Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why does Rick have Glen ....

Discussion in 'Episode 302 - Sick' started by A1337sti, Oct 22, 2012.

1. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

Stay behind to watch hershel the Entire time? :zombies_confused:

I know the obvious "hershel could turn and would need to be put down" ... But they do hand cuff him to the bed. and others in the group have guns (Carl, and Lori for sure)

I dunno .. just seems getting yourself into a 3 on 5 situation isn't a great idea. even just having a 4th guy from your squad walk up with a shot gun "everything okay Rick"? and a "ya, tell the OTHERS we have this covered" would make the prisoners think "oh crap, how many armed men does he really have back there?"

and i kept thinking that through out the episode. would Tomas really had takken a swing at Rick if he thought rick had a few other armed guys back at the cell?

as far as the prisoners knew at that point ,, Rick was part of a 5 man crew, one is missing a leg and the 4th is probably tending to his wounds.

having Glen show up after the fact and mention that someone else is watching Hershel (use a male name, like Carl) would probably be enough to change their minds... (maybe .. Tomas did seem crazy)

maybe this is just me nit picking... ??? feel free to tell me i am :p

2. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

They knew of 6. Rick, Daryl, T-Dog, Glen, Maggie and Hershel.

3. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

It was Hershell - Maggie's father - why would even Glenn go? He HAD to be there to support Maggie and Beth for obvious reasons, also in a situation where Hershell could turn, to me, no-one better than Glenn to kill him off - Maggie would want it to be Glenn the one to do it.

4. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

The reason for him to make a cameo would be to show the prisoners that Rick's group has enough personal to deal with a wounded man with out using Glen..

but ya i did miss that, they knew of 6 ... even with 1 wounded it would be 5 vs 5 + ?? guess that should have been enough incentive for them to want to work together, that handle bar mustache guy sure wanted to

5. Chreees

Chreees Member

1. Rick trusts Glenn to put Hershel down if need be.
    2. Glenn needs to be there for Maggie.

6. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I personally would want to put down my own family member.

7. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

Why?... (? Was too short so I had to add the...)

8. Chreees

Chreees Member

I don't know about rabscuttle, but I would as well because I wouldn't want my family member to reanimate like that. In a ZA, reanimating is the worst thing. Who would want their family members to "forever" walk the earth? I wouldn't. Therefore, I would put them down before reanimation occurred. I would want my family to do the same for me.

9. John2find

John2find Member

Maggie would only allow Glen to shoot his ,if zombified father.
    Glen is the most intelligent of all, a perfect Ninja.No shit of politics, Silent,fast and each slash only for a cause.

So keeping glen was a great idea.

It will not be a great idea, to be assured that we have flaunted our size is big , so the scavengers will not attack us.
    The prisoners will be like opportunist, ready to take down weapons and women, if they get a single breath.
    Indeed when they realizes the actual size, they will become a greater danger than walkers.

I am happy (relieved) that they cut down the danger to minimum in the 2nd episode itself.
    Oscar and alex should be brought under confidence, by using positive reinforcements.

But for better survival, a group size should always not exceeds limits in ZA. Greater the size more powerful has to be a leader and hence dictator which no one likes, then on creating mess.

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

That was a really smart move by Rick, if Tomas knew the little group Rick had and the number of females he had... It'd be a much more situation than a walker attack. I mean seriously, five guys never seen a female for at least a year, and suddenly there are those beautiful women just right there with few men to defend them.

Also loved how Carl pulled his gun when Hershel seemed to turn and attack Lori, good thing he didn't shoot though.

11. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Basically Glen was there to make sure Hershel's daughters didn't let the memory of their father cloud their judgment if he came back as a walker.

He could have also been there as further protection for the ladies and Carl if someone were to show up at their cell block gate.

12. Pharris

Pharris Member

I don't believe it had anything to do with the possibility of Herschel turning and was simply Rick instructing Glen on being a supportive partner to Maggie. Glen is young and has admitted to Maggie (and of course, to the audience) that he has never had a girlfriend before. This was Rick helping Glen (in a way that an older brother might) on how to be a good boyfriend. It connects to Rick's strained relationship with Lori. Rick is telling Glen what he (Rick) should really be doing. It has a lot of depth and is a plant/payoff perhaps for later in the season.

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

Yeah I too first thought about Rick's action as only a way to tell Glen to be a supportive boyfriend, and be there for the emotional cause if Hershel died. But haven't you heard him say "Or should I bring in T?", so that means Rick also wanted Glen to be there to handle Hershel if he turned.

14. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Good point. So I think it's safe to assume that Rick had several reasons for letting Glenn know that he should stay.

15. rabscuttle1

Because they're my loved one. I don't want a stranger ot even a friend to do it. That would be like a family member needing the plug pulled on thir life support and letting someone else come in and do it. They're MY loved one. Putting them down before they turn would be the last loving act I would ever be able to give them. I'll be damned if I let someone else do it.

16. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

Ya if it was my loved one, i would want to be the one putting them down /pulling the cord.

ya the over flaunting your numbers could back fire and Glen is needed there for other than "someone with a gun" reasons. lol now i think my Q was kinda dumb... oh well, live and learn :)

17. slw2082

I was just wondering. I feel the same. What about children though?? I think you mentioned before that you don't have any but for anyone that does or if you care to answer, What would you do if your children turned?

18. rabscuttle1

I personally would put my own child down. I wouldn't be able to let that responsibility fall to another. I would already feel like a I failed them horribly if they were bit. How could I allow myself to fail them again by allowing them to turn or letting someone else do it. However, I would completely understand if a parent was unable to do it.

19. slw2082

I'm with you there. Although if both my children were needing to be put down I think my reason to live would be gone right along with them.

20. rabscuttle1

Opting out isn't in me. Plus my wife wouldn't want that and if I had children I'm sure they wouldn't want me to opt out. I'm a survivor and I'll keep on keeping on until I draw my last breath.