Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why didnt they hide in the house????

Discussion in 'Episode 213 - Beside the Dying Fire' started by Slash_lady, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Slash_lady

Slash_lady Member

Everytime I see this episode, there is this question. Why didnut they just hide in the house? The walkers would have just passed by and in the morning it would be all clear... they could have saved the farm and everything would be just fine...

2. chainshada

chainshada New Member

Don't think they touched on it in the TV series, but in the comics they said something about the Herd's behaviour. Someone said they should hide inside as a Herd passed by, but was told that even if none of the walkers had any idea that there was someone in the house..if 1 walker's hand brushed against a door, the walker behind it could "think" that it was an attempt to open the door, the only reason a walker would attempt to open a door is if there's food inside, so the 2nd walker also "thinks" "There's food in there!" and starts banging on the door, as does the next, and so on, causing a frenzy.

3. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Member

In the previous ep, Hershel said he was going to stock the basement with food and water so they could shelter there.

If the herd just passed by, it would be okay. But with 50 head of cattle, that would distract them and they could become the kind of group that Shane and Otis faced.

This is why you want goats for your Z-poc livestock. They're smart enough to run, fast enough to get away and agile enough to climb out of danger. Cows are just walker bait.

4. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

They should have been able to secure the house & hide in the basement until a herd had passed.

BUT.. They were too busy creating drama to consider keeping lookouts, keeping indoors after dark and just putting any walker herd plan into consideration..

Good planning doesn't make for good tv though lol

5. Cal_For_Carol

Cal_For_Carol Member

Glenn suggested hiding in the house, but Daryl said a herd like that would knock the house down. Which is true because Rick, Carl, Shane, Jimmy and who ever else was out and about would have just led the walkers right to the house.

6. ostendadler

ostendadler Member

or they could have done what Morgan did in season 3 and barricade the surrounding and use a freeking harvester to mow those geeks down!

7. amc

amc New Member

Would have they ever been safe, if the walkers were able to figure out if they were in there, would they leave? I think it was wise of them to move on to greener pastures. However when they came to the traffic block, I would have gotten some new cars, ones that would have less wear and tear from running over the walkers

8. LoudSilence

LoudSilence Member

I thought this at first, but then remembered what was said in the comics about a herd. I think whoever wasn't in the house would've been attacked and then they would've turned to the house, I think there was nothing else to do but fight/run

9. OldPalMerle

OldPalMerle Member

Daryl pointed out that it wouldn't be safe. The herd would be too strong for the house and would eventually get in.

10. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

If they stayed in the house it would only attract attention to it and there might never be a chance to get more supplies or get away. Everyone was scattered on the property, so who knows how many of them would actually make it to the house. That was a huge herd and there would be many to fight off as they tried to close/board up the doors. I really wouldn't want to be locked in the basement for any amount of time, because you'd never be sure if it was safe to come out. The walkers could just hang around because they would smell the living, and the banging and moaning would drive you batty.

11. HershelGreene1

HershelGreene1 New Member

If walker's could break through the wooden fence to get on the farm i'm sure they could have got in the house.