Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why is Rick so pissed at Michonne?

Discussion in 'Episode 309 - The Suicide King' started by undeadchick, Feb 11, 2013.

1. undeadchick

undeadchick Member

Is it because Michonne knows Andrea? Why would that poss Rick off enough to kick her out? She's been kicking ass for him. I'm just confused about that whole thing.

2. superman11

superman11 Member

I was wondering the same thing. I just think he's afraid of putting his people in harms way again. And he also ends up feeling responsible when people join his group and end up dead, like what he said about Oscar. If you just look at it from our point of view your like, Why is he so mad? She's the reason Glenn and Maggie are even alive.

He also doesnt trust her yet, especially because she disappeared during the raid.

3. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

He has probably wanted before for her to leave after when the whole thing with Glenn and Maggie comes to an end. But I think he is also mad at her because she didn't talk about Andrea.

4. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

He just doesn't know who he can trust. He doesn't want to trust anyone, actually.

5. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

He's not pissed at Michonne she just has very poor social skills. He doesn't know if he can trust her because she's so quiet. She'll loosen up eventually and their relationship will improve.

6. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Agreed, they will become close soon

7. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

cause she's a lose cannon who can single handedly take out more walkers than the group combined, and she sits there all quiet and doens't say shit....all she needs to do is talk to the guy for 5 minutes

8. boutte

boutte Active Member

Poor social skills. LoL. That's one way to put it. She's a psycho. I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing she was in the same state as me much less a few yards away.

9. Lauri

Lauri Member

Well, she was ticking me off me because she refused to talk even when threatened. I know I've been screaming inwardly for her to talk and share the information she knew, but instead she acted like she couldn't physical open her mouth. So, I can see how she could get on Rick's nerves. This isn't exactly a good time to be shy.

10. Machete

Machete Active Member

I disagree... I would have agreed before last night's episode. Rick is impossible to talk to anymore. Look at the way he treated Tyrese when they met. He is suspicious of everyone (which is understandable, given the circumstances), but its almost to the point where if he doesn't start giving people a chance (like Herschel said) he is dooming them all. If I were Michonne, I am not sure I would want to talk to him either.

Rick needs to find some balance, and fast. I think that is what the rest of season 3 will be about.

11. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Because he knows now that she withheld crucial information:

• She knows Andrea
    • Prattled off unannounced to kill the Gov
    • With one strength down, she may have indirectly caused Daryl's capture, thus delaying escape
    • Creates rife within the group by siding with Glenn on killing Merle
    • Unpredictability makes her a risk

12. EvieE

EvieE Member

The prison hasn't been attacked by the Gov and his minions yet. Besides, Rick was being nasty to her before she abandoned them on their Woodbury raid. He's pissed because she won't talk. Not that she owes him or any of them an explanation.

13. Ricktator11

Ricktator11 Member

Best explanation yet

14. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Zackly! Equally important though, WTF is up with Rick! It's understandable about his initial PTS disorder. But how can the writers possibly bring Rick's character back from these haywire dramatic depths. Given time to think, who would follow this mad man???

15. Heisenberg

Heisenberg New Member

Rick hasn't slept since Lori has died, which is about 3 days. He is very fatigue and lucid, and he is definitely not in the state to be making decisions concerning the group. Rick is just upset about Lori, and how an outsider had practically killed her. Rick is not in the mood for outsiders any more, or well, at least until his mental state improves.

16. arroncarlton

arroncarlton Member

Rick's attitude toward Michonne is his attitude towards anyone who who was not part of the farm group, in general. Like we saw towards the prisoners and Tyrese's group. Now add Michonne's unwillingness to communicate it times, it makes total sense.

17. lurkers&roamers

Michonne lacks social skills. I know this doesn't apply to Rick, but this illustrates the point. Instead of trying to explain to Andrea why she was attacking the Governor, she left. I don't think Rick is pissed at her, he just doesn't fully trust her. She abandoned Rick at one point in Woodbury, without so much as telling him what she needed to do. Like someone else said, Rick already doesn't trust people. The fact that Michonne won't give him ANY information about herself doesn't help. Also, because of Merle, Rick knows about Michonne's pet walkers. That probably made Rick think she's even crazier than he is. If Michonne would open her damn mouth every once in a while, Rick might learn to trust her.

18. Thales

Thales Well-Known Member

I agree with this, Rick would probably scare the shit out of us all in real life lol.

19. IQDeficit

IQDeficit Member

Michonne had no idea the group at the prison was the same group Andrea was with prior to them meeting.

20. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

He doesn't trust anybody, after the thing with Andrew... THAT was the reason Lori died, because they were forced into the walker infested tombs and into a room with no tools except Carl's knife, without Carol or Hershel to help her pull through when giving birth. It was Andrew that pretty much killed Lori, to be honest. So Rick doesn't trust anyone, he doesn't WANT to trust anyone, because he's afraid something similar will happen, maybe next time Carl or Judith will die, he doesn't want to take those chances with strangers anymore.

Just my take on it.