Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why do people hate this game?

Discussion in 'Modern Warfare 3' started by MegaScampi, Mar 31, 2012.

1. AKA The Seeker

I just took a trip back to MW3 after emptying out an entire magazine from my lmg into a guy that then turned around and killed me with a single shot in Black Ops. It was kind of cool that people died when I shot them. I'll still play Black Ops, but I was only in my second Prestige when I quit MW3 last year, so it's still kind of new to me. I've hardly seen any of the DLC's even though I have an Elite Founders account.

2. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Lag compensation, not a great set of maps, and Final Stand or Dead Man's Hand. Only real reason to hate it other than it's PC port being meh.

*Edit*

I must be on crack. Forgot to say spawns.

3. HORSE SIX ZERO

There will always be Lag until they go to DS man. Get used to it. Not a great set of maps? What are you talking about? When you talk about map balance, what's the argument you're making? I don't know about the PC version. I gave up on PCs a long time ago when the art of hacking and modding went out of control on COD4.

As for the deathstreaks, I totally agree. They need to get rid of them altogether. If you're a bad gamer, you're a bad gamer. You can get better if you can hybrid yourself, but if you're one type, then you're always going to be garbage. Not directing at you, but you've seen the video The Vet and The Noob right?

Most gamers who play this, are between the ages of 15-19 who think they know it all. You can't show them shit. They are so hyperactive, they can't stay still for a minute and have the attention span of a rock and the tactical sense of the French Army in 1940. White flags all around, they give up and rage quit...

If noobs ran with veterans, they'd have a lot more fun playing the game.

Face it, going negative all the time? There is no fun in that.

4. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

My issues are the lag although as horse said there will always be lag without dedi's. That being said i felt that there was a lot more lag in MW3 that BO1 or 2 now and it results in some very hair-twisting moments. Additionally, the spawn system and deathstreaks are other complete turn offs. I tried to play MW3 yesterday, my first life consisted of spawning, shooting an enemy within 5 seconds and then dying to his dead mans hand. After that i just said F*** that. It's not that there isn't anything good with MW3, its just that to me personally the bad outweighs the good way to much to consider every playing it again.

5. PSIII

Staff Member

No, dedicated servers aside, look at MW2. The lag issues in the three following games did not plague that game.

Maps are pretty bland apart from the ones I like. To be fair, BO2's are just as bad.

It's not much about balancing issues, they just are clusterfucks 90% of the time. Terminal proved that for me. While, say TDM, plays very differently than it did in MW2, its action flows properly, what only a few MW3 maps can do. I can predict where people are spawning, even if somewhere behind me, and control engagements well there. I always go on a good streak on that map.

The PC version is clearly not as optimized as it could be. It plays stiff and it lags a lot.

They don't even have to do that. They just need to make sure deathstreaks do what they should do: easing the pain and giving you a slight boost, not free kill or kills, throwing out even an enemy's skill out the window. Stuff like Copycat and Juiced are great ideas. The rest just have no place. Hell, they could even keep Final Stand if they remake it so you can shoot instantly after hitting the ground. Go in a dazed state for several seconds and make sure they can't use their primary (or any weapon, knife only). Problem solved.

Don't get me wrong. I'll take the problems the game has over BO2 easily. I can actually have fun when playing it and there seems to be a purpose to actually choosing between weapons. It's just very easy to get pissed when playing it, something that just doesn't happen when I play CoD4 or MW2.

*Edit*

Also, the gap in skill between players really bugs me a lot of times. I just went 51-2 in a 6v6 TDM match yesterday. In others, I'm getting teammates who go 1-20 (not joking). And the splitscreeners...

6. HORSE SIX ZERO

Read my Blog man. horsesixzero.blogspot.com, I'm sure we'll agree on a lot of things.

7. HORSE SIX ZERO

As for the statement on the Deathstreaks, no, I don't care how ARMOR PLATED you are. I hit you with a .50 Barrett, I should be able to cut you in half. Not knock you into "Final Stand Pro". That's such BS.

As for the death streaks, I would say:
    Copycat
    Hollow Points
    Juiced
    Painkiller
    Revenge

Those others have to go. Or just do away with them altogether. In COD4 they were perks. (Martydom/Last Stand)

BLOPs 2 doesn't have them and I am super glad they don't.

Split Screeners? I make it my personal mission to avoid them.

Look man, look at this photo...39-2 and we almost LOST! As you can see, the variables were absolutely ****-ing terrible!
    How we won this? I have no idea to this day. Look how many points my Clanmates and I surrended vs. these garbage ass noobs.
    If you're that bad, go play FFA man, or Ground War.
    [​IMG]

8. AKA The Seeker

The spawns are bad, but when did a COD game have good spawns. Today in Black Ops 2 I spawned six feet away from my dead body so the guy that shot me could shoot me again without changing his aim. Then I spawned into a game where a sentry gun could gun me down as I spawned. How hard is to not spawn you in front of a stationary gun?

9. Roxy Babe

Roxy Babe Active Member

How i miss mega scampi, and egsistence, oh my, my great friends who backed me up against that reprobate nate.

10. Him

Him Member

im getting tired of them releasing something new like every year, focus on one good game and keep map packs coming out, like bf3

11. PSIII

Staff Member

Spawning has always been an issue in CoD, but it really got bad in BO. It's definitely at a low with MW3 and BO2.

12. Chillx

Chillx Member

I dont hate the game, i hate most of the people playing it o.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. TheEvilPorkChop

Being host screwed me a lot in this game

14. II S1CK M1K3 II

The lag is much better now that most people are playing Blops 2. As TheEvilPorkChop says however, you do still get screwed over when pulling host.

15. PSIII

Staff Member

Currently, I get the best experience being host actually. It's when I not have host, but low ping or a four-bar that I can sometimes get overtaken by someone with a bad connection. Host is probably the best thing ever in FFA.

Three-bars are something I try to stay away from though...

16. TheEvilPorkChop

I played last weekend and had a good time with it actually. Once I knew I was host I backed out, rejoined and was fine. Easy to do this when playing with a few friends so you can get back in that lobby quickly

17. TaylorCTU

TaylorCTU New Member

Prob cause its not good, a lot of bs on there.

18. Jar

Jar Well-Known Member

IMO :
    BO2 > MW > MW2 > MW3 > WaW > BO

I really fhucking hated BO.

I always thought MW3 was ok, was just generally boring and had bad maps. But I found the balance a great step forward compared to BO and I was glad to find the smoothness back in the gameplay, for BO had a terrible feel.

19. HORSE SIX ZERO

They hate it because they run into a clan like mine and in two minutes have backed out via RAGING, thrown their controller across the room, punted the cat, punched their sister and stabbed out their eyes with a spork...

That's why people hate this game.

• Like Like x 1
  20. VanillaDimples

VanillaDimples Well-Known Member

Let's be honest. The connection is a pile of shit and the maps are getting crazy repeatative. Add ons or not.