Give the man some credit, he had only just gotten his boots off!

You probably missed during the intensity of the scene, it was a hard detail to catch, but here's a still shot showing a few of the other items next to the toilet other than the bandits boots...

[​IMG]

9. Machete

Machete Active Member

Lol, who takes their boots off to fap?

10. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

You've got a point. I typically tend to leave mine on when I'm in a hurry, or in a public place. :zombies_lol:

• Like Like x 1
  11. hellobeasty

hellobeasty Member

Oh SNAP. No comment on what the guy was actually doing in the bathroom, but I thought he was just unconscious (like the bed fight guy) so things like opening the door, the random walker attack, etc. were confusing to me. What a clever move! Rick is back on his game for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Of course.

A merc, cop... I'd rather call him a Soldier.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Andy

Andy Member

So, just to clarify. In order to become a walker really quickly, you have to be filled with rage or have your adrenaline running at full blast at the time of death?

Is this why it took Amy several hours to turn into a walker in season 1? Because she was surprised at the camp, bitten and died within seconds. That happened during early evening and she didn't wake up as a walker until late the next morning.

Randall in season 2 was killed by Shane in the woods, no adrenaline flowing at the time because he was surprised and struck from behind. Although we never knew the exact time it took for him to reanimate, I think it was just an hour or so before Darryl and Glenn found him as a walker. So not much time passed there.

The only other person we saw time wise die and become a walker was Milton last year when he was locked up with Andrea. I don't think much time passed there and his adrenaline wasn't flowing because he knew the Governor was going to kill him...or at least injure him.

Sorry. I'm just trying to figure out the exact rules of reanimation.

14. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Exactly. Plus the guy Patrick fed on in D block was sleeping when he got bit, and turned within minutes. Was he sleeping in a rage?

15. Andy

Andy Member

Indeed. And I forgot about Merle last year. He wasn't filled with rage or adrenaline when he died. He sacrificed himself and became a walker in no time.

Maybe it's different in the comic book but according to the TV show, there is no consistency with the reanimation because nobody is ever the same. You simply become a walker when the writers want the maximum level of drama for the episode.

16. Porfivor Nixon

How does this not make Rick any better than a murderer? He knew nothing about that guy, he had no clue if he was a good person or a bad person, and yet he just killed him.

17. hellobeasty

hellobeasty Member

True, but he did hear the guy's buddies planning to gang-rape the woman whose shirt they found (Michonne). They were sitting around the house waiting for her to return. I think it's reasonable to assume that people traveling with people like that probably share or at least condone their violent tendencies. Further, Rick wasn't planning to kill anyone (I'm kind of surprised he did actually; I thought the guy was just unconscious until he turned) but rather was surprised by the guy while searching for an escape route. If the guy had managed to shout for his buddies before he passed out, Rick would have had little chance of escaping unharmed-- and then Carl and Michonne would have walked right into their trap. There was high risk and a lot at stake. I wouldn't say Rick is morally dead (yet).

18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

What he DID know was that he was awoken to someone being beaten or tortured downstairs. He ALSO knew that one guy almost choked the life out of another guy over who gets to sleep in the big bed rather than a kids bed. I think Rick is on pretty safe ground thinking these guys are a criminal gang and not a bunch of travelling salesmen.

19. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

Why was the guy sitting on the toilet though? I don't think the water is working!

20. raven n

raven n Well-Known Member

The fact that Patrick was very ill with a combo of the virus + the influenza might have something to do with him turning quickly.
    The virus -as viruses do- might be mutating & since we don't know the original virus it may have been based on, we can't know how different people react to it. And there has to be a percentage of people who are either naturally immune or else somehow become immune to it from the exposure, like a vaccination.