Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why does no one hide in a tree ?

Discussion in 'Episode 414 - The Grove' started by A1337sti, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I say they all just live like the Ewoks and sing Yub Nub every episode, but that's just me....

2. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Dale was terribly nearsighted, and lost his glasses in the attack where he lost his wife. It was his secret shame he never shared with the group... That's my guess. That or he left his contacts back in the Atlanta camp

Good luck getting his grumpy ass up a tree.

3. DeadRun

DeadRun Member

and yet he drove the RV? That was a plan

4. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

That's why Daryl had to scout ahead to see if he could make it on the highway!

If Sophia climbed a tree in the first place, season 2 would have never happened.

5. DeadRun

DeadRun Member

LOL If our trusty group followed all the coulda shouldas we see here there'd be no series at all = )

6. Wendy420

Wendy420 Member

This makes me think of the 2002 adaptation of "The Time Machine." It's an interesting point. I think it could be a way for the human race to survive, eventually. They could build tree houses and live in caves on high cliffs, etc. It's an interesting line of thinking.

7. falconsfan1

falconsfan1 Member

Ummmmmmmmm......... Because safety...... If you get spotted by a walker, well lets just hope you have one bullet left....... Then theres the tiny matter of falling out of it. How would you climb the tree in the first place? With gear?

8. falconsfan1

falconsfan1 Member

The people after her were dumber than the walkers, they had a campfire but didn't use it to burn her out of the tree. Besides, that was a dumb idea in the first place if it weren't for the magic beehive she would have died.

9. DarylIsHott

DarylIsHott Member

lol

10. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

seriously? get as many people as you want and try and push over a big oak or pine tree. let me know the result

11. HeadlessHershel

I thought the Keebler elves hid in trees? What about hobbits? Avatar?

12. Walker709

Walker709 Active Member

20 or 30 Walkers walking against a tree for a while will eventually knock it over. It could take some time but it would happen eventually.

13. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Nope, don't believe it. First, because I don't think that 20 or 30 people would be able to push a large tree over, and secondly because that many walkers wouldn't all push in a coordinated fashion, they'd likely surround the tree and try and climb up, or push, but from many different directions, which would mean their force would cancel itself out.

14. Roray

Roray Member

lovin' the example of bob (a black guy) to talk about hiding in trees.

[​IMG]

15. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

If a herd of rattlesnakes was after me I'd have a complete panic attack and probably pass out and be ****ed.

#55 SFA, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  16. Diomasach

Diomasach Member

The weight on a chain thing would work (and might be amusing) but for efficiency I would go with a pike. You can make one pretty easily, and it doesn't have to be terribly strong. The only real problem with a scenario like Dawn of the Dead is the shopping mall had a crowd of perhaps tens of thousands. After a while, the pile of dead against the wall would start becoming a hazard as dead climbed on top of it and got higher and higher.

17. Jiteryjackanape

Jiteryjackanape New Member

I would say it's a good idea only if you know what your doing, a tree stand and rope could keep you pretty safe you just have to be quiet. My idea would be a boat except when winter comes because i wouldn't be able to fish

18. joeyboy

joeyboy New Member

Honestly I don't see why you'd live in the woods when there seems to be plenty of semi-rural towns in the area with houses. Sleeping in a house, an attic if you prefer even more security, would appear a much better option to me. It appears there are if anything less zombies in those small groups of houses they visit then walking around the woods most of the time.

19. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Because as long as you stay within the remnants of society you'll always have to deal with bandit types that survive by robbing other survivors. If you have the know how to survive deep in the woods you wont have to deal with these types because they can't survive out there. It's the whole reason they're bandits. You wouldn't have to deal with as many zombies deep in the woods either. Especially if you went deep enough into the wilderness where you'd have to start climbing. Go that far and you'd never have to deal with the dead again.

20. joeyboy

joeyboy New Member

I suppose, but I mean bar da Guvna, the group had no issues with bandits at the prison for instance. Assuming you're in a group here, then I don't see why finding a structure of some kind for shelter is that poor a decision, a factory on the outskirts of a town, or hell another farm, that sort of thing. If you're alone I suppose it's more of an issue. Honestly though I speak as someone with basically no wilderness survival knowledge, I would rather chance making secure/hidden hideaways in the semi-urban environment.